Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Sep 1, 2012.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, cause that's an option.

2. atm1892

atm1892
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Florida has a much better resume than Georgia. It's that simple.

Florida had wins over LSU, South Carolina, and @Texas A&M.

Georgia's did beat Florida, but that's their only impressive win. And Florida pretty much did everything in their power to lose that game.

Oh yea, and Georgia got prison raped by South Carolina. For that performance alone they doesn't deserve a BCS bowl.

3. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One game wins a man a heisman huh? Well that's good to know.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

68.3% completion percentage, 3419 yds, 24 TDs, 8 INT
    1181 yds rushing, 19 TDs

66.9% completion percentage, 3286, 32 TDs, 6 INT
    895 yds rushing, 23 TDs

The first set of stats are Manziel, the second are Tebow's the year he won the Heisman. Tebow was also 9-4 and had some guy named Percy Harvin he relied heavily on. Manziel was 10-2 and lost by a combined 7 points to two top 10 teams and beat the #1 team...on their home field.

Take off your homer glasses and realize that there are plenty of arguments to be made that Te'o wasn't even the best/most dominant defensive player in the country, let alone the best player overall. He is helped by gaudy INT statistics and the ND hype machine and cause he has a pretty remarkable story this year.

No offense to you, but the tremendous whining of butthurt ND fans all over my social media and in person tonite, despite having a fucking National Championship game in a few weeks to look forward to, has made me deaf to complaints about the award outcomes.

5. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm of the opinion that Tebow should not have won it that year. His team lost four games and despite ESPN creaming over his TD total, he didn't even lead the FBS in total TDs.

6. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Doug Flutie won it off 1 pass in 1 game. Klein lost it in 1 game, so I guess Manziel can win it in 1 game.

There was a case for any of those 3 guys to win.

Te'o is the only one you will hear from in the NFL.

7. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Despite the fact that I don't believe he should have won the Heisman, I completely agree. Te'o will be a great pro and projects well. But the Heisman has never been about projecting NFL talent, right Danny Wuerffel?

8. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Heisman is usually the kiss of death going into the pros.

The list is pretty sad.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except that he didn't, because the voting was over by the time that "1 pass" was thrown.

Not to mention he was the all time NCAA yardage leader. Which probably came from more than one pass, but I'm just guessing on that one.

10. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was more that his first two Heisman opportunities. His team lost while he turned in pedestrian preformances. Is the kid sick? Hell yes. I'm just saying both Klein and Manzell had losses in which they preformed poorly. This is not the case with Te'o. Plus missing two tackles in a season is fucking silly. Also I have heard many times that there was no clear cut Heisman favorite this year. Traditionally in seasons where that is the case, the award tends to go to the best player on the best team. In this case that player is Te'o.

So no "homer" glasses here just a bit of disappointment. I wasn't surprised by the result at all.

11. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its officially the end of an era. I have such mixed emotions about the whole thing. As a fan I want that man in the backfield for as long as we can keep him, but this is the best call for him. I've never seen a player of such caliber represent himself with as much class as athletic ability. The man gave both his knees helping to get our program to levels I honestly thought were impossible for Carolina to reach. I pray the Redskins don't draft him.

12. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear Nevada, why you no play defense in the last two minutes of a bowl game? Also, icing a fucking extra point attempt? Really?

13. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, I hate the University of Arizona. It is not just that my father is an Arizona State graduate and I was brought up to hate all that is Wildcats. No this is much more, this is betting. I am in a bowl pool and now I am already down one game to the girlfriend. I did not do well last year, so I actually took it a bit serious this year with research and everything. Go Utah State.

It was a fun game to watch. Damnit.

14. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same reason I'm pissed. Fucking Arizona spends all year proving they have more holes than Revolutions story line but when I fucking pick against them, then they decide to show some fucking spine! And I get Nevada's defense sucks but there was absolutely no reason to pave the way to the endzone. A stiff breeze would have offered more of an impediment than that farce of a defense.

15. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So after four bowls, I'm at 2-2. Its a shame when you're four games in and damn near out of it.

16. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Minnesota and Texas Tech have pretty talented boxers. Those guys are so athletic they could probably play football too.

There have been some crazy games this bowl season. It has been a lot of fun to watch. I just wish more games would break my way.

17. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am a fan of the Pac12, WAC and Mountain West Conferences. Because of this I am having a real tough bowl picking season. Honestly, Oregon State losing to Texas? Fresno State getting killed by SMU? I am losing to a fucking Dog in the pool I am in. God this is just embarrasing.

18. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Before this fuck of a day started I was down by four games. I don't even want to know how it stands now.

19. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was thinking the same damn thing.