Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Sep 1, 2012.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alabama - Arkansas today can either be a really good game with Arkansas fighting to get their shit together, however, their secondary is banged up and they may not have their QB.

#1 or not, in my 22 years of being a Tide fan, I know this: There is NO game 'Bama can't lose. Nick better fire those boys up.

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck SEC dollars, I want Mizzou back in the Big 12.

It's like Mizzou is the slightly effeminate inmate that just transferred to pound-me-in-the-ass prison from the county jail. We're not ending this season without some major anal leakage.

3. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Considering Chris Berman gets to host NFL Primetime (or whatever they're calling it nowdays) is Erin Andrews getting her own show really that much of a dropoff in quality?

4. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

52 - 0 beatdown. I don't know if it was really Bama being good, or Arkansas really being bad.

5. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can send your apologies directly to Driskel at UF.

He looked great today. And he played well enough to lead them back last week.

6. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Just left the stanford sc game. That shit sucked. Not having our center hurt, 23 rushing yard will not get it done.

7. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a curious east coaster, I have to ask...

What makes/made people thing Barkley was such a good QB? Of everything Ive seen of him, which admittedly isnt much, I just dont see it. He doesnt have an elite arm, doesnt make great decisions, I dont understand it.

I can tell you the 2 Tenn WR were very impressive. I can see both Hunter & Patterson playing on Sundays.

8. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You can't use this last game as an example. He had less than two seconds to pass on most of his dropbacks. The o-line play was terrible. One of the interceptions he threw was terrible in that there was no reason he should have thrown the ball where he did, the other was just a bad throw but the right idea. Not sure how you can say he doesn't have an elite team, he brought a team with sanctions and scholarship limitations to a top ten ranking last year (AP not BCS obviously). His freshman year in his first (or second, too lazy to look) game he went into Ohio State and led a game winning drive. He makes the throws that need to be made and is much less prone to making mistakes that most other quarterbacks. He's not as flashy as RG III but even David Shaw (the Stanford coach) said after the game he is the best QB in the country.

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From what I've seen of Barkley, I think his receivers make him look better than he is. He's good, but he's not phenomenal.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Barkley's biggest strength is he seemed to have alot of calm and composure from an early age. Even as a freshman he wasn't getting super rattled and making wild throws. That drive against OSU was unreal. He only has 1 game in his career where he threw more than 2 picks (coincidentally against Stanford) and the Stanford game on Sat was, I think, only the second game in the last 2 years where he had more than 1 interception. I don't think he's a guy who is going to make tons of great plays or wow you with his arm or athleticism, but he's going to be mature in the pocket from day 1 and make the throws he should. Sure he has great WRs, but for a guy who averaged 35-40 pass attempts a game last year to only have 7 interceptions? Thats pretty impressive.

11. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FTFY.

12. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

DAMN RIGHT WE DID!!! On another note, I'm rooting for Umich in this game, but WTF is Robinson doing?? Seriously, that's 5 turnovers by him alone this game. Goddamn. Son needs to chill the f out and sit the bench for a few.

The announcers also have said Tip Drill on numerous occasions, just look that video up on YouTube.

13. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Who's the backup QB at Auburn? Because Frazier is atrocious. He could shit himself on the field and I wouldn't be surprised.

I take back what I said about Driskel a couple of weeks ago. He looks more and more comfortable. Also, Jordan Reed is one tough mofo.

Also, I'm glad we're about 5 minutes from the stupid "shoelace" train to fully derail. K-State is giving OU fits, it'll be interesting to see how this ends. I actually like Bill Snyder. I love that he built a program in fucking Manhattan, KS, left, saw that it was turning into a shitshow, and basically said "back up assholes, I got this".

#33 FreeCorps, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  14. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damnit, Fresno State let Tulsa hang around long enough to finally figure out that maybe they can play with the Bulldogs.

15. The Skirt

The Skirt
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I just watched the Purple Kansas/OU game... feels like I was watching this...

#35 The Skirt, Sep 22, 2012
  16. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Serious question: Why is Notre Dame ranked? Did I miss some stellar recruiting or a bowl performance last year? Not discounting the two wins over ranked Michigan teams, but they didn't get to peek up the top ten's skirt by those two wins alone.

17. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Notre Dame has a possibility of being good they get ranked because of their name. It's the same for most big name schools (my Buckeyes included). Unlike like most years it looks like they might deserve it this time though. Their offense is kind of a mess, but the defense looks really good at this point. I'm also so glad we'll stop hearing about Denard Robinson as a Heisman candidate. Sometimes I wonder if analyst actually watch the games or just look at numbers. He has played poorly whenever he was up against a good defense.

That Clemson Florida State game was awesome last night. Clemson had to pull out some big plays to keep that lead, and Florida State looked like the better team even when they were losing. Florida State just dominated in the second half. It looks like they have a good chance to make it through the season undefeated. They need to cut out making stupid mistakes though.

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#38 gamecocks, Sep 28, 2012
  19. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Go Cocks, Morris is a world class douchebag, asshole needs to leave Spurrier alone. He will end up losing his job if he keeps it up or tone down the bullshit if Ol Steve keeps freezing out ALL the media because of Morris running his dicksuckers.

20. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He already got fired from his weekly gig on the local ABC affiliate this morning.