Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Sep 1, 2012.

1. The Skirt

The Skirt
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have been gorging myself on all of the awesome match-ups today. And I had been planning on going strong through the Washington/Oregon game, but it looks like it's going to be a blowout in time for me to still go out. So, a few thoughts before I put on my heels...

Is there any way Geno Smith can be drafted to and begin playing for an NFL team before my Sooners have to play them?! Cause shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Related News: saxeT needs to admit that Mac Brown has thought he was at a live action version of "Pac-Man" for the last 25 games and has no idea what's going on. Someone else is clearly calling the shots because he looks like he's taken one too many to the head.

Can someone please explain to me how Notre Derp is still winning?! I thought they were going to be a "Ranked based on name" school that dropped out after week 2 or 3... but they've strung together 3 rather impressive wins. So... Did Charlie Weis actually have some good recruiting classes and he couldn't win because he wasn't given a chance? Was the talent always there and he coached it into the ground? Is Brian Kelly the second coming of Bill Snyder? Or, were the Michigan teams overrated and The U is just another team surviving on rep, so we shouldn't be surprised they won? But if they can do that, against those guys, then based on their schedule that means we'll see them finally face-plant against... USC??? (I love OU & I think we COULD beat ND when we play them... but WILL we? No clue. Depends on if Landry's wife is putting out that week?? Who knows what makes that kid flip his "Good/Special Needs" switch.)

I bet LSU wishes they'd pulled a USC and keep Mathieu.

To all of the teams who left the BigXII - hope you're all enjoying having your asses kicked by your new conferences.
    To The BigXII - everyone who's left your conference is losing in their new conferences... so maybe you're not as good as you think you are? Or did you just cut loose the baggage? *crosses fingers, hopes for the latter, is aware that the former is the more likely scenario based on OU's record in National Championship games over the past 10 years*

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok, seriously....what the fuck happened to UGA? From over forty points a game to....a single, garbage time td? How bad were they raped?

3. The Skirt

The Skirt
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

#43 The Skirt, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Missouri does suck but TAMU is 2-1, only losing to UF, and should win at least 3 more. That would make them 5-3 in SEC play... assuming they don't upset Bama or LSU.

5. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well this happened alot...
    [​IMG]

We also scored 21 in the first 10 minutes, that will really change a game.

6. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is hilarious. I think my favorite was either Bama or Louisville.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Comn_-FRY-A#![/youtube]

7. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

This is pretty much how it went
    [​IMG]

8. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, my god, can Mizzou please go back to being a team on the upswing in the BigXII? Because this is getting torturous. Thank God Notre Dame is off to a great start with a legitimate shot at going undefeated because otherwise college football would be unwatchable this year. I mean fuck. If Mizzou gets insanely lucky they might MIGHT get to six wins. (You know if we put up some more strong games like we did against fucking UCF.)

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really thought Mizzou was going to be competitive their first year, I'm really surprised that they can't beat anyone, or really hang with them. When Carolina joined back in 1992 it was just like that. It's horrible, and its not going to get better any time soon, I feel your pain.

10. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What are the odds Gene Chizik keeps his job after this season?

11. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they will give him at least one more season. Whether he keeps his job for the entire season is debatable. Auburn is going through changes in their offense and it is going to take time to implement that. Hopefully the higher ups at Auburn understand that. However, if he can't get them to at least 7-8 wins next season, I think he's out the door. And if he starts off with 3 or 4 losses he probably won't keep his job through the entire season.

I hope he gets another season. I personally hate the revolving door of coaches that you see in most of D-1 football. It seems if you have a great season and win a national championship as a head coach, the reaction isn't, "That's great! Clearly you know what you're doing. You have our full support!" The general attitude seems to lean more towards, "Well you won the title once. Clearly you should be able do it again, and fairly consistently. Rebuilding, and the fact that there are more than 100 other schools that are constantly trying to get better, be damned!"

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chizik should be gone today. If they hadn't bought Cam Newton, he'd have been fired already. He's under .500 if you take out Cam's season and he's winless in the SEC since Malzahn left.

13. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I truly get what you're saying, but as I said, I would like to see a bit more faith in coaches at the college level. Unless your name is Charlie Weiss. Fuck his non talent developing ass. I hope KU keeps him forever.

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How long do you think they should have as a general rule? I say they get 3-4 years to produce some results assuming they are not coming into a massive program building job.

15. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think winning a National Title should get you at least three years of benefit of the doubt.

16. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In virtually any other scenario I would completely agree with you. That title was won by Newton and Malzahn. Other than looking the other way while a booster paid Cam Sr., Chizik had nothing to do with it.

17. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It would be amazing if Notre Dame could win tomorrow.

18. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like Marcus Lattimore is done. Damn that didn't look good at all

19. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On the halftime show, Lou "Cheater" Holthhhzzz actually said "Wow...I hope he broke his leg and it wasnt his knee."

I didnt see it but thats gotta be bad.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And there go the rankings:

[​IMG]

Am I the only one who wants ND to lose, to prevent all the dick-pumping ESPN will do for the next 4 seasons if they continue on this track?

Yeah, Chizik's job is gone. Giving up 63 points in a conference game? No sir, Auburn boosters will crucify him.