Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Sep 1, 2012.

1. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey. Shut up!

2. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are not alone. Holtz will be spitting all over himself now.

3. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They won and ESPN still doesn't seem to think they're realistic title game contenders.

4. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably because they aren't as far as the landscape is currently. We're going to get Bama Oregon/K-State if everyone wins out. Upsets and the Irish are probably in, but if its comparing teams with the same record, people won't take the them seriously unless they show up in a BCS bowl game. They've got a good shot to do that this year. If they go to a BCS bowl and beat someone other than the ACC/Big East rep, they'll be top 5 next year and primed for a run. But I wouldn't necessarily listen to me either, 3 weeks ago I was ready to book a room in Miami. Now I'm hoping to back into the SEC title game or Sugar Bowl and hoping Lattimore can walk again. I'd wait a few weeks to get worked up.

5. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree. I was just saying that the days of Notre Dame getting a blow job from the media simply for beating Purdue are long gone. If everyone wins out I think the game has to be K-state vs. Bama. Question. If Bama looses a flukey close one do people still think they will be in the title game? Even if there are three unbeantens out there?

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok but the odds of everyone winning out aren't that high. Bama and K State have ranked opponents left and have to play title games. Oregon has three ranked opponents and a title game. One of them will probably lose somewhere along the line, if not two. If ND wins out, they could very well end up in the top 2.

7. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally agree. I could see Bama or K state getting in with 1 loss over ND if they lose that ranked game and come out gangbusters in their title game. I don't really care either way at this point. Football is a cruel mistress. Of all the people to get hurt, its gotta be Lattimore? Not only is he awesome on the field, he's a damn fine human being. The mood here feels like after Gary Berter got paralyzed in Remember the Titans. We're streaming a birthday party to him from our campus today for Christs sake. Its a horribly acted version of Bryans song around here.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

K-State doesn't have to play in a title game. The Big 12 doesn't have a title game this year due to all the restructuring of teams coming and going.

At this point, it's pretty simple; if Bama and Oregon win out, they'll play in the NC. Oregon is #2 in both human polls. Because the computers have them at #5 they're currently behind K-State and ND. Once they actually play some decent teams (O-State, Standford and USC plus a title game) and win those games, the computers will start ranking them higher.

The most interesting scenario would be to see who would get in as #2 if Oregon loses somewhere along the way, and both K-State and ND go on to be undefeated.

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The SEC is still a stupid conference. I want to take my team and go home were things make sense! Plus KU might start getting ideas above their station (like they are not the most vile cesspool of useless whoredom in all of humanity) if we are not there to hate them and kick their ass on a regular basis.

11. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course they're a stupid conference. You really think most of these crazy athletes spend a whole lot of time in class?

12. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm not sure how I feel about Kiffin as a coach right now. The arrogance is fine, fits well with us, but just questionable decisions all over the place. Hopefully this is just part of him learning as a coach since he is still relatively young. But we really shit the bed this weekend. Sad that one of the all time great reeceiving performances was wasted. Lee almost pulled down the hail mary at the end too.
    Beyond the X's and O's because I don't know too much about that in football SC just has no discipline. 119 penalty yards and 5 turnovers is not the way to win any game. Hopefully we can still get to the Rose Bowl.

13. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know he plays defense, so he is basically ineligible but will someone give Manti Te'o a damn Heisman?

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only after Jadeveon Clowney gets one.

15. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Te'o has more tackles and five picks. Although your boy is stomping ass in the sacks department.

16. litwin

litwin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Just found out I have tickets to the LSU vs. Bama game. I'm an LSU fan, but I think Alabama is to good this year. With LSU's struggling offense they will have a hard time keeping up even if their defense can keep them in the game.

17. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find myself rooting for both LSU and USC in the same fucking day. My stomach hurts with this nonsense. At least Florida is not blowing out Mizzou yet.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just want to the BCS to implode in on itself, so whatever team needs to win for that to happen I am rooting for.

19. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well way to give it away. Hope the Irish have a better game.

20. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't get to watch that Missouri Florida game since I'm working a show but I was following it on my phone. Was Franklin as bad as it looked? If so Florida probably should have lost.