Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Sep 1, 2012.

1. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When was that last NC? ND hasn't been relevant since Holtz left.

While there are no undefeated SEC teams, your best win is Michigan... who was skull fucked by Bama. I'm not forgetting Oklahoma. They never get up for the big games.

Your team would be beaten by over half of the SEC.

2. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Um how about Oklahoma or Stanford as better wins than Michigan?

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you say so. We'll find out in January. I just don't think a team that could barely beat Michigan and BYU can hang with most of the top ten, even if the defense is pretty damn good.

Also, I think they could easily lose to USC and fall out of the title discussion.

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm actually a little glad that Ohio State can't play in a bowl game this year. They've got a pretty good chance of going unbeaten, and things might have worked out to put them into the national championship game, where they would get trounced by any of the teams currently in the top 4.

Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Arkansas, and Mississippi make up half the SEC. People seem to overestimate the SEC because they have a few more teams at the top every year than the other conferences, and they usually only play each other. When the only teams with a chance to beat you are also in the top 10, it's hard to fall out. I don't trust Florida, Georgia, or LSU this year. They're all ranked where they are based on predictions, beating each other, and the rest of the FBS schools being terrible this year, and they've all had games where they looked terrible. South Carolina looked good, but they lost their best player. Texas A&M looks to still be a pretty standard Big 12 teams that scores a lot of points and finds ways to lose games they should win. Alabama is probably the best team in the country. The others deserve to be mentioned with the top teams, but I'm not going to give them more than even odds against the top three, Ohio State, and maybe Stanford and Oklahoma.

I'm looking for Louisville to embarrass someone in a BCS game. Teddy Bridgewater is legit.

5. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn there is not a game worth watching on right now. I've settled on the Michigan Iowa game. Just so I can root for bad things to happen to denard Robinson.

6. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh my damn there are some great games happening right now. The SEC could be right back in this.

8. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit, Baylor is taking K-State out behind the woodshed!

52 to 24, near the end of the third quarter. Baylor picked off Collin Klein in the end zone on 4th and 10, then 1 play, 80 yard rushing touchdown.

9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Personally, I am hoping for an ND vs SEC championship because either way the nation would be awash in arrogant assholes' tears.

10. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And you guys are right back in it. 1 and 2 down in one night!

11. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We need to get by Georgia in a dominant fashion to book those reservations.

12. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even if you just squeak it out who else can they put in there?

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly. At this point Alabama and Georgia control their fates just as much as Notre Dame. Whoever comes out of the SEC title game will go to the national championship. 'Bama/Georgia will be ranked 2 and 3 respectively tomorrow. I think Notre Dame gets killed if they beat USC next week. Their defense will hang tough, but assuming they play Alabama I don't see their offense putting up many points. I will however probably be rooting for Notre Dame just because someone needs to beat the God damn SEC already.

What's really going to be depressing is watching the big ten in bowl games this year. Off the top of my head I can't remember any point in my life where the conference was this weak. What an embarrassing season.

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's the crazy thing: if Notre Dame goes down, which I hope they do, then it'll be the winner of UGA/Bama and then...number 10 Florida State? Number 11 Clemson? You have to skip over ineligible (?) Ohio State, one-loss Florida, two-loss USC, Texas A&M, and LSU to get to the next highest ranked 1 loss team with a conference championship.

God, they need a fucking playoff. This would be EPIC.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you are even understating it.

Why could it not be Oregon, assuming they win the Pac 10? You know the Pac 10 has a championship game now, right? Do you expect them to drop out of the top 10, even if they beat Oregon State and UCLA? Or are you just fairly sure that Stanford will beat UCLA next week? If Stanford wins twice, then what? They may be inside the top 10. And why not championship-game-less K State? I

16. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Irish have sucked ass for almost two decades. They are finally having a good season. So why is all the hate still there?

17. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because I haven't seen any of these fans my entire life, yet everyone loves Notre Dame now. I feel for you people who were alive in the early 80's when ND was good.

18. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I remeber when Lou left Notre Dame. I literally bawled. Granted I wasn't even a teenager so crying when upset was a fairly standard reaction. And yeah bandwagon fans suck but Notre Dame is famous for having a national fanbase. Its just most of us have been to busy drinking away yet another sub par season, and waiting till next year to properly show pride. Plus if there are any "unaffiliated" sportscasters giving us even odds against any team we play in a national title scenario I cant find them. The season started with people saying we would be lucky to win 7-8 games against our monster schedule. Then we were pulling it out but the meat of our schedule was coming up. Then we would need some help because we are victims of a weak schedule. And now we are completely overrated without a shot against any quality SEC team. Despite the fact that we find ways to win every game. I'm not saying the SEC sucks or we would absolutely dominate Oregon. But damn it we have played some of the top teams from quite a few different confrences, and beat them all. Yet espn acts as if were being gifted a top five spot let alone number 1.

Would we crush Alabama? No. But it would be nice if people thought we at least deserved to be on the same field as them.

19. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Trying to understand this Bowl stuff is like reading Sanskrit. Y'know, because my alma mater hasn't been in the running for a good one in years.

Let's say Rutgers wins the Big East. Will they actually go to one of the big five Bowl games, or wind up in some ridiculous no-name Bowl like the previous 7 years? I'm not bitching that we're six time winners in these games, but it would be nice to be able to say "Sugar Bowl, bitches" or something as equally obnoxious. We're 9-1, 5-0 conference, still have Pitt and Louisville left (this game will likely determine who wins the conference). I know it's a strength of schedule thing when it comes to rankings and who goes where.

So, they win, they play who? Like I said, I'm not getting how this Bowl stuff works out.

20. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The winner of the Big East will be guaranteed a BCS bowl. They will likely go to the Orange bowl to play the ACC champ.