Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2015 Superbowl and WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've shovelled it twice already today, cool dude. Plus six beers and shitloads of Super Bowl eats are a factor. It's snowing non-stop until 2pm tomorrow. It simply can't be done. Not right now.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think I've got the SuperBowl messaging down now...

#LIKEAGIRL

[​IMG]

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is that a squirrel?

So, I guess the rodent saw his shadow. Happy Groundhog Day!

5. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck you snow. Couldn't get out of the driveway this morning, which means another day my car's right side isn't fixed from a hit and run. Also, more missed meetings which cuts into my income.

Fuck you snow. Normally I don't mind you so much, but this last 7 days you've been a serious douchecanoe.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The best Super Bowl ad, other than the magnificence that was the Furious 7 trailer.

#206 Juice, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I had to blow off my friends and watch the game sober at home last night because it was Monday morning in India and they were starting testing on a project I am the lead for, so I had to be available to deal with the inevitable fuckups.

Amazingly, nothing happens and I don't hear from them at all. I just got off the 8:00am conference call, where I learned that they decided not to do it last night. It took everything I had in me not to kick down a cubicle wall. Now they want me to do the testing in between getting chewed out by three different bosses for not being an enthusiastic team member, which is also happening today.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I love that one, but this year was hands down the worst year for ads. It seemed like a contest of which one could throw its audience into the darkest pit of crippling depression.

#208 Crown Royal, Feb 2, 2015
  9. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It wasn't a contest. They all fucking won. Can't wait to see what AdWeek and AdAge say about all the shitty ads. Also, if anyone actually cares about any of the logic behind Pete Carroll's play call (there is some), I posted an article in the Football thread.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No way. The best one was the Avocado commercial. The pacing of the one they actually showed that was only 30 seconds was great:

http://www.wsj.com/video/super-bowl-2015-avocado-ad/83B789A1-D29B-4F82-8051-25419C99900B.html

But the full length one:

includes Flutie saying of the Sloth pick: "not a locker room guy" and while waiting for the pick, the Polar Bear saying "beach, beach, beach"

Also, I don't think they showed this replay during the game did they? It's the video of Lane's arm breaking.
    Seriously, don't watch this if you're squeamish.
    https://vine.co/v/Ot0aUImXzJV

#210 Rush-O-Matic, Feb 2, 2015
  11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I also liked the Liam Neeson commercial for Clash of Clans, the way he goes in and out of "Taken" mode was a riot.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just noticed that the raccoon was trying to eat the starfish when the zebra got selected. It's also funny at the end when Flutie and Rice are talking and Joe Buck tries to reach for the chips, only to get his hand slapped away.

#212 Rush-O-Matic, Feb 2, 2015
  13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I like Wiarton Willie better than Phil. Our groundhog is albino, and as you all know that makes him evil.

Attached Files:

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My family lives in London, ON... same place as Crown.

Dad sent me this pic of the snow plow stuck in their court after getting about 10" of snow overnight.

Attached Files:

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I called my work and two of the nineteen people on my shift made it in. This is the first time I missed work since that 40" overnight drop we got three or four years ago. I cleared the driveway but still can't get off the street.

I like how the plough guys are trying to push it into the cul-de-sac instead of the properties in the photo. They could have easily been sadists.

16. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad the super bowl is done with, this weekend in Scottsdale was a shit show. The money was very good but people forget rules apply when they go out of town. Had the great pleasure of calling 911 with an axe handle in my hand at 1am this morning as a drunk New Yorker who thinks my name is fat fuck screamed and threatened me then started fighting with other patrons and for good measure had his brother in law jump in. Said New Yorkers are probably just getting out of jail this morning. They were horrible tippers so I do not feel bad at all.
    To make it better the wife of the guy who got arrested and his buddy came back to the bar and threatened the patron who said he was going to press assault charges and threatened to sue me as well for serving them to much. I let her know that they both could join her husband in jail if they kept it up.
    Of course I was working by myself because why would we need a security guard on the busiest weekend of the year.

Thanks to Scottsdale PD for showing up within 30 seconds of my call and handling the situation.

Hope you enjoyed your vacation assholes, we will see you when you come back for your felony assault charges.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Doritos ad with the guy ogling the hot chick in the airplane isle way was my favorite. I cracked up when he dropped the bag in disappointment when he saw her baby. I did get a laugh when thinking about that dead child not growing up because a 60 inch flat screen fell on his head. We looked up that stat and apparently in ten years there were 349 death attributed to falling furniture and objects in the home for kids under 18.

Too many bummer ads. I guess after years of making fun of dads as incompetent morons they decided to make the role of dad the most important factor in life. Thanks dads!

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was at a Thanksgiving gathering a few years ago. My niece somehow managed to sort of pull on, cimb on the TV stand. But, the TV was an older CRT. She flipped the thing right on her, but the angle it fell was just beyond her. She sat there sort of wide-eyed because of the crashing stuff like movie boxes and cables knocking over pictures. It happened right in front of her mother, me and about 6 other adults, in the blink of an eye. Both child and TV turned out fine, but the mom cried for about 10 minutes thinking about what could have happened.

These two were pretty good:
    https://twitter.com/jamescstatton/statu ... 34/photo/1
    and
    https://twitter.com/BigLiciousT/status/ ... 7738880002

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My son just said his first word (8 months yesterday): "Dada"

Apparently he was supposed to say "Mama" first because even though I didn't do anything I'm now getting the "eat shit and die" looks like I just tried for sex during her period.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You didn't tell her that, did you? It's one thing for it to happen in front of all of you, but if she came home and you said, "hey, guess what the baby just said!"... well, then you're just an idiot.

There are a few things you should lie about in life, this is one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.