Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

THE 2016 4th OF JULY WDT REALLY NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I love homemade ice cream! It's all about the texture...it's like smoother and yummier. My in-laws made peach ice cream for the 4th. It was the food highlight for me.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because I didn't know any better, I used a recipe I got off the internet, food network or something. It took more ingredients and heating them. I think I'll try your drinking method next time. If I ever use the thing again.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not sure if there are any MMA fans left around here, but this weekend is UFC 200 which has one of the best cards in almost forever and is on track to being a record PPV by a long shot.

The main card is Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier.

Well, it was, at least.

UFC just had a live press stream where they announced that Jon Jones has been pulled from the fight due to USADA (anti-doping agency) infringement.

http://www.ufc.ca/news/ufc-statement-on-jon-jones-july-6-2016

It's caused a pretty good shit-storm on the intarwebs.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My face after three solid hours of Guns and Roses :
    [​IMG]

5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Holy crap. My cousins are coming over Saturday and the plan is to watch, like, eight solid hours of fighting - because there are soooo many fights on the undercard - and this is huge. That's really got to cause them a problem so close to the big day. You'd think they should have been testing him every week leading up to this so that they had some time to deal with it.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Looks like it was from a sample taken June 16, when he was "out of competition," whatever that means. Because he would have been in training camp at that point. Strange that it took the lab almost a month to come up with a positive test, given how much money was spent advertising this bout.

If it turns out to be true, that's the death knoll for Jones' career. He's popped three different times now.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's his own worst enemy. One of the best fighters ever and just can't keep it together.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

For whatever reason I don't think we have a UFC thread. I posted this on another forum, but why wouldn't the UFC implement an alternate system? Given how many fights get cancelled at the last minute due to injuries or testing, why not always have three guys in camp for one fight? Kind of like jury duty. You could have someone break their foot or pop for steriods, and it's handled as quickly as a press conference and some graphics changes. Everyone knows who the backup guy is, and no one is worried about having to scrap a fight.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So has anyone else been to one of their concerts? It was probably the best rock show I've ever seen.

Slash is seemingly ageless. Axel was hitting the high notes and they really didn't have a set break.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a UFC fighter but from my wrestling days it sucked balls to train and make weight as an alternate for competition. Lots of work and pain and effort for... nothing. Makes sense on paper to have alternates but from my perspective it's not like the alternate guys would be just sitting and waiting- they'd have to train just as hard as the guy in the #1 spot for that fight night too. At the same time I realize there's probably people who want the spotlight bad enough to risk doing the work to make weight for nothing.

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yep absolutely. Aside from doping, the dude definitely has some demons to contend with. Still pound-for-pound the best fighter in the UFC regardless IMO.

12. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A big reason why they don't have alternates, the UFC doesn't want to pay multiple people to just train and never fight. Since they are considered "independent contractors" they would have to rework everyone's contract as I'm 100% sure fighters don't get paid anything outside of a base salary unless they actually compete. Cormier was PISSED because unless he gets a replacement fight, he only gets his base contracted salary. No fight bonuses, no pay per view share, no gate share, etc.

There might also be an issue with continuing to call fighters "independent contractors" while keeping people on the payroll to be alternates. Not sure about the legality of that, but it's certainly possible it clashes.

13. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fighters all need to collectively tell Dana White to suck the biggest dick imaginable. They get fucked so bad on pay and bonuses while the UFC makes tons of cash.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I don't know how they have it setup but they make jack shit, particularly when big boxing matches still have huge purses. Ive never really delved into the arguments behind it. Joe Rogan always bitches about superstars giving up the fight game after making it big to make movies and such. From the figures Ive heard it doesnt surprise me they want an easier paycheck once the option is availible.

15. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Not wanting to "waste" money on alternates is ridiculous. The UFC just (probably) sold for $4 BILLION, and their contracts for the heavy hitters are like $90,000. So yeah. Paying a third guy is chump change. Certainly a drop in the bucket when something like this happens and you've wasted millions on promotion and refunds.

And training as an alternate would suck, sure. Guys would still line up to do it. It would be a good way to break your way into the sport.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well yea, I mean some of these people get really fucked up after a good head kick (rousey) and it makes you really think about what you're doing. While I love the raw nature of the sport, I can see why they would try to get out.

Plus, they can't even smoke weed to recover. It's been proven that it helps give some relief after injuries and tough workouts. And it's not even performance enhancing.

On top of that, you have the physical toll taken on their bodies during weight cuts. Conor looks like a cancer patient at 145. It's just not healthy. And they are trying to ban IV rehydration because they think they can mask PEDS in it. There's a lot of bullshit in the sport.

17. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen Slash do his solo stuff and have had heard nothing but good things said about him but all I've heard about Axel is that he is a complete fuckwit. They played a gig where I lived a few year ago before Slash rejoined the band and Axel made the crowd wait over two hours before he went on stage and played a short rubbish set.

18. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

A whole bunch of people from my work are going camping in a few weeks, and I want to build a BFPG. (Big Fucking Potato Gun).

The place we're going to is somewhat secluded in the mountains and at a lake, so I'm looking to make the BFPG out of clear high-pressure PVC so it looks way fucking cool at night when it blows the fuck out of a potato.

Inspiration here:

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to find clear PVC, never mind high-pressure clear PVC?

Schedule 80 is coming in at about $300 for 6" in a 10' length.

What the hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.