Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2016 (fake) Thanksgiving WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ohio sucks. Well, specifically, Cleveland sucks (yes, I know, I've said it repeatedly), but I have yet to figure out why people would choose to live in a state when there are 49 others to chose from. I lived in NC for 4+ years, and if wasn't for family, I'd still be there.

Having said that, I HATE OSU for the same reason I hate ND - the fans. I actually loved Tressel and I dig Urban Meyer, and think the team is fantastic. Also, I agree with whomever said their admission requirements have become increasingly more difficult - regardless of whether you play ball or not - so it's really just the asshole fans I dislike - all of which live within a 50 mile radius of Cleveland (and are geographically closer to Penn State, if we're rooting on schools based on proximity).

Now, if you or your money have gone to/go to OSU, you can be an asshole fan all you want - you paid for that right.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Right here, right now.

Most annoying NCAA football fans.

From what I gathered over these two message boards it's Notre Dame. But some say Ohio fans are Satan's felch vomit.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

College football doesn't pay, but man those boosters sure as hell do!

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Aggies. Nothing else even close.

That bonfire didn't kill enough of them. It's a fucking cult. College station needs to be targeted by one of trump's itchy trigger finger nukes.

5. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seconded. They are the worst people.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I know nothing of A&M with the exception of that idiotic bonfire incident and they had a good run in the early 90's. And whatever the fuck an Aggie is I have no clue, a character from a children's show?

I mean, the other school there is the Longhorns. That's a badass Texas name.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Aggie = agriculture

Texas A&M = Texas Agriculture and Management

They're training future ranch hands! Yee haw!!

8. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

A&M and UT. They're the worst. The only others that grate on my nerves are OSU, Notre Dame, Bama and Baylor. And SMU. SMU is where you go if you went to Highland Park HS and want to continue 13-17th grades in town. It's a super expensive degree my cat could easily obtain. Baylor is where people go if they can't afford SMU and they think they're better than TCU.

Aggie refers to the "A" part of "A&M". The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas. Lame.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The only time I ever went to a college game was at the Big House. You see: an asteroid struck the earth in Michigan and they built a football field at the bottom, then bulldozed 100,000 drunk people into it. But we had a blast, I didn't hate anybody.

The SHIT you fuckers get away with in America. Don't get me started on NASCAR events. All the cars are gone when the game is over. Intoxicated drivers everywhere. Try that here and there would be fifty cruisers waiting to greet you with a criminal record.

Down there I've discovered in places that they're not drinking boundary laws, more like suggestions.

#349 Crown Royal, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    In the late 80's I worked for a company that "Employed" UNLV basketball players. They'd show up for a couple hours each month and do absolutely dick all. They got VIP parking (Reserved for company big wigs) and the three we hired drove a Corvette, a 300ZX, and the non starter drove an RX7.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In case you didn't notice, you were in America, greatest nation in the universe.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Didn't only something like 20% of their players pass their classes that championship year as well?

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I don't know, but I do know the next year when they choked in the semi-finals game against the same team they tore apart the year before, several major players were alleged to be connected to a noted sports fixer.

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-02-14/sports/sp-2218_1_unlv-president-robert-maxson

14. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I missing something or is this whole tiny house movement just creating trailer parks that hipsters think are cool?

#354 ODEN, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That only matters if you think college is about academics and not football.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Miami greek system was a problem for a while with the hilarious white privelage shenanigans.

The ear piercing O-H.................I-O chant is the worst part about their fans. Otherwise Ive become indifferent to the football program.

I had a lame birthday night out. I ended up out at the bars with a high school buddy who at one time was the insane person that every group of high school/college buddies have. A OSU alum, he once chugged a bottle of vodka and proceeded to drive from Athens (OU) to Columbus as fast as he could before it "kicked in." Anyway, instead of getting buck wild he spent the first half of the night talking his parents into taking care of his 1 year old son and the second half complaining about not being able to drink because he had to drive back to Columbus today with said son. It litterally became every word out of his mouth until I said fuck it and we got an uber home at like 10:30.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Tiny houses are stupid. The only person I know who is all about dem tiny houses literally lives in a trailer that is missing a floor in the back room.

I live in a tiny house. It is less than 1000 square feet and the significant majority of redecorating that I have here involves buying furniture with storage.

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you have a loft bed? Be honest.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No. We do have a futon on the glassed in porch but it looks like I am going to have to rearrange the office and move it inside for an impending in-law visit. This also means I must purchase bedding.....

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would assume the cleaning would be minimal for a tiny house. Laziness I can get behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.