Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2016 (fake) Thanksgiving WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Kids.

It happened:

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Fuck I'm glad this week is over. We had a purge in my department at work which saw almost 50% of the people sacked for not doing their job. Just as the whole thing was winding down some asshole decided to turn it into a race issue. Now it's all fucked up again.

So then I get home and roommate #1 is bitching how tired he is and how much work he does, He's retired. His "Work" is putting up all the fucking holiday bullshit. He's been at it for 2 weeks and he still isn't done. I have to turn sideways to walk down the fucking stairs to avoid all the holiday cheer he placed on the stairs and the banisters. I'm thinking it's time to move.

And to further my foul mood....roommate #2 is yelling at #1 because of something I probably don't want to know about. I'm to old for this bullshit.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Didn't one of these dudes get stabbed, or was that a neighbour?

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Yep. One of them got stabbed by a neighbor. One of these days I'll have to tell the stories from living here. It'll blow your mind.

Between the two of them, they're in a constant state of war with the neighbors. They were rejoicing when the houses on either side of us were sold along with the house across the street, because they didn't get along with the owners. Within 3 months these two dipshits were at war with all three new owners, But they're not the problem. Nope, nope, nope....the neighbors are the problem.

I've lived here two years and haven't had a single problem with any of the neighbors.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Move.

The fuck.

Out.

You can only roll the dice so long before some schmuck fires a stray bullet into your bedroom while you're asleep or some other dumbass shit. You need to leave that fucking circus.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

This is I think the only time since I got sober I wish I could drink. My chest is on fire. Getting tattooed in the armpit is officially more painful than brain tumor migraines. This must be what satan's shits feel like.

And fucking cold front, I can't even go outside and have a fire and a smoke to get my mind off it because the wind is blowing everywhere and it's getting fucking cold! (Yes, 45 degrees is cold for us southerners.)

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That's what a lot of people keep telling me. A girl at work has been trying to get me to move in with her for over a year but I know that's a bad situation waiting to happen, so that's a hard no.

My only other options are either buy a house (No. I'm not getting saddled with a house in a town I hate. I'm just trying to wait it out cheaply until my property is paid off and I can bail) or find something on Craigslist which may end up an even more fucked up situation.

8. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The same cold front just blew through here. It was 39 when I fired up my truck this morning and I think we hit 62 for a high.

My truck was all sorts of pissed off. I think it's time for a new truck too.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

It's supposed to get below freezing tomorrow night and everyone is freaking the fuck out like this doesn't happen a half dozen times a year.

All the big box hardware stores are sold out of pipe insulation, hose spigot covers, everything you can think of. What do people do, throw this shit away every year thinking they'all never need it again?

Tonight someone asked me if the cold weather would affect how long she has to cook her turkey.... ok 1) it's in a oven inside so shut the fuck up; 2) turkey sucks anyway; 3) just shut the fuck up

I just want thanksgiving to be over so we can get into the Christmas food. Tamales over turkey all day long.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I've always wondered about that too.

Especially when a hurricane is hitting Florida.

News: "Long lines to buy plywood as tempers flare"

What the fuck did you do with the plywood you bought for last year's hurricane? Burn it because the chances of another hurricane coming are roughly 100% and you like waiting in line and fist fighting for wood?

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

My parents live in Florida, near Tampa. They always say something about the geography in that area keeps "the bad" storms away. Guess their memory is getting shitty in their age. Yeah Mom, nature decides just to give y'all the good storms. You know, the ones that fuck shit up for everyone but you and crap rainbows and pots of gold.

Their house has windows everywhere. When I visit I have to wear a mask over my eyes because as soon as the sun rises the inside of the house lights up like a fucking Xmas tree.

Anyone ever heard of storm shutters? It's like they forget those are a thing.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Speaking from a lazy person's point of view, after removing the no doubt cheap-ass 4-ply they boarded up the windows with, they probably shoved the wood between the shed and fence where it spends the year warping, splitting and getting eaten by insects so when the time comes to use it again you might as well go buy some more because you the old shit can't land a nail.

I collect so much free wood that would otherwise cost a fortune simply because of careless waste. Wood is precious and people waste a sickening amount of it.

I built this Lemonade stand this summer for my daughter mostly out of old wood pallet planks out of the scrap pile at my work. The inside framing and sign planks were new hardwood, so the thing weighed a damn tonne before I put casters under it.

image.png

She's the midget. She uses my Sangria dispenser and raked in a small fortune with it.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

That reminds me of something insanely cool about old southern architecture. A single hung window is one where you have two panels and when you open the window, the lower one raises up.

Like so:

single-vs-double-hung-windows-2.png

When I stayed down at the Myrtles Plantation, I was enthralled with 1790's air conditioning technology. Huge fucking single hung windows that were basically doors:

PC220157.JPG

The whole house was surrounded with these things.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Every window in our house is single hung. Saltillo tile, rock walls that go inside around the fire places, sidewalk is made up of what looks like just random rocks from around the area with a bunch of crude masonry material holding it together. Don't know what it's made of, but pretty sure you could land a small plane on it. Then we have our massive single hung windows.

The smaller ones are like 18 inches wide, but the larger ones in my office are 3-4 feet wide and weigh a fucking ton to lift. The mechanism that holds them up broke probably before I was born, so I keep a bunch of 2x4s cut to different lengths on the windowsills to prop them up with that.

One time I was working in my home office with the windows up because it was a nice day. Damn robin flew in one side and out the other. It's kinda hard to get focused back on work after you see something like that. Beautiful though. Nature is awesome.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

The newer ones are kept open with springs, the old wooden ones were kept open with huge counter weights. It was always fun when replacing those old single hungs clipping the cord and listening to the weight go thud somewhere in the wall. Then you attacked the wall with your Skil saw and threw asbestos all over your face. Good times.

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep....

upload_2016-11-18_23-35-51.png

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'd single hang her

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What if I were to tell you she is a her?

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

And he is a him?

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And genderfluid is Wrongskin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.