Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2016 (fake) Thanksgiving WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If you think it's just a matter of "concrete arch building" then you're missing a lot of the engineering that went into it.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know I am, thats why I edited my post, I was going to make a more snarky comment. Of course I don't understand all that went into it, but I'm still not awed by it. Maybe if I knew more I would be.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Doing a remote build due to the radiation levels, the construction that went into it to withstand those radiation levels over time, etc, are pretty impressive.

4. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not that bad if it's done in pieces. Most nuclear power plants have concrete walls in a dome formation about 12 feet thick and reinforced with steel. The ones that I go see are able to withstand the impact of a loaded 767.

What this whole thing shows me is what it takes to make things relatively safe if shit goes bad at a nuclear power plant. Granted, what happened at Chernobyl was mostly due to poor construction and extreme negligence.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Sneaky Billy Martin flipping off the youth of America on a baseball card. Right in character.

bm.PNG

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

upload_2016-11-30_20-56-8.png
    Tis the season to be Jolly, and to buy a brown bag.

And for our Jewish friends

[​IMG]

#406 toddamus, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  7. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Reminds me of this holiday classic

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Plus that thing is the superstructure- de-la-superstructure. The size of alone is just plain fucking insane.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Dolly Parton is donating a 1,000 for 6 months until victims of the fire get back on their feet. Is that 1k per person per month ? Or 6k over all for everyone? Sounds insanely cheap if it's the latter given how much she must be worth. I had to give it to bill maher for donating 1 million for Obama. That is a decent chunk of change for what he's probably worth and earns. I guess you don't stay rich by giving it away so flippantly.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    "She’s created a fund through her Dollywood Companies and hopes to give each family affected by the wildfires $1,000 a month for six months to help them get “back on their feet.”

http://fox2now.com/2016/12/01/dolly-parton-starts-fund-for-families-affected-by-tennessee-fires/

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thats a nice legal word, hopes, no commitment but full of good will in the media.

Anyone else pass through Pigeon Forge? I did once on the way to go mountain biking in North Carolina. Absolute tourist trap shit hole.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope. Dolly is very genuine (well, except her boobs are fake). She's not looking for just goodwill in the media.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably true. Im still in a shitty mood due to personal bullshit.

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I love Dolly Parton! She's a legit songwriter, older than dirt and still kicking ass.

Ok, y'all....a house came on the market that's pretty close to perfect. The downside is that it's my former boss/friend's house. I used to work for this lady and she became kind of a mentor. I haven't talked to her in a while so I had no idea she was moving...until I recognized her house. I've been there a dozen times....house sat for her....used to have a key to her studio before she sold it. Drove her to the airport type friends. We just got busy with life stuff and kinda fell out of touch.

Our realtor sent us the link and I automatically knew the house. Is that weird if we look at it? If we bought it? I feel weird buying a house from someone I know. Seems like things could get bad quickly.

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's Myrtle Beach in the mountains.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That was my first thought too.

I mean I get it that she wants to hedge her bets in the event there were a lot more victims than expected and/or people come out of the woodwork trying to claim the $1k even though they haven't tangibly affected by the fires.

That being said, choose a better way to word it. Perhaps just say you're setting up a fund for the victims of the fire in order to ensure the most equitable distribution of your donations.

17. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

During tourist season it is absolutely. In the fall and winter you can rent a massive house for next to nothing and have good time.

Summertime though can suck a bag of dicks.

18. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well atleast you probably know if there are any problems with the house better then an unknown house.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Or she would be insanely happy to know the house will be in good hands because she knows the buyer. Maybe? I don't think it's weird at all.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No and no. What's your hesitation, or what do you think would be weird? If it passes inspection, you're fine. If you find a quirk later (where does this little door under the stairs go?!), you'll be able to ask someone you know. Unless, you were planning to lowball, and you don't want her to think badly of you, I would forge ahead. And, for the record, I have bought a house from someone I knew, and sold it to someone I knew. And, my parents sold their house to some of their best friends, and they are still friends some 40 years later. Ymmv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.