Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2016 (fake) Thanksgiving WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is no reason to be responsible the day before Thanksgiving. This is the time to polish off a bottle of wine, post to the WDT and maybe, just maybe get looped enough to be persuaded to finally give the Boobie or Bikini thread a much needed update. That is what pre-holiday days are for.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard the single biggest drinking day of the year isn't new years eve, its today. After seeing how Bevmo is I don't doubt that.

3. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Don't worry, the giant bottle of wine I picked up earlier has been opened. I also got a bottle of champagne for mimosas in the morning. I should have grabbed something to spike my coffee with though. Family dinners during an election year are fucking brutal.

The chocolate pie is setting up in the fridge. I used a store bought graham cracker crust for that one because I'm not a purist when it comes to graham cracker crust. I haven't decided yet if I'm making my own crust for the pumpkin pie though. Cooking with a 5 year old is difficult enough sometimes, but I just sat down for a break and if I'm going to make the crust I need to get on it so it has enough time to chill.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

This has always been one of my favorite drinking nights. Usually have nowhere to be the next day...everyone's in the holiday spirit....awesome hangover food. If I didn't have to be at work tomorrow I'd be working my way through a bottle right now.

This is kinda gross, but my grandma always gave me the leftover pie dough. I loved it at the time. Now, looking back, it kinda makes me feel queasy. There was enough Crisco in that to make Paula Deen blush. Yikes.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I was setting up interviews today and applicants were wanting to do them on Friday. Uhhm.... yeah, we're closed. I'm definitely gonna be in a food coma then. Reasonable guess most of our staff will be very hungover and/or still drunk Friday.

Is being open the day after Thanksgiving really a thing? I mean I get it for like gas stations, paramedics, police, the essentials, but other places? Really?

6. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Okay, my crust is in the fridge chilling. I'll probably be baking the pie at midnight but whatever.

I think I need to watch another Tarantino movie tonight. I'm leaning towards Death Proof.

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I have to work Friday, but I get holiday pay plus double time so I'm not really complaining.

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The federal government doesn't get the day off. But they get Columbus Day. So that's cool.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Working for the state of Texas, I get an absurd amount of holidays off. I had today off as well as the day after Thanksgiving. I get LBJ's birthday off. I get Juneteenth(June 19th). Cesar Chavez's birthday. San Jacinto day. Texas Independence Day. All the other national holidays. The day after New Year's Day, if applicable.

It's pretty sweet.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Battle of Flowers, Fiesta (week), anytime the Spurs, Rockets, Mavs, Texans or Cowboys play. Whole thing is a damn joke.

Though I heard the NFL is gonna start a developmental league with the Texans added to the Big 10.

11. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I got two days notice that I was in charge of cooking for Thanksgiving. Not cool family, not cool. Anyone else want to go on strike with me, and get drunk instead?!

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think he did a great job with what he was trying to do in that movie, and Zoe Bell's no-wires hood stunt scared the fuck out of me but I still count that film as his weakest. Another thing I love about Tarantino-- he ONLY uses practical effects and hates CGI. He uses every movie orifice imaginable except the "cheats".

My favourite of all things is Kill Bill vol. 2. Watching that movie is like channel-surfing through an ocean of film pop culture.

13. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I freaking love Death Proof. I know it's awful but I think that was the idea with the whole Grindhouse double feature.

I also love the Kill Bill movies, except when they're on cable and they butcher the "my name is Buck and I'm here to [party]" line.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Get protest drunk. That's what I used to do if someone gave me a responsibility I didn't ask for or want. I'd just get hammered to the point I clearly complete the task, then make it clear to them what state I was in and it was their problem.

Usually this revolved around me cooking. If I don't want to be around you anyway, I'm sure as fuck not gonna cook for you.

15. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The scenes and legend surrounding master Pai Mei are perfect. So self aware of the stereotypes and so awesome at the same time. Nobody pays a homage to the cult classics that inspired him like Tarantino does.

16. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I used to get drunk fast and first so I didn't have to DD. Maybe I was a jerk, maybe I was smart. I'm thinking it was a combination of the two.

In other news, my five year old found some vampire teeth from Halloween, put them in and scared the three year old. The three year old then smacked her in the face because she scared him and now she's crying to me that her brother hit her because she scared him. This parenting thing, you guys, it's annoying and hilarious.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    You want to know what the best thing about your whole close family being dead is?

The holidays.

Tomorrow I'll be drinking beer and watching football without anyone bitching at me, or having to pretend to like family members I want to light on fire, or listening to them complaining about whatever the fuck their latest problem is.

Bliss.

18. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

But you don't get to eat all the mashed potatoes your heart desires. Mashed potatoes that are prepared by somebody else. And also turkey and rolls and deviled eggs and, damn it, now I'm hungry.

Family sucks but Thanksgiving is worth tuning out your cousin's idiot wife so you can enjoy some fucking mashed potatoes and gravy.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Making mashed potatoes isn't hard. And if I want them in peace, I can make them myself without some asshole telling me I absolutely have to have gravy on them and then proceeding to dump gravy on my mashed potatoes.

I'm Irish. I love mashed potatoes. Gravy? Not so much. I like mine with a shitload of butter and I'm good.

Same with deviled eggs. Yes, they're labor intensive, but simple enough to do. Some of the heathens in my family put pickles in them. Yuck.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

(Free) boat trailer hunting blind coming along nicely. Since it's not going off the ranch, the goal is to make it as cheaply as possible but still super functional. Thus just using scrap wood and old pallets, welding on whatever I find. Got the framing for the floor on today. It'll end up being about 10 ft long, 5 ft wide, and I'll be able to pull it behind my JD Gator.
    . IMG_5416.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.