Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Heart Day WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The game is you and your opponent press forearms together and someone drops a lit cigarette in the crack of both arms. First one who moves loses.

Don't play this game. It's too Irish.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    We used to do this when I was younger.

Yes, I am Irish.

3. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Well, my daughter wants to watch Trolls for the 347th time. You win.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Made the mistake of making plans to get together with friends tonight. And then I realized what day it is. Hopefully it won't be a shitshow of couples and gal pals slutting it up.

Does anyone actually go out for Valentines Day? We're going out this weekend for Nashville hot chicken, but it's kind of a coincidence that it's close to this "holiday".

5. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My GF and I don't really make the day itself a thing. We just try to plan fun activities around that day.

Last year we went to an audience participation event of The Princess Bride at a nearby movie theater and visited the Field Museum (her gift to me) the next day.

This year, we are going to see a Bob's Burgers themed musical and just getting dinner beforehand. Nothing mushy or overly romantic. Just fun, goofy things we like to indulge in.

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Ok, that actually sounds fun.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The stupid shit that male youth do.

Our game was playing lawn darts while standing INSIDE the hoops. You were allowed to move one leg at a time to dodge the deadly metal projectile hurled at you by your close friend.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friend who got me into the UFC hates McGregor. I'm not sure I can blame him. Let me see if I have this straight.

- He wins featherweight belt.
    - Before defending his belt once he wants to go for another belt. Guy he is supposed to fight is injured so does he defend his belt now? No, he goes up another division for a show match. He loses.
    - Does he defend his belt now? Nope, his next fight is against the same guy for a rematch. He wins.
    - Still hasn't defended his title. Now he gets a shot at the lightweight belt again. He wins.
    - He decides to take ten months off because his wife is pregnant and he wants to be a family man, and she gets nervous when he fights and blah blah blah. Ok, whatever. Fine.
    - Now, after all this time off he's pumping up some show match so when he finally does take another fight, might not be to defend the title.

Meanwhile Nurmagomedov, who stuck to the same division, didn't get the title shot, although he's undefeated in the UFC and 24-0 in MMA fights overall. Now, he'll go for an interim title, and possibly get a shot at McGregor and the undisputed title, which will be approximately whenever the fuck McGregor feels like it. He's won belts. He's really good, but he took his first one in 2015 and it looks like it'll be 2018 before he actually defends one.

The guy seems like an unreal talent and a KO machine, but the UFC is going pretty far in letting him do whatever the hell he wants. At least they stripped him of the featherweight title, which I'm not sure if he ever had any intention of defending.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Is bewildered moonlighting now?

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Can't blame Conor for that... that's on the UFC. He's quite clear that he's out for a payday, and doesn't give a fuck about belts or defending them. Of course, those non-belt paydays are just as lucrative for the UFC so they let them happen, and promote the hell out of them.

Nurmagomedov is a no-name who wouldn't sell PPV's anywhere near to what Conor has done.

As to the Conor / Diaz fight, I'm glad it happened, because Nick got a hell of a payday out of it, and he deserved it.

11. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget to mention that Khabib was out with multiple injuries for almost 2 years. Can't really blame the UFC for not shoving him right into a title fight when he's stepped out of three planned fights with injuries. I love Khabib, but it's not like he's been fighting constantly and keeps getting pushed aside.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

This. McGregor is quite clear about his intentions. I don't buy the whole "I'm just fighting for the love of the sport" crap. No one likes getting the crap beat out of them. Dude is treating himself like a business, and he's a very successful CEO. His fighting style is exciting, and he's a hell of a promoter. He's also a pretty damn good athlete. That's a hell of a combination.

My wife has really gotten into UFC since I got her watching McGregor fights, like to the point where she actually understands what's going on and some basic strategy and the weight classes and stuff. Didn't have to explain any of it to her, just an interest in McGregor and it took off. This is the same woman who only loosely understands the 4-down system in football. I think that says a lot about what he's doing for the sport.

On an unrelated note, my wife is happy but also really pissed at me that I got her the Instant Pot. Apparently that's what she was going to get me for Father's Day so now she has to think of something else.... yeah not my problem.

13. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

We should play a drinking game.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Guess what color my kid's shit is. Losers take a shot of gin.

15. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am not playing that.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is an excellent idea.

That is a terrible idea.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IKR?! Oh, that would be the worst! And, they'd be all, "ha, TX. you're pregnant and we're all not. Look how slutty we are!" Ugh, please.

But, you know, uh, post the pictures here so we get the full effect.

18. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

There is something about Neil Diamond songs that make my soul happy.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I hope that doesn't include "I Am, I Said".

Chairs don't fucking listen to you, Neil. Stop making my mom bring you up in every conversation.

"Cherry Cherry" is my favourite ND tune. Irresistible.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that something is the wine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.