Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Heart Day WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hold up...people say "waiting on line?" That doesn't make any fucking sense.

Please tell me which geographic areas to avoid so I won't have a stroke when I hear that bullshit.

2. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I thought it was mostly New York but after a quick Google it turns out it's only in New York, the one place that's correct about so many things.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Never go to China, in china people don't got anything at all, and they don't wait in lines, or on. They don't adhere to any sort of queue system. It really just utter madness.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm with Gravy. I've always thought that sounded dumb. One of my college roommates is from Pennsylvania, and he says that.

Just print out this handy map and keep it with you as you travel!
    upload_2017-2-15_8-59-54.png
    http://www4.uwm.edu/FLL/linguistics/dialect/staticmaps/q_93.html

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

NFL is bulletproof, or so they think. Cause no matter how much dumb shit they do, people still watch. Its a Sunday American institution. Celebrations offend the delicate sensibilities of the cranky old rich white owners and the stuffed shirts in the NFL front office who thinks it takes attention away from the league and the "product". Who cares that the fans love it, they will tell you what to like and idiots will lap it up, cause thats whats always happened.

NBA is doing great. They throw all their highlights online, they are Twitter friendly, my favorite overall product delivery of the big 4 sports.

The fuck is that map? It shows "on line" as clustered around Chicago, and then "in line" as completely blanketing Chicago. Ive also never heard ANYONE in my 30+ years in the Midwest saying waiting "on line"

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh, it was a Harvard dialect survey from 2003. Maybe they only surveyed stupid people. I remember when the newspaper (look it up, kids) version of USA Today was first out. In the bottom right hand corner they used to have the "poll of the day," or something like that. You had to call in to a phone number and respond. It was usually a "yes" or "no" or other two choice poll. The percentages would be listed, and it would be 65% yes, 31% no, and 4% "I don't know." So, people would see a printed question, pick up the phone to call and respond, and then answer "I don't know." If you didn't know, wtf did you call in?

7. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I'm so glad that some little kid at my daughter's school gave her a fucking whistle for Valentine's Day. So glad.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only appropriate response is for her to give them something, too. Like, a drum set. Or a Bop-It. Or a kitten.

9. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

It was the perfect crime, she dumped everything in a pile on the table and I don't know who gave it to her.

10. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Then get them all drum sets....

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

obvs

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bop-It. Yes, somebody gave my daughter one. After a lovely 100 mile drive home from a Blue Jays game with her and that thing (she wouldn't shut up so I introduced her to the Far Beyond Driven album to show her what noise was) she left it in the car so I accidentally swatted it under the car seat.

She's never asked about it since, so there it stays until she does. Doesn't make me a bad parent, it just makes me a decent human being. Have you been in a confined space with those things? It makes "Bye Bye Bye" sound like the heavenly strum from a golden lute.

The only reason to purchase a Bop-It is if you hate the kid who's having the birthday party. Because at least one of their parents will eventually murder them.

Now Simon....Simon was the tits.

13. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Once a friend gave one of my kids this godforsaken toy:
    [​IMG]
    So for their kid's next birthday I gave them this:
    [​IMG]

I don't fuck around.

14. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

You guys...I tried Bulletproof coffee for the first time today, and HOLY FUCKING SHIT it is insane. It's basically cocaine-light. I think if I gave it to someone who only drank decaf it would kill them.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You didn't waste your money on the mycotoxin free branded coffee did you? You ask owner and he'd say I've not actually tried it since I haven't used his brand. A double whopper since I didn't use grass fed butter. I drink a lot of coffee and I didn't notice and of the supposed benefits over regular coffee (longer more even energy without the crash etc). I switched to coconut oil since mct oil was messing my stomach up, and it's much cheaper. I ultimately just switched back to heavy cream because it was too rich before working out.

16. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I don't know about "mycotoxin free"...I was at a new coffee shop that offered Bulletproof and they blended one up(apparently there's a lot of grass-fed butter in it). It wasn't that expensive($3) and for someone who drinks primarily black DD coffee it was an unexpected treat.

17. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I thought Bop-It was something completely different. My bad.

18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a bunch of bullshit. They're telling you that the coffee doesn't have fungus, like the ergot on wheat. Your coffee shouldn't have fungus anyhow. Do they also advertise it as lead free and nitroglycerin free?

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah Dave Asprey was called on that shit since the coffee production process solved the issue decades ago and his supposed process didn't do anything more than what's already being done. Just huckster style marketing.

Don't get me wrong, the butter centric recipe is tasty. Just a tad rich for my taste and consumption before working out. I also added Splenda to it so I was negating and benefits altogether amiright?

20. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So, my three year old niece is here. Every single time she asks "but why?! ", I am going to drink. This should be a short lived drinking game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.