Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Heart Day WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A phone call is synchronous. A text is asynchronous. I text when I want to use an asynchronous method of communication, which is most of the time.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some douchebag pulled the fire alarm at 230, jokes on them I was awake already to catch a 330 shuttle

I'm going to use my moms death as inspiration to clean up and work on living a more calm, collected life. I'm going to make healthier choices knowing they may be difficult at first but I must believe that they will help me eventually.

If there was an event I needed to shake my cage and show me the dangers of my behaviors, that was it.

I loved my mom and she's inspiring me now.

#162 toddamus, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This.

Also, it takes 2 fucking seconds to send a text that says, "leaving now, see you there in 10 minutes" or something. Instead of, dial, ring ring, connect, hello, hey, etc" for a call that does what the 2 second text did.

That said, if I'm texting with someone, and it starts to go more than two exchanges to explain something, I'll dial right away. As Aetius said, once I need to talk real time to avoid frustration, I stop texting.

4. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I hate talking on the phone. Hate it. Unless it's my best friend, my husband, or an old friend I haven't talked to in a while I'd always rather text.

Oh, and my grandma because she doesn't know how to text.

5. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I hate talking on the phone. Haaaaate. Unless it's my best friend. Anyone else I kinda tune out.

My cousin rescued a kitten she found dodging traffic in a busy intersection. I want to adopt him so bad, but I think my cat would kill him. Or at least maul him.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I'm not a big phone talker and when it's an important call I'm Larry David esque in my need to be alone while taking it.

In my quest to catch up on big movies I've missed I watched Gangs of New York the other night. Honestly? Not Scorseses best effort. I think I just don't prefer his hyper stylized direction in a period drama like this, it always sees way out of place to me. Great characters and insanely interesting story just not as endlessly rewatchable like his other movies.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It's 45 minutes too long and it feels like Daniel Day Lewis is phoning it in. Which is still a decent performance by his standards, but it's just not a great movie. Plus the Union Navy never actually fired on New York City to quell the Draft Riots. IIRC, ships were deployed, but there wasn't indescriminant shelling of lower Manhattan.

8. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I came upstairs to do laundry, but I can't decide what to watch while I fold clothes. Apparently I am paralyzed by indecision and I can't manage to get to work until there's some background noise.

Someone tell me what to watch, I have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, HBO, and Showtime.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If you just want background viewing, Always Sunny and Arrested Development are good bets.

If you want something to pay attention to, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, True Detective, or Young Pope.

Skip The Wire, that show sucks.

10. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

In the case of laundry it has to be something I have to pay attention to or I'll end up getting bored and picking up my phone.

Out of your list the only show I haven't seen is The Sopranos. I ended up flipping on Midnight Special. If, god forbid, I'm not done folding laundry by the time it's over then it might be about time to finally break down and watch The Sopranos.

Regarding The Wire, my husband and I watched it last year but I lost interest in it. I need to try to actually pay attention and see whether I like it or not. I was the annoying girl asking "what's happening now?" constantly so I just stopped watching it with him.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah the fact that it was tied to the draft riots felt uneven to me. The whole movie leads up to the gang battle at the end which is all broken up by the random shelling at the climax of the scene. I didn't think the whole draft 'C' storyline added much to the main storyline to begin with. One place where a more traditional execution of the story would have been better.

Count me as one who hasn't seen the wire. I get the "dude you haven't seen that!?!? I thought you were into HBO, it's the best series ever!!!" I got the same when people heard I never saw gangs of New York. I have been trying to catch up on stuff but taking on a whole series can be daunting. I also want to binge X Files first but haven't started. I'm also in a weird place where I want to try focusing on things that enrich or progress my life more. Trying to focus on something besides tv and internet surfing is rough.

#171 Kubla Kahn, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Speaking of cats, I have found my spirit animal.

IMG_4156.JPG IMG_4114.JPG

They sleep. A lot.

Sitting in the lounge at Nairobi Airport starting the 24 hour trip home. Hard to believe the trip is already done.

13. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

To demonstrate my lack of focus, I stopped folding laundry to take a shower. I always listen to my old iPod Classic that hasn't been updated for at least five years while I shower and I always get at least one song that I have no idea why it's on there.

Today it was Heaven by Bryan Adams. Hell yes I belted that shit out in the shower.

14. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad. "Not your cup of tea"? Sure. "Depressing as hell for long stretchs?" More than fair. Sucks? For fucks sake.

OMAR COMIN

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Also everyone should see John Wick: Chapter 2. It's on par with Mad Max: Fury Road as far as balls-out violence and action and I liked it better than the first movie. Good to see Lawrence Fishburne back with Keanu Reeves. I swear if the third movie ends up revealing that this was another version of the Matrix or something, minds will melt.

And if you needed any other convincing, it stands at 91% on RT. It got 1 negative review because this social justice warrior has an issue with gun violence. In R-rated action movies.

9/10

16. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I tried to like Mad Max: Fury Road, I just couldn't do it.

Things I have done instead of laundry: showered, cut up potatoes and put a roast in the crockpot, played on my phone, mixed up a mimosa (spilling sparkling wine on the floor in the process), and cleaning up the mess I made making the mimosa. My kids will be home from church soon (their grandparents take them) and I barely got anything done. I didn't pick up my knitting or my book though so I'll call it a win.

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, I loathe this time of year. It's too cold and shitty (12 hours of freezing rain today) to do much outside, there's no football or baseball on, we are between major holidays ( Valentine's Day is a bore, at St. Patrick's day revolves around getting shitfaced), and after three months of winter I'm sick of watching TV. Even reading is getting old, which for me is saying a lot.

18. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I'm so tired all the time that I don't want to do anything. I got 8 solid hours of sleep last night, and I'm seriously considering a nap. Lame. March Madness needs to get here.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Somehow I find myself talking about piercings with my daughter's dance teacher on messenger.

I'm never going to get this laundry done.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One, pics or it didn't happen. Two, I still don't get folding and organizing laundry beyond my dress clothes. I just dump everything from the dryer into a basket and hang up my button ups and work slacks, done. I will take a shower and just walk to the basket and find what I need. Sometimes I'll refluff items in the dryer. Taking everything to another part of the house and placing them in drawers is just extra steps I don't need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.