Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Holiday WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    It happens every 12 hours in Chicago, except for going vertical the bullet is going horizontal.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

"The World's End" is the perfect movie to watch on New Years Eve. Besides being awesome, it's a great themed combo of drinking and apocalypse.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welp Ronda Rousey's MMA career is over. Good riddance. She was always just a marketing machine, one trick pony who overwhelmed less athletic fighters. And watching tonight, she learned NOTHING from her previous defeat. She walked right into punch and had as much head movement as a totem pole. And honestly, I'm pleased. She was a horribly poor sport and the opposite of a gracious winner throughout her come up. Even tonight she refused to touch gloves before getting hammered.

Now she was alleged severely depressed after the last fight, and there is concern for her mental well being after this. If so, that is very sad. But from an athlete and persona perspective, I was very much entertained.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It was humiliating. What has she been doing for the past year? Just pad work and zero sparring? It was like watching someone who never fought before. If she was suicidal before she's gonna need a straight jacket now. I agree, she got what she deserved. She's a shitty striker and had a horrible coach she should have fired.

[​IMG]

#264 Juice, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  5. Malignity

Malignity
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've never liked her, ever. Between buying into her own hype and being utterly unlikeable.....fuck off. Mischa was always hotter than you anyway.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It just shows how much the skill level has increased in women's bantam weight since Rousey came on the scene. She started off like Tiger Woods when he first became big and then everyone else caught up. Ronda only has one skill and that is judo. Once they found a way to get around that, she looked foolish. A decent striker with discipline will beat her every time. Being a purely reactive fighter is a poor strategy against great boxers.

8. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was wrong, it wasn't July 4th the kid was killed, it was indeed NYE. I was just on facebook looking at "On this Day" posts of mine and in 2013 I shared an article reminding people not to fire their guns in the air because of what happened to the little boy the previous year.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ohio state game tonight and the Blue Jackets vs Wild. This is the first time two pro teams with more than a 7 game active win streak have faced off in any sport. It's been a while since I've had a reason to have two TVs in the living room.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She was on Joe Rogan's podcast she is one of those girls that will talk your ear off so much that you could put the phone down for half an hour and she'd never notice. I mean she probably did really well for a while money wise but I don't know how she parlays this into great success in film or tv. Her whole schtick was being the baddest MMA chick.

11. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    The trick is to aim your gun at closer to a 45% angle, so the bullet will come down farther away and lessen the chance of it hitting someone you know.

12. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only recently got into UFC. Why the fuck I hadn't been watching, I have no idea.

Most of the people I was with last night were huge Ronda Rousey fanboys. Since I'm still getting caught up in the sport, they kept filling me in on the history and telling me how awesome the main event was going to be with Rousey's return. "Oh man, wait until you watch Ronda Rousey fight. This is going to be an ass whooping."

Well, it was. That fight was like watching a game of street fighter where one player's controller doesn't work. I guess in her year off she didn't quite have that wear down the other fighter's fist with your face technique nailed down.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She's gonna try to become an actress, but I don't know how well that goes. She was pretty wooden and unremarkable in the Entourage movie. Gina Carano, who I would say is more attractive and has a more likeable personality, hasn't gone anywhere playing the same sort of role Ronda would slide into. And she only had one unsurprising loss and American Gladiators exposure before transitioning.

I was baffled by the amount of fanboys that came back out of the woodwork. I got it the first time around. But there was nothing to excite you this time around, including her acting like a spoiled child yet again at the weigh in. At least people on social media weren't dressing up like her this time around.

In terms of fight strategy, it looked like a combination of stubborn arrogance and piss poor coaching. I saw a comment today talking about how inflexible her coach is and what happened when he began coaching her BF Travis Browne as well.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to think that fight was mostly about cashing in for one more big payday. If she actually wanted to win, you would think she would have tried to learn how to box.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boxing/MMA is filled with people willing to take a beating to make a bit of cash. I think you're right, I think thats what happened.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I'm not sure whether this is awesome, cringe-worthy, or both.

But it is creative. And extremely redneck-y.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Which is why Holly Holm whooped her ass. She was a standing striker, and though she looked good that fight most would consider her not even that great of one. I watched a fight where she (Holm) lost and she looked terrible, like Foxy-Boxing-bad. She couldn't dodge telegraphed haymakers.

Rousey won pretty much every match with her armbar, yes? I think it was just her put-upon poor sportsmanship that rubbed me the wrong way. Remember what "sport" means and try shaking a fucking hand. You can still be a total badass and a good sport at the same time, ask Bas. That guy for me is the definition of "likeable MMA personality".

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

She stuck with her team even though just about everyone around said they knew fuck all about striking. Her shadowboxing promos are seriously hilarious due to the lack of form or skill.

She's a 1-trick pony... arm bar. She believed her own marketing and thought that arm bars somehow translate to goo striking, and she wanted to prove she could do something other than arm bars. She then stood toe to toe with two extremely good strikers and had her ass handed to her. She's got a ton of talent and potential, and I think she blew it because of her ego and lack of willingness to surround her with a real team that would properly train and coach her.

I've also heard that her movies have been put on hold because she really sucks as an actress.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My wife and daughter have been sick since Christmas Eve. I'm staying home home and drinking with you wild animals tonight.

Do you guys ALSO give less of a shit about New Years every year? Y2K was indeed my best New Years. That was strange. We were walking house-to-house downtown and everyone would let you in for a drink. I've never seen that behaviour, but it was such as insanely hyped moment for humanity I think a lot of people were just ecstatic with relief that SkyNet didn't kill us all. Fucking fools those people were.

Now drink.

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best of 2016: What was the best thing that happened in 2016 for you?

People love crapping on this year but it wasn't all bad. I ended up in Minni and there were some other good things too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.