Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Holiday WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh absolutely.
    It works for some people, and I'm always super glad for them. I'm one who can't do it that way. My own money is my independence. I don't plan on cutting to run, but if I need to I can.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My wife and I joined accounts they day we moved in together. Now we, personally, have always trusted each other. Plus she's a stockbroker so she does our budgeting and bills with her scary laser-focus, she's never missed a payment on anything, ever.

It seems that over the years a lot of couples I've known with serperate accounts who live together seem to fight about money, which I hate because there is NO subject that comes even close to making couples fight more than money. Now, thats my observation. There's plenty of logical reasons why couples have seperate accounts. I'm just glad I'm not a person who does.

As you said, to each their own.

#382 Crown Royal, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh. We have separate and a joint. All bills are paid from the joint and then we do whatever with the separate.

As long as bills are paid and it works for us...idgaf what anyone else does.

Now.
    If he didn't "allow" me to have my own account / money it would be very different.

4. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fun fact about Charles Manson: I used to be part of a message board that was a subset of a prank site. In fact, it was through that prank site that I found out about Tucker Max and ended up here, but I digress. One of the pranks that the site owner, John Hargrave, pulled was sending letters to famous people posing as a little girl dying of cancer and he wanted to see if they would send him something. Most of the replies were signed autographs or whatever, but one of the people was Charles Manson and he sent him three intricately carved boxes. John wrote a prank book and had a book signing that a bunch of us from the message board attended. He showed a handful of us the boxes. So I got to handle a box carved by Charles Manson.

5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

With regard to cheating - I think it's soooooo much more common than we're suggesting here.

As an example, my last job. White collar, office, long term employees all with post secondary education but very different backgrounds. Fourteen people in all. Out of that group:

1. Female, presently cheating on her common law husband with a history of cheating in every other relationship.
    2. Male, married 25 years and hated it immediately. Has always cheated or tried to. Appears as THE MOST archetypical family man ever and I, despite my radar and jadedness, was shocked when I found out.
    3. Male, common law for 15 years. I don't THINK he's cheating yet, but for the last three years the sexual tension has been so palpable with...
    4. Male, married at 20 to his high school sweetheart in a deeply religious family. No way should he be married, and at the very least he's bisexual. He and Male #3 have played grab ass so much the cynic in me says they must be fucking.
    5. Male, who admits aloud he and his wife are miserable, but they have a special needs son and cannot afford to separate.
    6. Ex employee. Male, Chilean, would bang anything that moved.

These are just the ones cheating or openly wishing to separate that I knew about. God knows what else goes on. I'm hard pressed to think of people I know wh haven't cheated on someone at some point. I think monogamy as we understand it is a myth.

6. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would never cheat on my wife, I can't imagine doing that to her. We're sort of disgustingly open and honest with each other so the idea of it is pretty unthinkable.

But, from everything I've seen and read, people clearly cheat on each other all the time. I've definitely seen it happen to tons of people and it's sad that so often some better communication and expectations might have avoided super hurt feelings, divorces, shattered kids, etc.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've cheated.
    I wouldn't now, because I did back then.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm ready for class to begin. I fly back next Thursday and all I'm doing is just sitting here watching tv. Yes some people will think that sounds great, but after doing this for a few weeks since break began, I'm ready to be productive again.

Believe it or not, I'd rather be in frigid Minnesota right now than San Diego

[​IMG]

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whats considered appropriately dress for visiting a state capital? I have an internship, and a class that'll require me to visit the state capital about once every two weeks. Will I need to wear a sport coat? I hate wearing those so if I don't have to that'll be a huge plus. Is a tie required?

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Duh.

[​IMG]

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ms. katokoch and I haven't made plans to join any accounts. So far we split the bills and leave it at that. She can buy all the clothes and shoes she wants and doesn't bother me over tools and ammo, it's all good.

Currently the air temp here is -2F with a windchill of -23, are you sure about that?

Remember this is Minnesota, embrace it.

[​IMG]

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will be freezing my ass off when I get back next week. This morning felt cold and it was 45

13. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

According to the bros I've observed in New York, DC, Boston, and Philly you're supposed to wear a sports coat, pastels, and boat shoes like you're perpetually on a cruise for closeted Conservatives.

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So... go WASP or go home?

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Get yourself a mizzen and main spinnaker button up shirt. So comfortable you wouldn't notice a sports coat over it. Tad pricey but I've gotten a handful off eBay by being patient. All the other "advanced fiber" dress shirts are made out of too much polyester for me to be comfortable in. That stiff starched feeling makes me sweat something horrible.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd wear a coat and tie, if I were you. Or a sweater and tie.

I hate layers. I love winter but I hate the layers that go with it. I feel all constricted.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Pastels are for fags that don't know how to properly color coordinate (paradoxical, I know). Just wear a decent fitting suit and shirt without a tie. The only guys that wear pastels are ones that just started dressing up or only dress up when they go to court. It's the same group that think cuff links are in any way acceptable.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BRAH!
    [​IMG]

19. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Mrsanthropic and I have a joint account, and she also has a separate account. All of my paycheck and about 50% of hrs go into our joint account. I don't have any issues with this. She handles the money and when we got together I was recovering from poorly managing my finances. Our joint account is for bills and spending, necessitating a joint account, while her solo account is part of our retirement savings.

These days I'm not a big spender, and certainly don't go to her for any kind of permission for what I do spend. If I buy anything over a few hundred dollars I tell her so that she can ensure there are enough funds to transfer into checking, and to be considerate.

She on the other hand is downright stingy, and if she spends more than $20 out of our account tells me.

To echo others, it's not for everyone but has worked for us for 20 years.

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you're saying thats an old gay man?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.