Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Thanksgiving WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    If there's ever a show called "Everyone Hates Me and I Don't Know Why" he'd be a shoo in. I honestly think he's clueless.

The best insight into his personality (Besides spying on/fighting with ALL the neighbors) is the Christmas night he knocked on my door to bitch at me about how awful my Christmas gift to him was. He's into decorating and shit. I work at a place where sometimes I get incredible deals on shit like that. I picked up some expensive crap at a great price and gave it to him for Christmas.

He knocked on my door and went on for about 10 minutes about how much he hated his present, how he knew I got it from work, and how he was raised better then that.

My first thought was "So you were raised to bitch at people who give you a gift because you didn't like it?" Nice. My second thought was it was like dealing with my ex who bitched at me for getting her a coffee pot for her birthday and completely ignoring the fact that I'd written and recorded her a song. When I brought that fact up to her she accused me of already having the song in my head before I spent 30 or so hours recording and mixing it. Uh. Okay then.

It's like I have a magnet for insane people or something.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There are better things in life than cheap rent. You’re surrounded by desert, just bury him out there at night like Pesci.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Then I'd have to move. I fail to see how this benefits me.

4. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    It may be Thanksgiving in the U.S. but it's the North London Derby too (round ball football, not oval ball). Arsenal will get fucked over by Wenger, the ref and Spurs (not San Antonio). Spurs will cheat their way to a win as the ref is extremely favourable to them and Wenger will fuck up team selection again. Fucksakes. There really isn't enough booze.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Him not existing is the benefit. You stopped a future serial killer in advance.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plus WE would benefit. There have been some epic Thanksgiving WDTs. A murder-bury-in-the-desert story would definitely move this one near the top.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It’s Nevada. I bet the dude could just mummify in his bedroom without any spoilage or smell.

Just sayin.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, on my course they warned us, drink lots of water. Your sweat will evaporate and not make you feel wet, but you are losing lots of water. Oh did we say, drink lots of water?

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s why all people in Nevada are born with humps, which they hide using the magic of glitter and obesity.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Quick plug: Y'all have probably seen the commercials for dollarshaveclub.com. I decided to try it. It's only $5 and I'd pay $5 to watch a monkey fuck a football, so what's to lose?

I got the razors a few days ago. I have a tough beard, ruin 2 blades per shave rough. I just used the razor with a 4 day growth and it was awesome. As a bonus for $9 a month you get 4 blades delivered to your house every month. It beats going to the store and chasing down someone to unlock the razor blades every few weeks for the same price.

In other news, I ate the bullet...

I have 75% of the 1957 Topps baseball set, all PSA graded, and all are at least PSA 6. A PSA 6 1957 Mantle runs around $600. I'm not quite insane enough to pay $600 for a baseball card.

So I picked this up. I'm pretty sure it's a PSA 6 condition wise and the centering knocked it down to PSA 4 and the price was right at $228. Thankfully, my collection of 57's is high enough grade that dropping a key card in PSA 4 in it didn't knock me down to much. I still have a PSA 6.4 GPA for the set.

It's always been one of my favorite cards:

mm7.jpg [/SPOILER

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Spent the day slicing up all the square tubing (thick-walled 2" stuff) for my desk frame. Between the cutting, the grinding, and the cleaning... shit got pretty dirty.

And then I dug out and dusted off my ancient, piece-of-shit welder, and ran a couple of test beads. Yep, welding is just like riding a bike... you never forget how to fall off.

Ended up spending an hour or so running beads to get the hang of it back, and to dial in the welder for the job. The welding was solidly mediocre, but the shop was definitely underventilated. As a result I'll be setting up a pop-up in the back yard, under the rain and snow, and doing the welding out there in the daylight.

Until then, time for some drinks, and digging through some old AC/DC in tribute to Malcom's passing... one of the best guitar players ever. (You gotta love people who think that "rhythm guitar" is somehow second rate to lead guitar... AC/DC wouldn't exist without their killer rhythm guitar).

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Malcolm was the best. Lead players get the glory, rhythm players hold the song together and no one did that better then Malcolm. He was what I aspired to be, I never gave a damn about playing lead, I was a rhythm guitarist and proud of it.

No one did it better then Malcolm. On an old Gretsch.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I like to think that somewhere Randy Rhoads and Malcom are jamming away to a packed house.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

As appealing as that is....imagine SRV and Malcom together. With Bon Scott singing. Bon wasn't a great singer, he just had something special.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep.

On that note, I'm totally rediscovering just how fucking awsome Back in Black is.... it's been years since I've listened to it...

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just imagine... Tommy Shannon is 71.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

AC/DC was a huge influence on me. I kind of moved on from them
    I remember buying that album in 1980. I was already an AC/DC fan, but I was absolutely blown away on the first playing when the opening riff from Hells Bells started up as soon as I put it on the turntable. It sent chills up my spine.

Damn it, now I'm pricing a SG...I'd price an old Gretsch like Malcolms but that thing was highly modified and 50's Gretschs are way out of my pay grade.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The very first guitar I bought was an SG, because of that album... but stupid high-school me got bored of it after a few months, and then traded it in on an old Charvel 5 and a ART effects rack. While I still have that Charvel, I really miss that SG.

Remember the days when you sucked and dreaded a killer clean sound? Funny how shit changes...

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

About 4 years ago I was moving and opened up that case for the Charvel for the first time in years... never really played it, but never wanted to get rid of it.

What I saw made me sad... totally neglected, and lots of rust everywhere.

I ended up taking it in to a guitar tech shop (killer specialty shop in Vancouver), and said, "restore it... make it mint". The guy at the counter popped it open, and then turned to the computer and started searching in his catalogues. He didn't seem too impressed, so went back and grabbed an old balding grey-beard who came out to take a look. The new guy's eyes lit up, he laughed, and said, "oh, you won't find this in any records we have... this is OLD SCHOOL whammy bar parachute pants 80's dive-bomb rock royalty right here."

He then proceeded to take on the project himself, and I dumped probably more than I originally paid for it into the restoration... but other than some upgraded active pickups, it's mint, and I play it quite regularly. It's a bitch to keep the floyd rose in tune, so I just spring the shit out of it and use 12's. It'll break your finger before it'll break a string, but it snaps back into tune after some killer dives... full on Surfing With The Alien mode.

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I've never had an SG. My first Gibson was a KZII, a long forgotten model which was basically a solid mahogany Melody Maker with dual humbuckers. I'd love to get my hands on another one. It weighed diddly squat and played great. I did have to use a compressor with it to make up for it's lack of bulk, which is why I switched to using Les Pauls.

I kind of dread a clean sound now. I'm so out of practice and fuzz covers up a myriad of mistakes. Then again, I suck now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.