Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Thanksgiving WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I can’t argue there. The use of Asians is definetly a step towards intellectualism. But how do they know these are the math-knowing Asians and not the karate-men?

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That’s their fucking argument, though! “Planes never fly over Anarctica....proof it’s never been passed.”

Even funnier: Many of these people also believe the moon is some sort of magical night light provided to us. Umm, the moon is still there in the day. You can probably walk outside right now and see it.

Fuck Thomas Dolby.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a bizarre position to take. I don't understand why they think NASA et al would fake everything. Sure, there's an argument for political gain from various US groups by claiming Lee Harvey Oswald didn't act alone, or second shooter or whatever. But, it's not like the United States scientists are the only ones who understand the Earth is round. So, their argument is that every government on the planet is colluding to make the people believe in a round earth?

4. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this is the funniest thing I've seen about a fake moon landing:

[​IMG]

5. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ended a date recently because he was a flat earther. Truthfully, it was sucking before that even came up, but it definitely killed it for me.

Also, hi guys.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Its as retarded as 9/11 trutherism. So thousands of people need to keep this whole thing a secret? No one ever said anything to anyone ever? It might be easier to just actually get someone on the moon.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is my least favorite holiday. You get four days off. That's pretty sweet, right? Except the older you get, and the more family and friends you acquire, you are expected to be at 47 different places over those four days making it seem like you got no time off.

In my perfect world we would go on vacation and rent a place with a nice kitchen to cook a feast. Some day. Some day.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is just the fringe element of something that is happening everywhere with more and more frequency.

People that know nothing about the subject at hand, have a feeling about how it should work, and therefore that is the way they believe it does work.

We've somehow empowered people to think that their feelings matter on things that they know nothing about. Rather than telling them to shut the fuck up about it, we allow some sort of perverse credibility to be assigned to their feelings or guesses.

This is how we get stupid actresses with nice tits preaching to people that vaccines cause autism.

The concept that someone thinking "I don't understand how that could work" means that it's not right is maddeningly narcissistic.

It's also insanely frustrating how often I run into this headspace in technical companies... trying to explain a complex, nuanced technical issue to a non-technical CEO is enough to make me drink. More.

9. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have never seen my husband happier than when my parents announced they were taking my sister and her family on an 18 day cruise over Thanksgiving (we were invited, but 18 days on a cruise ship?? SHOOT ME). His only struggle was picking which friend's Thanksgiving to invite ourselves to in exchange for desserts, appetizers, and lots of champagne in hand. And then we're going to go stay in wine country and eat and drink ourselves silly for the rest of the weekend. LIVING THE DINK DREAM.

In related news, I am currently into the baking process. Wish me luck with my first pie crust. I kept everything cold and mixed minimally and it's now in to chill, so here goes nothing.

10. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Thank the internet. Every idiot now has a megaphone and they use it find like minded idiots, then they each add their own brand of crazy to already ludicrous ideas.

I remember reading an interview with Thomas Dolby (In a musician's magazine) where he postulated about how the Earth could be flat. I immediately wrote him off as a crack pot. Apparently others didn't because he had a sciencey sounding name and sang about science. Those were all the qualifications he needed.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You know how to pull that off?

You stop caring.

Do what you want, and don't feel guilty about it.

12. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In all fairness, he was blinded by science.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I don't think it's the internet, I think it's that you're not allowed to offend people any more, and people take offence when you tell them they don't know what they're talking about. You point that out to them, and they get offended or outraged, and it's like that offence or outrage is supposed to be some sort of trump card against actually knowing what they are talking about.

I have never in my life see so many stupid people think that they are some sort of expert on so many things that they know nothing about.

Case in point, look at fucknuts who was all outraged at the apparent (to him) safety issues raised by a jet flying beside a pretty coloured section of a weather map. When he was contradicted, he refused to believe it, went all in, and it was such a big deal to him that he hasn't come back since.

It's as intriguing as it is frustrating and entertaining.

#93 Nettdata, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's unfair. She also had a nice butt.
    upload_2017-11-22_15-35-8.png

15. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My point is that their argument almost ALWAYS involves planes. I’m saying, just travel - by land and sea - in a straight line, either east or west. You will eventually hit that ice wall, right? It surrounds the Earth disc, right?

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What was this now?

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think she could fuck the rational/logical thinking out of me, but I'd be willing to give it a try. You know, for science.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have known quite a few women (read: all of them) who, upon being naked, can take away my ability to think rationally.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No. In the flat earth model, if you started somewhere in the US, say, and set your compass to due East, you would just fly in a circle.
    upload_2017-11-22_16-28-23.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.