Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2017 Thanksgiving WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just start having Thanksgiving at your house. Invite as many or as few people as you want. Then you can cook your feast, eat somewhat early, kick everyone out of the house afterwards, then watch football and get drunk in your own living room without anyone bothering you. I've been doing it for years now, and it's the most pleasant holiday of the year.

2. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, so then travel by land or sea, due south. Ice wall found, right? Then keep going. There should be an edge of the wall, right? So when they go so far as to hit ocean again, that pretty much debunks their theory.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    From what I remember of Thomas Dolby's theory (Mind you I read this like 30 years ago), if you keep traveling in any direction once you near the edge it disrupts the magnetic field and your compass will then steer you around the edge of the disk. Or something equally nut shit crazy.

I think the easiest way to dispute their bullshit would be to set up a powerful telescope on the beach in California and ask them why you can't see Japan through it. I'm sure they'd come up with some bullshit like....um....I got it. We're on the inside of the circle and they're on the outside, thus we're spinning faster and they're spinning slower which makes us in the future and them in the past, so that's why we can't see Japan with a telescope. Because time travel isn't possible.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You forgot the part where they are retarded and refuse to "believe" in anything other than their fantasy... and don't you try and poke it full of holes with that there logic shit... that just means that you don't understand it.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There are certain catch-phrases that make me immediately lose all interest in somebody when they boast them. “I did my own research” is one of the top phrases.

If “I did my own research” means you read books in a library written by people with STEM phd’s for a course you’re studying for, well... okay. But these people you refer to never mean it like that. “I did my own research” usually translates to “I skipped around a few indie media sites and chose the opinion that best suits my current outrage and/or demographic trend.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I did my own research and tried to put a marble on a marble and it fell off. Then I put a marble on a Frisbee and it didn't.

Now I'm confused.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If gravity didn’t exist then all the galaxies would fall down. Duh.

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That takes up one day. It would be fine if it was just one day. You have 4 days with shit spread on each day.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Did you lose your balls when you got married?

It's simple: "Hey y'all come over for Thanksgiving on Thursday. After that I'm going fishing/hunting/skiing/whatever."

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Craziest couple who ever lived:

...it’s almost 1200 feet tall in case you wondered.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

We used to come across shit up the mountains to climb, but nothing like that. I think the tallest we ever came across was a translator tower for TV signals that was about 600 feet tall. It was on top of a mountain and once we hit the top the wind was unreal, but the view was incredible.

We used to come across old fire watch stations every now and then too. They were about 250-300 feet tall on top of mountains and they always removed the last flight of stairs when they decommissioned them. Basically you had to straddle nothing to go the last 50 vertical feet. I hate heights, but rather than being called a pussy, i always climbed up. Looking a couple hundred feet straight down is not pleasant.

Once we got up to the fire watch cabin my buddies would get up on the hand rail and go up on the roof. I would simply stand there and say "Aw fuck no." And then they'd call me a pussy.

The worst part was going down. You had to look down because that's the direction you were headed and "Down" was a long ways away. I don't like being 10 feet off the ground, never have.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There’s up high, then there up high outside. You did some silly stuff.

Go up on a guyed transmission tower and you discover if you are truly not afraid of heights. Once the wind begins to ring the mast......there’s nothing like a death grip drenched in sweat. Safety lanyards or not, after that day I could stand on the edge of buildings.

13. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I don't deal well with heights. Never have. I played along when I was scared to death, but I never liked it.

When I was 15 the head cheerleader at high school called out to me "Hey Too Tall (One of the many nicknames I had for being a foot taller then everyone else)...are you afraid of heights?"

I figured it was a ruse to make a crack about my height and immediately said I wasn't afraid of heights.

It wasn't a ruse. She wanted me to climb a 3X extension ladder and hang something from the top of the gym. No one else would do it. I hated every moment of my slow climb up that ladder and every moment of my climb back down. But I did it. And I hated heights just as much when I touched back on the ground as I did when I left.

I did have a new found hatred for cute little cheerleaders though.

14. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I overheard a phone conversation between my wife and father-in-law. He stated that he was sick, a bad cold and sore throat. He asked if it was still OK to come for Thanksgiving. My wife told him yes. WTF? It shouldn't be OK with her and he should know better.

If our kid or myself get sick, ima *slap* her. If she gets sick, ima point and laugh.

*I probably won't because that would be wrong. Probably.*

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

When he shows up you should start coughing on him. Hold a little water in your mouth first so it’s a wet cough.

He should get the point.

16. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What’s up with Joe Buck’s shitty stubble beard? He looks like he’s been eating dirty ass.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I think he just wanted to stop looking like the villain from every frat house comedy. Those snooty rich creeps over at Omega Prep who wanna ban partying on campus.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Sometimes you have to see things to believe them:

...I think he’s actually Ukrainian, but I pity the drunk guy who shoves him in a bar.

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I went hunting today. Turning around in my climber stand spooked a fat ass doe I had a shot at. I also successfully rattled a young buck towards me, which is a first. I wound up with nothing. Still, I left my headphones at home and sat in peace and quite for a few hours.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just got home from the Brain Candy Live show with Adam Savage and Michael Stevens. DCC joined me, and it was a fun show.

Afterwards we went to the Meet-And-Greet where we got to ask some questions and then take a pic, and DCC got to ask the last question of the session... and it was hilarious.

"So, there's this guy who's building himself a rocket to prove the earth is Flat..."

And with that, Adam and Steve went off on the topic, talking about how they tried to do the math that they were proposing, how Adam actually bought some expensive Flat Earth orrery from an artist and loves it... Michael said he did a complete investigation and episode on Flat Earth.

It was hilarious.

They were really nice, down to earth guys... it was a blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.