Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2nd Hardest Part of Being a Guy Is....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Violentacrez was the person. He was given the title "Worst Troll In The History Of The Internet". I think I'd take shit HE posts with a grain of salt, thanks. That fuckhead is like the creepy uncle who dry-humps all the bridesmaids at WASP weddings.

2. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, again, VA isn't that guy, VA is some married woman who self-describes herself as "a married woman in her early thirties with so much sand in my vagina I get rug-burns walking around my house. [sic]". Violentacrez is Michael Brutsch the self-cannibalizing troll. We good? We good.

3. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am a mother and happen to know a lot of mothers and none of them have that attitude that I'm aware of. I don't think women that are otherwise reasonable suddenly lose it upon getting pregnant, the anecdotes sound like the kind of harpy that has to have her way about everything, not just how many kids she has. Motherhood isn't driving the control freak bus, it is the control freak driving the motherhood bus.

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if women like that are egged on by women crusading for mom rights (like breastfeeding, greater say in how they give birth, to be treated like a person and not merely a vessel) and you get the fringe element that thinks all men want to control the uterus. It's the typical overcorrection that often happens when trying to level the playing field. And that sucks.

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, middle aged divorced men are the number 1 group susceptible to suicide now. Used to be young men, but we showed them little shits, ya darn tootin'.

There is probably more than a kernel of truth to male divorcees being impacted greater by the loss of family and friends after the split. In my own unscientific opinion I find women have a far more structured social life and can integrate easier than men. Which is probably contingent on a lot of factors. Such as abuse. Victims of abuse have no social net, especially women.

It is almost as if both genders have equally valid points going unheard by the other. Imagine that.

My personal feelings are that your spouse was always this rotten, always this manipulative. You chose not to acknowledge it then wondered why everything blew up.

5. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The horrifying feeling is we have a Serious Thread that turns into an Otz Shitposting center and people critique each other over people's opinions, not facts.

7. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyway, anyone got a new thing that hopefully is bulletproof or a good shitpost? Ghetto? Kubla?

[​IMG]

8. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Umm, people critique each others' opinions all the time. How exactly do you criticize a fact? Or am I misreading this?

9. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Basically what I'm saying is, I'm confused at how people confused Violent Acres with violentacrez, is all, and how people crapped on someone's opinion based on their knowledge of the system as it was to them, that's all. Not saying you're wrong, I hardly know anything of family law.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just want to point out that the responses to my point about suicide is rather indicative. We've already discussed men's inability to be vulnerable as a problem; when I pointed out the suicide rate, a number of people chimed in to explain away the difference in suicide rates by pointing out that men who attempt suicide do so by more violent means, which explains the higher death rate from suicide. As if it somehow wasn't really a male problem. I'm pretty sure we all know what would be said if the data on suicide went in the other direction. The fact that women attempt suicide at the same rate doesn't really make things even - it's tragic and they suffer from the same mental illness, but at least they're alive and have a chance to get better.

I think this is mirrored in several other domains. Male victims of sexual assault and domestic abuse, for example, are far too often dismissed (by men and women alike) because they should have been able to fight back. I've read articles (serious articles, in serious media outlets) where college administrators who deal with the issue of rape on campus openly say that a man being raped by a woman is nigh impossible because a man couldn't get an erection unless he were consenting, and if he were too drunk or drugged to consent, then he wouldn't be able to get an erection. You don't need to look far to find cases of male victims of domestic assault, or read their testimony. Our entire social construct - even, sometimes, our language - does not create a space for men to be victims, and this is very damaging for people who need to get out of abusive relationships but can barely conceive of themselves as victims, let alone find people sympathetic to their problems.

This is not to say that female rape victims or female victims of domestic abuse have an easy go of it, by any means. I think this is an area where stereotypical gender roles are damaging to men and women alike. It creates the expectation that men are always the aggressor, or incapable of being damaged or hurt, and that women are always the passive, damaged victim. The fact is that both men and women can play these roles, which is well worth remembering in the case of gay relationships.

11. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

No one is really attacking your opinion (or your knowledge of family law). I won't speak for anyone else, but I was just pointing out how that blogger is full of shit. If you link something that moronic (especially on this board), it's going to get made fun of/called out.

#71 dieformetal, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  12. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would you say it's an idea that's been around a while or a recent one, that men should be able to be the more stoic and "just bear it" gender? I mean after all, women give birth. That's a big job. Before I ramble too long, I do agree that men are taught from boyhood on to not show emotions on our sleeves and to hold in our reactions.