Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Alcoholypse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trakiel, Oct 7, 2011.

?

You can only drink one for the rest of your life. Which do you choose?

1. Wine

22 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. Spirits

63 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Beer

76 vote(s)
    47.2%
  1. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I immediately clicked spirits but realized I would never be able to have any kind of Christmas Ale ever again. Since I can drink beer casually but can't drink whiskey without being drunk, I changed to beer.

#21 BeCoolBitch_BeCool, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I did the same with wine. My thinking was that there isn't a wine out there somewhere that cannot compliment any given meal. If you like wine like I do, there's a meal to go with it, and there are also several good wines that can be consumed by themselves for casual drinking.

However, reading the posts of some fellow idiots has changed my mind. I guess I didn't take into scope just how many beers are available that can accomplish the same things. Virtually every plate you want to put in front of you has a beer that will go with it, and go with it quite well. Mix that with the fact that I don't want to drink a glass of wine while watching a hockey game, or building a deck, or mowing the yard, or discussing the finer details of why Picard is a superior captain to Kirk (even though Picard would probably pick wine), and beer comes out ahead. Not to mention seasonal beers and lambics. (Would ciders be included, or would they be considered more of a wine or even a spirit?)

I'll miss wine a LOT, and I'll probably even cry a little when I see those who chose spirits drinking a delicious 18 year old scotch...but in light of everything presented, beer will win in my book. Thank all that's holy I wasn't forced to make that final decision on my own without input from this thread. That's why threads like this are so important. So we're prepared on the day when such decisions are required.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Without a doubt beer. Gritty's Vacationland for life if I were to be restricted to a specific brew.

4. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes.

Even though I have grown to be much of a beer snob over the years, it's liqour FTW. It's all about the experience, that out of nowhere buzz that sneaks up on you and says "Hello, feeling better now?" There's almost an endless amount of combinations you can whip up with spirits. Bourbon on the rocks, gin and tonic during the summer months, a shot of good vodka. I guess when I choose liqour I know I'm going to be feeling just right.

5. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Penny pitchers, dollar bottles, bottomless cup/pitcher, Bud night, $5 pitchers of Guiness, some where in your neck of the woods someone will stumble towards their favorite watering hole tonight to enjoy a beer special. Beer is good. Beer doesn't fight you on the way down. Beer is simple and comforting. Beer is not to be swished around and spat out like a call girl who forgot to douche. Beer is a drink for the common hard working folk who break their back to provide a life for their children. No beer is not the classiest drink available.

Sure wine has the sophistication. Liquor wins in sheer variety. I will freely admit that beer is not the best choice on the list, but beer has never let me down.

Maybe beer isn't the prettiest girl at the dance. You have the perfect ice bitch that is wine, who is only even talking to you because her dad was emotionally distant. Yeah she's pretty, but she doesn't really love you. And Liquor is super sexy! Hell I know that, but Liquor is just a party girl. The second you shamefully finish, desperately aware you weren't the best she's had this week, you're forgotten. You have gone from person to a "that was a crazy night" story.

And then there's Beer. She might have a few extra pounds on her. She might not always be the life of the party. But she loves you for you. And most of that extra weight she carries in her bra. Beer is not in the middle of the dance floor because she is tired from her hard day of cooking and cleaning.

So no beer is not an easy choice for me, but at the end of the day she is my lady.

P.S. Once you drop a shot glass with Baileys, and Jameson in a pint of Guiness that shit counts as beer. If this is not the case the satan worshiper who started this thread is truly the Anti-Christ.

6. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will happily let everyone else have the beer and wine. Leave me my rum, vodka, whiskey, tequila, scotch, bourbon, etc, etc, etc.

7. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Wine always tastes off to me. Beer makes me fart like a cannon (I suspect a wheat allergy there). So liquor wins. Gin, vodka, rum, whiskey, bourbon... the options are almost endless.

8. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm assuming you can't drink mixed drinks and would have to drink the spirits straight, and since I almost never drink wine, beer is the choice for me.

If mixed drinks are allowed, then my choice would be spirits.

9. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't get me wrong I do love a good beer but hell will freeze over and candy will fall as rain before I stop drinking rum for anything less than a life threatening illness. There are very few spirits I won't drink, there is a different one for any occasion.

As for wine of either variety and port as well, they can be damned to the firey pits of hell with their nasty taste and day ruining hangovers.