Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association: 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What radio are you listening to and Rose has been called out for the game earlier today by the coach.

2. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw that right after I posted this.

Oh well...should be fun anyways.

Whats the over/under on ejections with Joey Crawford as crew chief?

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No matter what Bulls fans, we'll always have this.

[​IMG]

4. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

LeBron with his best soccer player impersonation. Yeah he got shoved but he flew backwards like he just got shot.

My friend put it best last night: the Bulls and Heat are playing some great hockey games.

5. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Doesnt matter how hard he fell back, Mohammed was getting kicked out anyways.

Watch how hard he hits Lebron on that first foul. He wasnt trying to wrap him up, he swung into him.

And notice how Crawford doesnt take even half a second to try and figure out what happened, he just had a T loaded and somebody was getting it.

6. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does this mean that the 15th guy on the Miami bench is going to have to sucker-punch someone in the throat again?

7. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And if it's Carlos Boozer, would anyone besides him be mad about it?

8. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hear Juwan Howard is gonna sneak over and bitch slap DRose right in the mouth.

Again, these guys just dont get playoff basketball.

Noah gets a T for pushing a guy thats already down and Mohammed gets tossed for pushing Lebron in front of all 3 refs 35' from the basket.

Al least Birdman knocked Robinson down. Finally.

9. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You were right on the money there, but I wouldnt have bet on it.

And now Curry is questionable for tomorrow night's game.

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nice comeback GS t even the series at 2-2. Pretty important game coming up on Tuesday.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I crazy to think that Chris Bosh is now the second best/ most important player in Miami?

Also, Chicago is gonna get a lot of calls about Jimmy Butler this offseason.

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a Pacers fan this really bothers me. I know that Miami will probably roll us if we get there, but between Stephenson on Wade and West/George on Lebron we match up about as well as you could hope. We've got shit for Bosh though. We'll throw whichever guy out of West/George isn't on Lebron I guess? I know neither of the Hansbrough brothers can match him . (That's right we've got both. Thanks for scaring Indiana out of black players Artest, Jackson, and O'Neil)

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, the Bulls were playing with house money after the Nets series. I've been saying it all along, We Live by the Nate, We Die by the Nate. We died by the Nate. 0/12. This series sucks, but I'm not crushed. Shots just couldn't be hit, and every single person on the Heat has been hitting shots. Norris Cole, Shane Battier, and now Bosh has lit up given how hobbled Wade is.

Since my team is out of it, I'm going to jump on the Memphis Bandwagon so I have someone to cheer for the rest of the year. I'm not ready to jump to Hockey yet.

14. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Such a fairweather fan.

Your "die-hard" credentials have been revoked, son. Plus that Memphis bandwagon is gonna get mighty crowded with you and all the grantland stans who just finally figured out how good Gasol/Conley are.

It turns out that having an elite perimeter defender and an elite interior defender is a really good combination. (see also: Pacers, Indiana).

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well all the Grantland people have been on it. And I'm going to take your revocation of my credentials into careful, thoughtful consideration...then utterly disregard them.

All Bulls fans knew the deal. Even Robert Mays, die hard Chicago fan from Grantland wrote this before the game.

I was at that game, wearing my Bulls hat, holding a sign placed all the seats that read "Next Man Up!" and a red towel that said "See Red". Yet there was no reason to hold that sign, no reason to wave that towel. I am just realistic as I saw every single one of the very healthy Miami Heat (Wade is faking it) score points, shut down and decimate the Bulls.

My nuts, off them.

I am jumping on the Memphis Bandwagon because OKC is going to lose, and the Warriors bandwagon is fucking packed. The problem with the Pacers is as stated here, they have no answer for Bosh. God forbid if Shane Battier, Norris Cole, or Mario Chalmers starts hitting shots, which they have been doing.

16. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Welp, you've proven me wrong about your being a Grantland stan.

It's not being on your nuts to say that jumping on another team's bandwagon before your team is even eliminated isn't diehard fan shit. I'm not a diehard fan of any team. It's fun, join me.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what a Grantland stan is. You cannot possibly argue with Zach Lowe on anything. God forbid I'm fan of a website and not cool and ambivalent about everything. Damn hipsters, get off my porch!

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I believe the insult here is that your current thoughts are usually whatever Grantland has posted in the last week.

That being said, agreeing with the Grantland basketball writers means you're probably right 90% of the time. And it's cool, there's plenty of room here on the Gasol-wagon.

You know what's scary about the Warriors these days? Thompson and Barnes still haven't figured out how to play defense, and Barnes is still feeling out his shot. Thompson's defensive ceiling is probably just "okay" but college Barnes had the makings of a potential all-NBA defender, so if he picks that up... oh boy.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that Memphis and Indiana have the best shot at beating Miami of the remaining teams, which is weird because neither is really capable of the small-ball lineup the heat like to play.

Indiana with a healthy Granger would be a great series. Without him, it's probably going to look a lot like the Bulls series with Hibbert on the bench with foul trouble.

Memphis has great wing defenders and size inside that can score, but I don't know if they have an answer for Bosh at the other end, and they don't have the wing scoring to keep Miami from having Lebron guarding Conley.

20. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't be modest.