Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association: 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Joey Crawford officiating meant a win for the Heat, on top of their play. This series will continue to be interesting.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Simmons just wrote to love letters to Tim Duncan, I can't even bring myself to read them.

3. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That would explain all the typos then. Proof-read man.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Just heard on tv, 92% of teams that win game 3 of the finals go on to win the series. Don't know how that could be accurate, but as a Spurs fan I hope it is.

What I do know is that it was garbage time with 5 min left, and the Spurs still had the 3rd largest margin of victory in finals history.

Kinda makes up for that ass whooping we got in game 2.

5. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's partially accurate. The full statistic is that, when the Finals are tied 1-1 during the 2-3-2 era (since 1985), the game 3 winner has won 12 of 13 times. The lone exception was two years ago, when Miami won game 3 and Dallas won games 4-6.

The Finals has also never been won in 7 games by the road team, so San Antonio should now look at this as a 3-game series moving forward. That's not to say they couldn't win a game 7 in Miami, but I highly doubt they could.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fact this series has had 1 close game and 2 blowouts makes it shitty. God I hate watching this series.

7. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It starts now. if Parker is out and the Heat can win game 4 or 5, then it should get more interesting.

Sometimes, the other team just makes shots.

The Heat are the worst team in the league in exploiting matchups on switches. How many times can LBJ or Wade pick up Duncan or Splitter off a pick and roll and then burn the clock and take a shitty jump shot.

If I want to watch offense like that, Ill become a Knicks fan.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. Shots fired by Stephen Curry. <a class="postlink" href="http://elitedaily.com/sports/stephen-curry-clowns-lebron-james-on-vine-for-horrible-game-3-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://elitedaily.com/sports/stephen-cu ... e-3-video/</a>

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

The Spurs haven't defended Lebron very well. He's just missed a ton of open mid-range jump shots. That's entirely on him; he has to make those.

10. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Quoted from Parker's website. Found this interesting on that point.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...e-the-spurs-rain-on-the-cool-ineffective-heat

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jason Kidd in as coach in Brooklyn. Interesting, could work out. He's the right type of guy. But choosing Kidd over Brian Shaw tells me that they're more concerned with merchandise sales than they are with how far they go in the playoffs.

12. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know, I thought something similar a few years ago when the Knicks considered Mark Jackson over Avery Johnson before hiring D'Antoni. Turns out, the guy can actually coach. I like J-Kidd's chances.

13. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but at this point, everyone knows Shaw can coach.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm almost starting to think Shaw might be blackballed for some reason. No one seems to want to give him a head coaching job.

15. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on what? Hes interviewed and passed over every year.

He sat on Phil Jackson's bench for years, but the Lakers pass him by every time.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mark Jackson also was a broadcaster/analyst for 6-7 years post playing. Not that it's the same as being an assistant, but he looked at the game objectively and from a different perspective as a floor general. I think that makes a lot of difference. Not saying Kidd won't be successful, but what he is doing is almost unheard of at this level.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm beginning to think the same thing. Tom Thibideau sat on Doc Rivers bench for a few years and look what he's done. Now Shaw was on Indiana's bench where some great shit happened with zero bench players. I think the guy deserves a shot. He is probably better than at least five of the coachers out there. Better than Vinny was, and better than D'Antoni at this point and I'm guessing Mike Brown. The fact MJ has hired him for the Bobcats is mysterious.

18. Gator

Gator
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

If retired point guards are getting coaching jobs, I assume the Clippers are going to be calling Derrick Rose any day now.

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope Jason Kidd beats his players as much as he beat his wife. Not to mention, I've always heard that great players turn out to be lousy coaches?

Why was Parker in the 4th when they were up by 20 and his hamstring was bothering him? Is he not playing tonight?