Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Association 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Jul 11, 2014.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Bulls didn't score for the first 4 min of the 4th quarter. They just disappeared at times. They were up 8-10 pts at multiple times and never stepped on the Cavs neck. They just couldn't get it done. There were enough 50-50 calls that nobody had room to complain.

That being said, the post-game interview was a PRIME example of why I don't like/cheer Lebron. He's the best player in the league, just hit a HUGE game winner in a playoff series, and he spends half his post-game interview complaining about officiating and explicitly calling out a role player, in Mike Dunleavy, for flopping. When he as a 6'9 cyborg goes down on contact like he's Muggsy Bogues. Fuck off man. Your talent is undeniable but you have the temperament of a spoiled 7 year old on the court.

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can still think the Bulls can win. Each team has had the same two games. I haven't watched every Cavs game, but I feel like they just have more people who are heat check guys and can't create their own shot. If Noah makes half those shots, it's over. No idea why Aaron Brooks was so ineffective (outside being Chicago's heat check guy), given he should have been in to burn a broken Kyrie. This is some side seat coaching, but I just feel like there were shots the Bulls passed up for shots that were just as good or 5-50% worse than the one they passed up.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#143 Parker, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. kilo

kilo
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

When 'Hack a Jordan' inevitably happens in a Clippers game the announcers bitch and wonder if anything can be done to curtail the scheme. Would a simple solution be allowing the player with ball control the option to shoot the free throws? I have been trying to think of a reason this won't work but cannot come up with anything. If someone is fouled with the ball, they have to shoot. But if someone is fouled without the ball and another teammate has clear ball control, then either player can attempt the free throws. This could be the incentive not to unnecessarily foul away from the ball. ​

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That makes two of us. It's ridiculous. Well, that's it for the Bulls. Really curious to see what happens this offseason and next year.

6. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two down, two to go. Come on Houston or LA, it does not really make a difference. Memphis was the team I feared, I think the Warriors match up much better against Houston or the Clippers than that front line of Memphis. As far as the East goes, they are just playing for defacto second place.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Wolves get the top pick. Between Okafor and Towns, I'm sure whichever one the Wolves pick the other guy will be an all-star.

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

JR Smith is fantastic to watch when he goes into NBA Jam mode.

My Cleveland friends are crowing about the Hawks being dead. Sounds about right for fans of a franchise that hasn't ever won shit. Even with JR being out of his mind, and the 2nd best 3PT shooting team in the league being ice cold and shooting 17%, it was still a 3-4 point game late. I trust Budz to make better adjustments than Blatt. Carroll is a big deal if is out for significant time. If Korver isn't going to get in a groove, admittedly credit to Shumpert, the Hawks need other players to hit some shots besides BIG GAME BAZEMORE.

Anyone else catch Lebron basically giving himself credit for saving JR in the press conference? His lack of self awareness for saying dumb shit is staggering.

9. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good game Dubs, but you better put the Rockets away before they figure it out.

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There is your final NBA matchup. It should be an entertaining series with plenty of people watching to see if Lebron James can carry Cleveland over the Warriors. I am saying no. Dubs in 5.

11. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I don't know who to root for. Steph Curry or the people of Cleveland. I love watching Steph play, but on the other hand it's painful for me because David Fucking Kahn decided, "Steph Curry? Fuck that bum, I'm gonna draft this sure-thing instead":

[​IMG]

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I root for the long suffering people of Cleveland when it comes to the Browns or the Indians. The Cavs? Fuck em. Fans still pretending like they are some plucky underdog when they have a basketful of lottery picks and the best player in the world on their team. Not to mention their insufferable attitudes during these playoffs. Literally can't make a comment about the playoffs without Cavs fans I know calling me a butthurt Bulls fan or some comment about Rose being overrated. You'd think they were the ones who got swept. Also, the hilarious way they ran back to Lebron like an abused spouse.

I'm all in on Steph and Riley Curry and have been since the beginning of the playoffs. If I was a Cleveland fan, I would be more worried that Lebron is probably strategizing on how to steal back the media spotlight from Riley Curry instead of the series itself. I'm pretty sure thats why his injury behavior in Game 3 was so grandiose and exaggerating. Couldn't have the cutest sports kid in the game snatching it away.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Even though I cannot stand James, I'm watching. I really like watching Golden State when they are on a run.

I wonder how James would play if they duct taped his elbows so he couldn't throw them. Ya know, like he does on about every other possession he's got the ball. Between that and his pushing off which also happens with as much frequency yet no calls over and over again.

14. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck. All props to the Cavaliers. I still say Dubs in 5.

15. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My $.02:

Thank you shegirl for seeing what I see: At least HALF off the fouls called on whomever is guarding Lebron are pure bullshit. He initiates contact and pushes off with his elbow or shoulder. It's incredibly blatant. Drive like that and push off on someone bigger than you, fine, let it go... But when the guy guarding you is giving up 30 pounds and 2 or 3 inches? Get the fuck out of here, son.

The first 2 games were both pretty great considering they both went to OT and all that... But to me, this is the same thing as last year: Superior TEAM beats superstar(s). Last night was a "win one for the Gipper", with Kyrie Irving being done for the year. The Spurs absolutely ripped the Heat apart last year because they played like a team. The Cavs are Lebron and his pals, the same as the Heat last year. If Curry wasn't ice cold all game, it would have been a 20 point Warriors win.

In a nutshell: In NBA Live 2k15 a team of Lebron, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are world beaters. In reality? Not so much.

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best two out of three now. I am not as confident as I was at the start of this series. (obviously). If the Dubs can hit their shots and limit turnovers then I still like them. But the Cavs have so dominated the boards and Lebron is a monster (despite his pushing) that it really is a anyone's series. As tough as Oakland has been for opposing teams this year, I just do not think Home Court is going to figure into who wins. It will be serious tough NBA games from here on.

17. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a sneaky feeling it might be tonight. Curry seemed to find his shot the last 2 games and the Warriors are waking back up and Kerr has made his adjustments. The Cavs are a bit more rested but still will likely have to deal with fading in the 4th. If the Warriors win tonight, especially if its by double digits, I think the series is essentially over.

18. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great game 5. That one will be on your NBA classics.

19. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There folks are your 2015 NBA champion Golden State Warriors. Obviously, the greatest team the NBA has seen in 40 years. Now all you losers can go back to your whining about trades and players and injuries. I get a year to bask in the glory of just how fantastic this team was.

20. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I am so glad it didn't go the other way. It's nice to see a team play like one unit rather than the one man show. Oh I'm sorry "the greatest (self proclaimed) player in the world." That guys ego needs it's own plane for game travel.