Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Automotive Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Backroom, Oct 19, 2009.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1000hp Corvette used to be a Lingenfelter monstrosity or a dream.

I hate the yellow, but God damn. That is insane.

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Knew something like this was coming with the z06 had a na flat plane v8. Will be priced way the hell out of my range but god dam, i would love that thing.

3. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, people with trucks, here's a product recommendation for you. Sumitomo Encounter AT tires. They were on my truck for damn near 85,000 miles. That's probably 15,000 longer than anything I've ever had on a pickup truck. I kinda wish I would have bought another set, but I just didn't realize they were on there that long until I filed my receipt for the new tires I bought today.

4. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking stealerships, man. I don't see how people can afford to use them for service. I went for an alignment, and tie rod ends. I told them I needed tie rod ends because I inspected my front end when I put my tires on. I figured it can't be that bad, the costs for something simple like that. They're $56 for a for a good set of mevotechs on rockauto, but I didn't want to wait on shipping. Wrong, they wanted $1281, total... for tie rod ends. They wanted $638 for the same parts I could order from another dealership for ~$150. WTF?

I came home to wait on shipping.

Screenshot_20240905_123839_Messages~2.jpg Screenshot_20240905_120758_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240905_094756_Chrome.jpg

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thing is, they wouldn't be doing stuff like that if there weren't people who paid it.

This is the kind of thing that makes ME want to commit a mass-shooting. I see people all the time bend over and spread their cheeks for dealerships/ mechanic shops, but when they come to me for an estimate, suddenly they don't have the budget for it.

For example, one of Jungle Julia's friends had her entire AC system replaced at the Honda dealer a couple of years ago for $2,500. She didn't bat an eye; she just went to the international bank of Daddy, and got the money.

Well, a couple of years later, it stopped working, and some third-party mechanic told her that her compressor was fucked, and it would need ANOTHER complete AC system.

So she asks JJ if I can get her a price.
    I give her a price of $888, if she doesn't rush me.
    NOW she has to consider her finances.

I don't know what she ended up doing, but I got tired of waiting, and that fat bitch can go fuck herself.

About once a year, JJ and I will get into some argument where she tells me that I need to just start my own shop, but shit like that is the reason why I don't do it. I just know I'd end up going bankrupt because of people like that, while at the same time becoming an extremely bitter man as I see those same people empty their wallets for others.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There will be a few big boxes from Banks Power waiting for me when I get home. Some nice upgrades to the Cummins, including upgraded intake and grid heater, boost tubes, pedalmonster, and some guages.

Should be a fun and easy install.

7. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't mind paying for work when I need it and it's not a jacked up price. In fact, the guy I got my tires from is an old friend that started a shop behind his house. I gave him $100 over what he said because he was still saving me money over going to a big chain. I drove 2.5 hours to his house, we put the tires on together and talked shit for an hour and he made more than he thought would that evening.

But, Nissan, that was a fuck you price they gave me today.

I wanted to go to a local shop that specializes in alignment, steering and suspension work, but their first opening was a month out. They do it for a lot of semi trucks, too. He had an appointment book filled with work, because they do good work and are probably reasonable on the prices.

8. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does your's have the grid heater and busbar that can drop a nut into one of the cylinders? I watched a video on it recently.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I’ve got a 2021 Cummins 6.7.

I’m a huge fan of Dave’s Auto, Lake Speed, and Banks Power channels.

10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah… should be fun.

IMG_4941.jpeg

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

13. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yeah same. I’ve actually back and forthed with Dave a bit. Good dude.