Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Best Movies of 2009

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Crown Royal, Dec 22, 2009.

1. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Saw a couple this year, these were the ones that stuck out. In order:

1. The Hangover
    2. Law Abiding Citizen
    3. The Blind Side
    4. Paranormal Activity

2. Zazz

Zazz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Best:

1. By far A Serious Man, there are no better storytellers than the Coen Brothers. A million times better than Burn After Reading.
    2. Extract Not your typical Mike Judge, but an all-star cast and entertaining
    3. Inglourious Basterds nuff said
    4. Zombieland
    5. Watchmen

Worst:

All of the rest were pretty awful, but the one that everyone loves, and that i just don't get, is The Hurt Locker. I've been traveling out of the states for a year, but I didn't think I lost any patriotism. I just don't get it. It was like a newer Blackhawk Down. It had the potential to be amazing, but just didn't deliver. Anyone care to explain what was so great?

3. Guest

Expand Collapse

THE BEST

-The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (CGI/Visual was superb/Brad Pitt was awesome-in some ways it reminded me of Forest Gump in terms of his struggle)

-Inglourious Basterds (Another masterpiece from Quentin Tarantino, with an excellent cast)

-Watchmen (One of the best visual films I have ever seen, the music was amazing and to this day has the best sex scene in any film)

-Public Enemies (It is nothing in comparison to the old skool/ and there may be some debate to the story but it was entertaining and the gun fights were awesome and Bale/Depp were awesome).

THE WORST
    -Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (CGI and Megan Fox only thing good about this film/ Plot hole galore!)

-S Darko ( I am still wondering as to why they attempted to bring out a sequel-Donnie Darko is one of my favourite films and this was just painful to watch).

-The Taking of Pelham 123 - (If there’s a unifying trend to 2009 it’s the classic remake, and The Taking of Pelham 123 is nothing in comparison with the classic.)

These are only the top mentions and the worse; Being from the UK I would like to watch The Hurtlocker and A Serious Man when they come out.

4. Guest

Expand Collapse

Hurt Locker added to best.