Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The drug thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by redbullgreygoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Has anyone experienced any truth the the saying, "Beer before grass, you're on your ass. Grass before beer, you're in the clear"?

2. RoosterCogburn

RoosterCogburn
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

In my experience, getting high makes me not want to drink. Getting high when I'm already drunk puts me on my ass.

I'm not sure if this question is in the right place. I've been taking melatonin pills (bought from Whole Foods) somewhat regularly recently. I'm not an insomniac, but I like to get to sleep at a certain time and sometimes it's hard for me to shut my brain off. I probably take one pill (I'll have to look at the dosage again, I think it's around 2-2.5 mg) about 4x/week. Is there any obvious potential for negative side effects here? Is it going to fuck my circadian rhythms up when I stop taking it?

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It won't fuck up your circadian rhythm, but if you are dependent (psychologically or physically) on melatonin to sleep, then you can get what's called rebound insomnia. Doing it consistently for 4x a week seems like an indication that you are, to some extent, dependent on it. A few good habits on sleep:

1. Sleep hygiene - don't do anything in your bed but sleep and have sex. Don't read, don't use your computer, any of that.
    2. Don't go to bed until you're sleepy. This goes back to point 1.
    3. Mid-afternoon exercise can help improve sleep.
    4. Try to wake up at the same time every day, regardless of how much sleep you got the previous night.

As for negative side effects, my sedative comparison chart says it can cause headache, increased heart rate, pruritus (that's itchiness for you plebes), and nightmares. Hm. Also, a typical dose is 1 mg 2 hours before bedtime / 2 mg of a continuous release formulation 2 hours before bedtime.

4. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

You tend to feel less drunk while mixing coke and alcohol
    Yes, Nose bleeds are common when you snort anything. It's not meant to be an in-hole for solids.
    What does Purple look like? I've never seen it.

Answering what does a coke high feel like is difficult. It's an upper, but it's also a numbing agent. Most people are assholes on coke, But if feels like you're smarter, sharper, funnier. Like your brain is working better. It's usually not. Usually you're just a dick, talking about bullshit with a stranger in a nightclub cubicle, waiting for your nose to stop bleeding so you can do another bump.

On the topic of nose bleeds. Junkies who are also good looking or come from wealth families have been known to suffer from badly deteriorated septums. That shit will eat tissue if you expose yourself to enough of it. It's a corrosive solid that's been ground into a coarse powder and you're sticking it up a hole that's meant to warm air as it comes into your body and pressurize to keep water out. On one hand it takes a LOT of coke to deviate your septum or anything. On the other hand, that shit still isn't good for you.

You can make the rail smoother by grinding it up in a mortar and pestle with glucose before you cut out the lines and you can sooth the burn by snorting a small drop of water off your finger tip and up each nostril after you do a line. It's also worth keeping in mind that there's an excellent chance that your coke contains equal parts cocaine and new improved, colour locking laundry powder. Coke doesn't reach consumers pure. It's rare that it reaches consumers any more then 50% pure. Every time it's cut - there's some other random white powdery shit that the dealer had around his house thrown in. Good dealers have a recipie for cutting their shit. But most assholes just pick something at random. Some of them do shit like add the glass balls used in road marking spray paint to make it reflective to spray weed to add weight. Some of them use finely crushed glass to slice up your membranes so you get a better high from less pure shit. The drug industry isn't regulated which means it isn't consumer safety oriented.

The specific contents of your digestive tract shortly before, during and after you take a drug will impact the way the drug affects you. Fundamentally - Alcohol and pot will in most cases fuck you up and put you on your ass - regardless of the order in which they're consumed. If you have a particularly high tolerance for either, you may have a higher tolerance for the two combined - but you most likely will not. Doing both at the same time a bunch of times will eventually lead to you having more tolerance for it. But the order of consumption makes jack shit difference. Rate of consumption, quantity consumed and how many munchies you've had between smoking up and chugging a beer however are all likely to be relevant to how fast you end up unconscious.

5. BooRadley

BooRadley
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm assuming "some" means "this one time on the news years ago". The least safe thing in your coke is most likely the coke. Also, if there's glass in your weed, where does it go when you smoke it? I'm just imagining tons of little glass bits accumulating on the bottom of a bong.

Point is, so long as you're not dealing with a total stranger, you'll almost certainly get something safe. Hell, it might even be good.

6. black napkins

black napkins
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

7. Southside Strangler

Southside Strangler
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

A good friend of mine told me that his Dad and his Dads buddies would go out drinking all night at the bar and get all fucked up and then when they were in the car ready to leave they would do a line of coke to "sober" themselves up to drive home. Sounds fuckin far fetched to me but funny as hell.

That guy also said hi dad melts down weed into some sort of a slime and then rolls his joint papers in it. Anyone ever heard of such a thing before?

8. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Why don't you collect some empirical evidence, It's pretty easy. Go get fucking drunk, then do a line of coke, then come back here and present us your results.

Scootah can't really described it any better.

Folks on coke will act like assholes, if they're assholes to begin with in my experience. Coke makes them into super assholes. What I hate about the drug, is the "vulture" like behavior the people exhibit when the coke is actually being done; it's fucking unbecoming and not a very chill environment.

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Uhhh no. I volunteered for a group called rave safe that until I was ordered to cease and desist or be arrested, was doing harm minimization testing of pills or other products that people brought in at raves. An event I was volunteering at as a gopher, in exchange for free entry into the gig had 15 different people show us coke that shredded glass fibers in it because it didn't bulk out the cut as much but added more weight then glucose. I've personally seen washing detergent cut in by people I knew who then tried to sell me the shit after I watched them cut it with fucking OMO laundry powder.

I've had awesome dealers who cut their product with ADD medication - coke cut with powdered ritalin? Don't mind if I do. Speed cut with Dexamphetamines and cheaper because of it? Sure you talked me around.

Not a physics major huh? The product in question are microscopic in size and can be sprayed from an aerosol can which is how they're used for their intended purpose. While they're an easy way to increase the weight of your product shipment, they still individually weigh fuck all and very easily transition under heat and become more toxic then they were as just glass balls, which wouldn't have done you any good to inhale anyway, and a goodly amount of that shit does end up in your lungs. The rest of it ends up in the resin around the cone. If you're smoking the resin out of your pipe because you're all out and desperate for something - you get all those delicious remaining molecules in your lungs as well.

This is an incredibly naive assumption. There is almost a 0 percent chance that the person you deal with grew the product that they're selling you, refined it, shipped it, distributed it, or is the only person to have cut it before it gets to you. The sole exception to this is if you buy in serious bulk or if you get very lucky - you might buy weed from the grower. Coke, H, Ketamine, MDMA, Speed/Meth/Crack all pass through at least a dozen hands before they go into your body.

You also get awesome circumstances where some of the best regarded pills in Australian history, selling for more then 3 times the price of an average pill because they were fucking awesome turned out to be a new drug chef's experiment and killed 80 people before the word got around that red death's were really fucking dangerous as well as being an incredible high - and 80 dollar pills were suddenly struggling to sell at 5 dollars a pop to idiots. A week before all the fatalities hit the news, I had some of my best friends offering to sell me that shit at cut price, only $50 a pop - when street price was $80 each even if you were buying 10 and then buy it back from me at the same price I paid because they were horrified at the idea of being tied to the sale of a hit that lead to a fatality.

That said - dealers who stay in the game for a long time are usually reluctant to do dodgy shit. I've seen a guy get his legs broken for selling someone's sister bad gear. I've hit a dealer in the face with a chair. I've known some very, very fucked up campers who were delighted to show me their collection of machete's at a nightclub while insisting that I take a line of their coke or they'd be offended that I turned down their hospitality. I bought my product for a long time from a guy who did collections for distributors who sold on tick and saw people come around to give him money with bandages indicating freshly broken fingers or noses.

For those of you who've never looked into the economics of selling drugs - most people who you buy from - unless you buy in quantities of more then $20k per purchase, buy their product from a distributor on tick - they buy it at a cut price per unit, then they sell those units at the going street price and and after selling the product - give the distributor the money they agreed to pay him. That means any time they can cut their product, their margin goes up. If a cop has taken your gear, or if you've discovered that your product has a pretty good chance of killing people who take it - that's your problem - you still owe the person you bought it from a lot of money.

Usually, street dealers aren't rocket scientists and rarely have fantastic credit - so they usually go and buy more product on tick from another distributor and try and increase their margin on that purchase so that they can make a repayment to both dealers of enough that they don't get fucked up or killed and then continue to try and bump their margins until they pay off the interest on the original tick purchases.

Then, once they're back to not owing a dealer any more then tick, they realize that if they keep bumping their margins by cutting their shit - they can get even more money. This is usually when they buy their own pill press with the profits, or start experimenting with cut techniques.

I like drugs. I really do. They're delicious, and the only reason I don't do more of them is because I'm on a bunch of prescription shit and get random testing for non prescription shit. But assuming that you're safe because your dealer isn't a stranger? Is just stupid. Street level consumers - even the typical white collar street consumer who doesn't buy gutter ball shit from crack heads - don't get any kind of quality assurance on their product. Caveat Emptor like a mother fucker.

10. Tyty

Tyty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A few weeks back we had a party that involved grain alcohol, so now I have a handle of it left over. And a friend suggested that I should take this handle and make lemocello with it, and that sounds pretty good. Then I had an idea that I should instead make absinthe. The only good recipe that I could find online is this. http://www.articlesbase.com/home-brewing-articles/making-absinthe-at-home-nondistilled-823384.html Does anyone have any experience with doing this?

Or feel free to tell your stories about drinking absinthe.

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anyone ever come across pot that was laced?

I don't understand why dealers would waste the drugs to fuck with a customer.

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not pot but potato chips. A few years ago I was living with my father and came home to find an open can of Lays (Kind of like a Pringle can). So I ate a bunch. About 30-40 minutes later I started to feel really weird. Then I started to see trails and my mind was racing. Next the TV started to have wave/ripple effects. This is when I started to freak out a bit but I had tripped before so I kind of knew what was happening.

After about an hour I felt sick and threw up everything and took a shower and in about another hour I felt normal again. Next time I saw my father he told me not the eat the chips because when he bought them from Walmart and got home the seal was off and they were already open. Why he didn't throw them away and left them sitting around I have no idea.

13. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I've seen product laced to make it heavier. Usually done by the grower where before drying the crop is sprayed with something that customers hopefully won't notice - so that the 10 kilo's that they've grown can sell as 13-15 kilo's with the associated 20-50% profit increase. I don't imagine it's a good way to build a customer base - but if you're confident that you'll get away with it, or if you're desperate for money or planning to get out of growing anyway...

14. Southside Strangler

Southside Strangler
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

15. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sold pot for a few months in college and would buy 2 ounces of decent brick weed and sell about an ounce and a half so I could smoke the rest for free. What I used to do was take the dry weed and put it in a colander over boiling water so the steam would soak in. It would add weight and fluff the weed up to make it look better. This led to me getting more weed for free.

Since a ounce in a half in college would sell in a couple hours, I would even weigh the eighth or quarter in front of them. Me and my roommates smoked free though.

16. Pap

Pap
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Kratom

Has anyone ever tried this or know of someone who has? I just found out about it tonight. It seems interesting enough to maybe try but I'm a little hesitant. My last experience with a psychedelic was not a great one.

17. AKSB

AKSB
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I've tried it, but usually while after smoking and/or drinking. It's like a painkiller -- definitely not a psychedelic. Pretty mild in my opinion, but it's fun. Just make sure you take the right amount.

18. Pap

Pap
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

General what is the "right amount"? If I did do it I planned on getting some pills. I'm hoping my local nature herb vitamin store has this stuff.

Would it be comparable to something like hydrocodone?

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It is a hardcore liquor- you should prepare to vomit the first time you do it. Get a metal spoon with slits in it, and put a sugar cube on it. Pour the absynthe through the spoon over the cube. Once you filled the glass about 75%, light the cube on fire with a match. Let it carmalize in the heat then dump it into drink and stir. Add some bottled water if you want to dilute it, because this stuff kicks harder than moonshine and is no fucking joke. Stronger more Europen blends make you feel like you're in another dimension (cool, not scary wise) others can make you feel drunk with a cocaine buzz. There are many varieties, but I can suggest don't drink it like a rock star, or you will regret it like you've never regretted drinking before.

20. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

90% of what you buy over the counter in Australia/The US/Canada is Vodka with food coloring and a flavoring additive. It's often also sold as an over proof liquor - which is why it fucks people up so much.

The wormwood essence that's included in the distillation in places like the Czech republic is what's responsible for the hallucinogenic properties that made the green fairy famous.

The rituals with drinking absinthe are all partly about diluting the shit so it doesn't kill you so fast and partly about slowing down the rate at which you drink it - so you don't lapse into a coma or try and cut off your own ear or something. It's heavy shit.

I really can't emphasize enough that you should be drinking it slowly and not trying to be a rock star - or you'll be getting your stomach pumped/regretting having been born the next day.