Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The drug thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by redbullgreygoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Here's a little reading on absinthe. Sounds like it's the high proof alcohol that gets you fucked up, not the miniscule traces of thujone. http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.11/absinthe.html

2. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I thought it was an opiate, not a psychedelic. I've never tried it though. There are lots of other opiates around that are more easily available, if that's your thing.

3. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Has anyone had any experience with the legal herb type products that supposedly get you high? I was talking to a guy at a party the other night and he swore he like some shit better. He called it striker. I can't smoke because of my job but would like to "relax".

4. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Has anybody tried ketamine?

From what i've read on erowid it sounds as though you buy it in liquid form and then "bake" it into a powder if you are going to take it nasally?
    Can anyone explain how exactly this is done?

5. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Put some liquid on a glass plate microwave for about 30 seconds (I think thats the correct number I haven't done it in awhile). You can see it crystallize Scrap the crystals off into a piece of paper and enjoy. Microwaving apparently wastes a fair amount of liquid though.

6. Woody

Woody
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've done a few shots of Absinthe at a bar, the lame legal shit at like 68%, two was good enough for me for the night, smelt like black licorice and changed colors like a magic maker.

8th a month.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, that's how I did it. I bought a couple of tubes of the stuff at a Mexican pharmacy; they looked like little tubes of toothpaste. My ex-wife and her friends handled the actual production, and I wasn't there. But they used a stainless steel pan on the stove over low heat.
    Sorry I can't give you more details.

8. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Ketamine comes as a liquid, a paste or a tablet. Often suppository sized because the easiest way to get hold of ketamine is from a vet or someone who deals with horses - they use it as a horse tranquilizer pretty regularly. Manufacturers know that a signficant percentage of their sales to the animal care market end up being consumed by humans and manufacture to that standard - but the tablets are still often fucking huge and need to be cut or ground to be useful.

Ketamine can either be ingested, snorted or injected intramuscularly. An intramuscular injection will hit you much harder than the alternatives and snorting will hit harder than swallowing or rubbing into your gums.

Liquid or paste can be reduced over a low heat to crystallize and you can then either grind the crystals (cut with glucose again to smooth the rail), or smoke it as a snow cone or laced joint. You could put it in a crack/meth pipe as well. But smoking the shit is pretty unpleasant and doesn't significantly improve the high over snorting it.

If you get it in a liquid - you can eye dropper it on to sugar cubes or on to your tongue, or just spike your diet coke. Or assuming it's pure - you can just jack it into a muscle if you're that way inclined. Thigh or Bicep are most common injection sites - because it's hard to inject yourself in the ass.

As a caveat - while ketamine has a VERY low fatality rate (like lower than pot) - it can be pretty addictive and it can lead to long-term psychological damage from relatively short-term, high frequency users. A lot of people in the rave scene in the mid 90's found that their experience went way south very quickly after they started dropping Special K as well as their usual amphetamines and hallucinogens.

You should also know what a K-Hole is before you do Special-K for the first time -

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-hole" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-hole</a>

Riding a K-Hole can suck, or can be fucking awesome depending on the trip. I can however say that sitting on the edge of a K-Hole, in a dark room, spinning glow sticks in front of the mirror can be one motherfucker of a good time. But be aware of dosages and understand that this is shit they use to tranquilize horses or to act as a pain-killer for things like when a motor cycle rider has come off and landed on their hands, and has their radius or ulna sticking out to one side and the doctors need to yank their wrist and elbows in opposite directions to get the bones back inside their bodies.

9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Somebody asked why Intramuscular rather than intravenous for Ketamine and I didn't immediately know the answer, I was just always taught that Ketamine was taken intramuscularly - I've only ever seen Ketamine administered intramuscularly in hospitals and shit, so I asked a friendly doctor why - he tells me it's a math error minimization thing - Ketamine dosage for surgical application is calculated as X-mg/X-Patient KG. To get the same result as an IM dose, you use between a quarter and a fifth of the dose. Which is more of a pain in the ass to measure and more prone to dosage errors.

Intravenous applications are more common when they have a drip bag set up so they get regulated dose diffusal over a longer period.

As an example though, intramuscular Ketamine for say setting a broken bone would be something like 0.56 - 0.7 grams for a 155lb patient. Intravenous Ketamine for the same broken bone would be 0.07 to 0.14 of a gram for the same injury.

The last thing I want if I'm taking recreational substances - is someone who's on drugs (even if it's myself) trying to accurately measure tenths of a point. Especially when forgetting the difference between a tenth of a point, and a point is a good high and a trip to the hospital. Shit, I wouldn't want most ER interns measuring out a drug where being a tenth of a point makes a dramatic difference to the experience.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The explanation I have is that injecting an IM dose of ketamine IV is a fantastic way to overdose. The muscle acts as a reservoir to slowly release ketamine into the circulation. I'm familiar with the phenomenon with other drugs like diazepam, but I'd need to get more data on the pKa and solubility of ketamine to make a more definitive comparison.

11. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I used more words, but that's basically what I was trying to say. 0.5-0.75 grams intramuscular will have the same effect as 0.07-0.14 grams intravenous. So 0.5-0.75 grams intravenous will probably fuck up your universe

12. skyello

skyello
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Consuming Robitussin is gross, but a high dose of DXM will give you one hell of a trip. The other week, I ate two whole bottles of Robitussin LiquiGels. When it started kicking in, I vomited out everything in my stomach. Then I collapsed on my floor and had a vision of god.

The funny thing is that god was a mill. Like, a mill, as in the thing that they used to grind up grain in the eighteenth century. Except the thing was, it wasn't a normal mill - it was made out of stars. And the "outer space" in which the mill star system existed, existed in my head. Except it didn't exist entirely within my head - it was more like the metaphysical space of my own consciousness merged into a complete oneness with the physical space of the god-mill galaxy.

Robitussin.

13. jolerud05

jolerud05
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Anybody have any experience taking Molly? I have taken ecstasy a few times but I am curious as to what the differences are between the two.

14. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've found molly to be purer and cleaner than taking pills. Obviously, it can be cut just like a pill, but in my experience it has been a better roll.

15. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Finding actual MDMA in circulation in Australia or Europe is pretty fucking rare. Usually you're either buying from a lab researcher whose kid has just gotten an expensive disease, or you're buying serious weight. I can't say the same with any certainty about the US - but if actual MDMA is easily available to buy in consumer quantities - I'm getting my fucking green card and moving.

Hypothetically - Molly should be exactly the same as taking a pill if the dose is the same. You can either buy gel caps and drop or plug molly like a pill, mix it with water (which tastes's nasty) or snort it. Hell, you can even jack it through an IV - although that's got all the usual risks of jacking an amphetamine and very few people have the patience or skill to hook up an IV bag and float it in on a liter of saline.

Practical reality is that 100% pure, actual MDMA almost never hits the market in consumer quantities any place I've bought drugs. MDA is much more common. MDA is much, much more toxic then Molly and has very different dosage side effect profiles. I would be very, very skeptical of anybody claiming to be selling genuine MDMA, much less 100% pure mdma and I'd be doing a reagent test before I agreed to pay for it. I'd also be very wary of the seller's veracity.

Pure MDA is a good time - if you ignore the associated risks, and if it's actually pure, which are some pretty big starting assumptions - floated on glucose - it's going to be a much smoother and more intense roll then pills. But you should be very aware of the differences between mda and mdma and you should remember that your liver has a greatly diminished ability to reduce the toxic impact of MDA when you're snorting it rather than dropping it.

16. AKSB

AKSB
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Tried Salvia for the first time yesterday. I've heard of a lot of people having awful trips, but this was one of the most enjoyable drug experiences I've ever had. I think it was 15 or 20x, so I didn't completely lose my mind when I did it. Pretty uncontrollable laughter for about 5-10 minutes, and I saw everything as if it was a painting. At one point, it looked like everything was made out of tiny fingertips, sort of like a less intense version of the Prius "Harmony" commercial Also listened to one of my favorite songs ever ("Anthem" by Emancipator) which made everything way more awesome.

I give it pretty high marks. Couple tips: keep the group of people that you do it with pretty small -- one of my dumbass friends invited like 5 people in the room to look at me losing my mind and it got a little overwhelming. Play some good music. And know what you're getting yourself into, because I've heard of a lot of people having a terrible time. Also, smoke weed for the come down -- its kind of a weird one.

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone who fucks with one of their friends who is doing shrooms, acid, whatever is an asshole. You should really talk to him and tell him that what he did was not cool.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That happened to me the first time I did acid. I was having a nice little time all by myself in the back yard at a little bbq/party, watching the BC Ferry off in the distance, and an asshole friend of mine came up and started fucking with me.

I asked him twice to leave me alone, and he laughed it off and kept fucking with me.

Third time I kicked him square in the nuts as hard as I could. (I was a 240lbs rugby player at the time with tree trunks for legs). Lifted him off the ground, and he just fell down, whimpered, and spent a long time convulsing and throwing up.

Nobody fucked with me after that, although most did find it to be very entertaining.

19. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Does anyone have any tips/hints/suggestions for keeping my pot from drying out.

I have it in a jar with a piece of apple at the moment on the suggestion of a friend but its not doing the trick.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My old boss used to put his super dank weed in the freezer to retain freshness.

Ive only done boomers twice each time at different Bonnaroo's, now maybe being in such a large crowd didn't help, but I had a minor whig out period during both times. Because of this Ive never wanted to take anything stronger like acid. Im not sure if I'll ever try them again but Ive heard that taking Valium with acid can help keep you calm and lesson the chances of a freak out. Some of my friends cany-flipped Acid/E there and they seemed to have a pretty happy experience. If I were to try psychedelics again I'd like to be at a big music festival like that to enhance the music experience. What would be some good suggestion on keeping yourself calm during shows like this?