Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The drug thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by redbullgreygoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. burned ice cube

burned ice cube
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents because I have had to deal with a couple tests before. I have followed this method every time and its worked:

Water, water, water! 2 gallons a day, minimum. I would walk around with a gallon jug all day and be constantly filling it up.
    Vitamin C pills, I usually took 2 1000mg ones a day.
    When you actually take the test, piss in the toilet first and use the end of the piss to put in the cup. Also, don't have it be the first piss of the day but try for the second or third, as that way it won't be as diluted.

That's it, I usually had at least a couple weeks notice every time and these steps cleared it right out.

2. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It also depends on on how heavy of a smoker you are as the whatever it is they test for builds up in your fat cells. If you are a sometime smoker I think that its easier to use the methods listed to dilute your pee enough that the levels are low enough to pass the test.

3. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Tried M's last night, the crystal/powder shit. It hit me like a ton of bricks 20 minutes in, had a decent plateau for maybe an hour, then it faded, and was gone after about 2 hours. I had a really good time, everything was calm and serene, and the music was wonderful. How do I get the intensity to last longer/not hit me so suddenly? My friends were all rolling a lot longer than I was, although they have done it more than me. This was my first time.

4. clickclack

clickclack
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Last night, I smoked out of a professionally made gravity bong. it was just two plastic containers that perfectly fit with each other. There was the top which was clear and the bottom which blue. The bowl was huge and fucking fantastic. We fired it up, and I swear when the guy was pulling out the top part, it created some sort of a vortex, because I had never in my life seen so much smoke bellowing out at such speed. By the time the top reached it's mark, the smoke inside was yellow as hell.

I got the pleasure of taking the first hit. Man I got so blitzed I thought all my friends were floating in the air. Yes, I know that sounds like half-baked, but it's TRUE!

5. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have a question about Adderall, I'm not sure if I'll get an answer though. How come stimulants calm down hyperactive kids? Why is Adderall prescribed for ADHD? It seems so counter-intuitive. I've been told scientists don't really know the answer. They don't know why it works, just that it does. Can anyone back this up?

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kids' metabolisms are different is the short explanation. I couldn't give you the full details behind it (and I don't think anyone wants to read that shit) but it's because of how kids metabolize the drug, and how it's different from how adults do the same. Some kids also get hyperactive from benadryl which has the normal effect of being a sedative.

Also, I have a question for you potheads. I have an excellent drug resource book that includes a page on marijuana, and it says that weed sells on the street for about $10 / gram. Is that remotely accurate? It's a Canadian reference.

7. Proverbs

Proverbs
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You can't do prices like that. Weed prices vary depending on location, quality, supply/demand. Where I'm from, for example, you can get two kinds of weed. There's brick/cheap/n****r weed that you can get for around $5 a gram, and then there's quality weed, Purple Kush for example, and that's $20 a gram. Then there are people who sell 'beasters' which is supposed to be in between and is more like $10 a g. So... prices are all over.

8. Creelmania

Creelmania
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

While there is quite a variance from place to place, or depending on quality of weed, this is generally the rule of thumb.

Everyone I've bought off (I live in a suburb of Vancouver) sells about 2.5 grams or so as 20-bags ($20). When I was in high school and bought tens, they were between 1 and 1.5 grams, depending on the person or quality of weed. Eighths (3.5 grams) sell for about $25 here.

9. DrunkenCokeHead

DrunkenCokeHead
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You guys ever smoke/smoked a coke joint? Might be called "Primo" in the USA.
    To be precise it involves sprikling coke powder over the tabacco/skunk mix and wetting the rolling paper due to the high combustability(sp) of Cocaine.

Just curious of other peoples experiances.

10. TheCookieSaidSo

TheCookieSaidSo
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

With regards to the coke-joint, I've had a couple friends do this to blunts without telling me. They called it a Wubob (sp?). I was kind of disappointed as I didn't feel any higher than normal and I'd just accidentally smoked coke. Whatever.

I dropped acid yesterday. I have three tabs, so I took one because supply around here is very limited. I was insanely happy all day, but unfortunately I didn't have any real deep thoughts or visual distortions. Which is why I saved two for next time. Good times, but I always hate the synthetic pressure on my temples right around the peak.

My friend dropped three festival tabs once and went completely fucking insane. Talked to things that weren't there, almost walked off a twenty-foot rock face without realizing it, shoved dirt in his pants, threw rocks at our friends, etc. It was pretty awesome.

Other than that, I smoke weed all day every day, and have for about two years now. It's really great when you're educated about it and have a reliable connect. For instance, I don't like to get "stoned" or to sit on the couch all day after smoking -- but this is not to say I don't like to wake up and take a bong rip before my shower. So I stock up on both kinds -- the kind I can smoke before bed to help me sleep, and the kind I can smoke in the morning to keep me awake and active all day.

If only I didn't live in a red state...

11. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

For those who haven't heard about the two different strains, they are "Indica" and "Sativa." Indica is the "stoned" sit on the couch go to sleep strain, Sativa is the active one. The both have pros and cons and many cross strains and mixes exist in different proportions. (50/50, 75/25, 25/75, etc.)

I've heard them called Primos (for joints mostly, sometimes with blunts) but around here (NYC area) blunts with coke here are called "Wu-Bangers." I've definitely felt a difference with them, I feel a little higher and the high is different, you can feel the coke. The problem I've found is they tend to go out frequently and have to be relit. They burn super slowly and always remind me of Biggie Smalls in "Who Shot Ya": "Burn slow like blunts with yayo."

12. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mom always said, "Honey, if you take too much acid, your face will get stuck that way."

#132 Nitwit, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As mentioned, it varies by geography and grade. Here are some figures from The Substance Abuse Trends in Texas: June 2009 report. All prices are for pounds:

Hydro in:
    Galveston: $4,600
    Austin: $3,000-4,500
    Dallas: $2,500-6,000
    San Antonio: $3,000-5,000

Commercial grade in:
    Laredo: $140-160
    McAllen: $85-180
    San Antonio: $330-450
    Houston: $280
    El Paso: $200
    Lubbock: $500-600
    Dallas: $300-800

Sinsemilla in:
    Dallas: $750-1,200
    Houston: $300-500
    Galveston: $600

"Popcorn" (a variety grown in the shade under pine trees in Chihuahua that is mostly buds and slightly oily to the touch):
    Dallas: $850

The average price for commercial grade across the state has fallen from $1,600/lb. in 1982 to about $850 in 2008, per the DEA.

14. krusht

krusht
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Are there any long term negative effects of MDMA or LSD? I think I've done way more reading on them than the average person, but it seems like there is a lot of bias in most of the articles. I've read most of the erowid/wikipedia articles on them, but still can't really come to a conclusion. Any of the smart people wanna chime in?

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. Even small and short-term use of MDMA can result in pretty serious depletion of your brain's dopamine reserves, even years into the future. I don't mean Michael J. Fox level of depletion*, but it could result in affective symptoms (i.e. flat demeanour, depression, so forth) depending on how heavy the use is.

*Parkinson's disorder is a result of the death of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra resulting in progressively reduced dopamine levels in the central nervous sytem, resulting in dyskinesias and, oh, nevermind.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm curious to know why you think the articles are biased? Is it because they tend to say "E/MDMA can fuck you up, long term"?

I'm not a scientist or anything, but have had more than my fair share of exposure to brain chemistry and drugs that alter it. (My ex-wife was schizo-affective, bi-polar, and schizophrenic for our 8 year marriage).

I'll tell you this much. The chemistry of the brain is a delicate fucking thing, and whenever you change it artificially, you run the risk of seriously fucking it up. Sometimes it will naturally re-establish an equilibrium, sometimes it won't. Once it's fucked up and has to be artificially adjusted to be "normal", it becomes a moving target, and meds have to be adjusted on a regular basis.

A lot of factors go into that "point of no return", including the purity, dosage, and frequency of the drug use. You've provided details on none of them.

I know for a fact that use of MDMA or LSD can SERIOUSLY fuck you up, no doubt about it. I've seen it happen.

Never mind the fact that the shit you'd normally buy on the street is so much more (or less) than the MDMA or LSD cited in those reports.

17. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Doesn't MDMA work with serotonin not dopamine? I've always thought that as long as you space out your MDMA use to about once every two months or so, to allow your serotonin levels to build back up to normal you will be fine. You start to run into problems when you use it more frequently resulting in massive serotonin depletion leading to things like depression, anxiety disorders, etc.

As far as acid, I've heard it can awaken latent schizophrenia in a tiny percentage of the population. Is that true or just propaganda?

18. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, you've had me digging out two year old notes on the subject. MDMA increases the release of noradrenaline and dopamine, and inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin (to be fair, nearly all street drugs do this). Couldn't say about spacing out the use; depends on how fast your body can build up neurotransmitter stores, the amount you take, individual metabolism, and so forth. The one good reference I've seen was a study on rats; they gave them two doses of ecstasy per day for four days. They then compared the rats to control rats who had been injected with saline. Two weeks later, there was almost no serotonin levels left in the brain. Seven years later, there was still a markedly reduced amount compared to controls; post-ecstasy levels of serotonin in brains often resembles that of clinical depression. There's also degeneration of serotonin nerve terminals. This is not something I'd take lightly.

As for acid (side note: LSD is not actually an acid), my notes say that the only harm that will occur from acid is the harm you will do to yourself by leaping out a window in the middle of a trip. The connection with schizophrenia is probably untrue in how you've phrased it, however, a lot of drugs of abuse do cause effects similar to the positive symptoms of schizophrenia (hallucinations, confabulation, mania, etc). This sort of became the basis for finding treatments for schizophrenia. A lot of anti-psychotics used today are dopamine receptor antagonists, i.e., have the opposite effect of street drugs. I'd say that anyone with a mental illness with those positive psychotic symptoms would have their symptoms worsened by psychotomimetics.

19. krusht

krusht
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Most of the articles on the sites like erowid basically seem to say its okay in moderation, and government type sites say its horrible and will fuck you up for life. I've asked a couple doctors and a few said don't do it ever, and a couple said its fine as long as its pure and done very rarely. Basically, I just don't know who to believe, and don't have a good enough grasp of science to arrive at a conclusion by myself.

As far as why I'm asking the question and my own usage, I used to do lots of MDMA(once every couple weeks), but I realized that wasn't a good idea and pretty much quit. Now I don't do any drugs generally, but I would still like to be able to do MDMA once per year or so, at a music festival that I go to. Although, if its a risk to my longterm health I would rather not. As far as dosage and purity, I'm friends with a big dealer, and am able to get pure MDMA. I usually will just take 100-150 mg.

As far as LSD goes, I can't really seem to find any articles saying that there is much harm in doing it, unless you have history of psychological disorders. But if I recall correctly, one of the scientists here on the old boards posted that they would recommend someone do coke before they recommended someone to do LSD.

20. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Hmm, I had thought the pleasurable effects from MDMA resulted from a massive dumping of serotonin combined with inhibition of the reuptake of that serotonin. Thanks for the info. The one thing that stands out to me in that study is that they were given two doses of ecstasy a day for four days. That's a huge difference from someone who's taking one dose every month or even every weekend. It seems obvious that taking it four days in a row is going to seriously fuck you up. I've taken ecstasy in back to back nights once (at a festival) and the second time I didn't roll as hard as my serotonin had been depleted the previous night. I've known people who combat this by taking increased doses the second night. That's not something I would do again, as I felt way shittier the next day and felt kind of depressed for about a week, whereas usually my ecstasy "hangovers" are limited to one or two days of feeling kind of off.

On the other hand, I have seen one of my best friends roll every night for a week, increasing his dose each day from 1 or 2 pills the first days to about 6 on the last. The following weeks/months he seemed fine and completely normal and he said he didn't feel any different. That man is a freak of nature though, I've stayed out almost all night with him drinking and doing various drugs, only to wake up to him pounding on my door at 9 am to beat the traffic to Six Flags, sweaty cause he'd been playing basketball since 7. For some reason, he has huge tolerances to all drugs and alcohol and I've never seen him suffer any ill effects from this kind of behavior. I don't know how he does it.

edit: As far as acid, I think the most important thing to remember is set and setting. That goes for all hallucinogens. Make sure your in a good mind set, no big worries/stress and in a good environment where your comfortable and safe. Be around people your close with and trust and ideally have a sober (or at least not tripping) trip sitter to watch over you and make sure your ok and don't hurt yourself/anyone.