Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Fight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, May 1, 2015.

?

Who you got?

1. Floyd?

2. Manny?

3. shegirl?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Here's something just for fun...

I'm watching the ESPN pre-fight show and they're talking about all the head games that go on before a fight.

I know I've mentioned before that during the Hagler/Leonard fight I was one of Marvin's bodyguards. I arrived at Caesar's before everyone else and walked past the door guard into Marvin's dressing room. There, on every fucking wall, was graffiti. Just one thing on each wall, and the only one I recall was the mark noting Marvin's actual age (He was several years older then most people thought.) I quickly got a hold of one of the Petronelli's (His managers) and let them know what was going on. Within minutes Caesar's had a crew down there painting the walls before Marvin saw that shit.

The moron that was supposed to be guarding the door had no idea how it happened.

It wouldn't surprise me if Angelo Dundee (Leonard's manager) didn't sweet talk his way in there and do it personally. I met him a few times and he was actually a really likable guy.

As far as who's going to win? I have to go with Mayweather. He's an asshole and waited till Manny was past his prime to protect his "Legacy."

2. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I guess the real question is, anybody got a good stream for it?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

[​IMG]

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So true. I was right boring ass fight.
    And this is why i dont watch boxing. Pacman controlled most the fight and still lost.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There has been a ton of talk about a quick follow-up to try and cash in on the hype... I don't see that happening, at all.

A $300+ million snoozefest.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

180 for mayweather and 150 for pacman. That is so serious money for one fight.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Never mind the PPV rake. Crazy money for a shitty fight.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My pops called this, he knew nothing exciting would happen because they need a second fight to cash in even more. Its all a scam. He knew they wouldn't actually fight, he knew it'd be a decision. Mayweather may be an awful person, but he just put a huge one over an everyone and is taking home a massive paycheck, and after the next fight will do the same

9. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meh, sounds to me like that's pretty much what people expected. I'm not a boxing fan, but I'm pretty sure it would have been impossible for any fight to live up to the hype that surrounded this one, let alone one between two guys half a decade past their primes.

By the way, has any human ever made as much from one event as Mayweather did from this? These numbers are fucking mind boggling.

10. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I was wondering about this but Mayweather's two years older than Manny, so it's not like he's in his prime either. So I'm wondering why so many people are saying this; does Mayweather's style age better than Manny's or something?

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously? Did you watch the same fight? I agree it was boring but Manny controlled nothing. Everyone came in saying he needed to throw and land more punches than Mayweather because Manny is a volume puncher. He did neither and landed a percentage of punches FAR below his average, and even below the average that Mayweather usually holds his opponents too. Don't confuse activity for control. It was boring, but Mayweather had him where he wanted him basically the entire fight.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I voted for Mayweather. When is the fight?

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It'll be interesting to see just how legit his "torn rotator cuff" issue was that was announced just before the fight. Kind of hard to be a power hitter when you have a torn rotator cuff.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That fight sucked. It was boring, and when the next round comes around, I'll give no shits.

15. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm kind of surprised every one is being so pissy about the fight. It was exactly what everyone in the boxing world expected it to be. If anything Mayweather was more aggressive than he usually is. I'm not a huge boxing fan, but I pay moderate attention to it, which I guess is a lot more than most people. While it may not be exciting, you have to respect Mayweather's ability to make good boxers miss. There were a few times when Manny was attacking, got Mayweather into the corner and Mayweather was able to slip a few punches and get back to the center of the ring.

I think this will be the last big boxing main event ever. I don't think they'll be a rematch, because now no one cares. Boxing has been eclipsed by the UFC, and unless a great boxer with a captivating personality comes along they'll probably never be another superstar boxer. That was the final bell toll for boxing, and it was exactly booming.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The only thing that fucking cunt is good for is being punched in the head. The one thing he has left to accomplish is get cancer and die.

17. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a great time to be a UFC fan, lots of cool matches coming up… Aldo/McGregor on July 11 is now "The Fight" in my books. Jon Jones' next match should be really interesting too; I'm predicting a lengthy, calculated back and forth battle. Effective countering will be key, and whoever can keep their focus laser sharp the longest should take it. Personally, I think Jon's lawyers are up for it.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Have to admit, you got me.