Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Friday The 13th WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My favorite memory is probably still SLF's rabid refusal to accept Newtonian physics and banning anyone who pointed out that the plane on the treadmill would take off.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I forget exactly how Tucker found out but I believe it had something to do with military guys saying 1+1 doesn't equal 3.

Basically SG was not military, never was military, and if I remember correctly was either some middle aged dude living by himself or with his parents. Which sucked for TM because he had already bought a bunch of equipment and gone to the SHOT show in Vegas in preparation for going overseas somewhere with SG I think on some Backwater deal. The board was sending SG care packages when he was "at war" but really never was even a soldier. People donated actual money and attached actual emotions to something that was all smoke and mirrors.

Or at least that's how I remember it.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Are you thinking of Reaper?

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Yup. Reaper. Who the fuck was Soylent Green then? I know that's not just a movie.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Come on, dude... he's people.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was pretty amazing, considering he was wrong the entire time. He banned people for being correct. He had pretty much zero knowledge on the subject, right?

7. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've seen Junior's Facebook page, and yeah, his physical appearance is not what I pictured from the stories. But I did think that the stories about him in Sloppy Seconds were pretty damn funny, and better than everything in all of Hilarity Ensues.

8. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll put it this way, his profession was graphic design, and the multitude of people he was arguing against included trained engineers, air force mechanics, and physics PhDs.

9. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was some Gimli look-alike.

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not surprised. Actually, I was mildly surprised that this place survived at all.

Keep in mind that so much of that place was predicated on Tucker fandom or trying to impress him. Even if a lot of the users weren't there as fans (which they were), a bunch of the core mods and admins were mostly there because of Tucker.

Pull out that lynchpin and there was little reason to come over here if Tucker and his cronies weren't already posting. Then you add to that the issue with any community - people come because there are people already there. If you can't gather up critical mass pretty quickly, communities will just shed members and wither.

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sadly, the advice board was login only.

The one exchange that I remember causing me to lose it at work was Bunny telling the girl that they could have a naked pillow fight and try kissing, and KFM saying that Bunny was going to fill her pillowcase with nickels.

On a different note, if anyone is ever considering visiting Asia, Laos has been delightful. Amazing food, great infused whiskeys, friendly people and far fewer attempts to fuck you out of every last dollar than we've seen elsewhere. Luang Prabang was amazing. Kind of sad to be moving on.

12. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm an engineer and I got in that discussion with SLF without being banned. I still believe that SLF was a chick though.

13. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It started as a relatively normal disagreement for the board, which is probably the point in which you engaged in it, but he just reached a point where he decided to die on that hill and started wielding his ban hammer like a drunken Thor.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, uh, yeah, me too. I am totally sad that the "advice board" is the login one that's not archived.

15. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I don't know what I'm doing right, but I can get to the advice board/All-Star threads just fine. What I can't get to is the permanent threads.

16. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Soylent was asked to leave the board because he said he was Special Forces or something similar and it came out that he was actually a truck driver. That was discussed on the mod side, and never came out in public. He was asked to leave.

The soccer player that may have slept with his sister was MoNames. I think he was here for a while.

I was part of the board from 2002 to the end. I found it from a link on Moaddox's website. I never worshiped Tucker and the others, but I did love the message board portion. Most of what I miss were reading and writing funny stories. There were always hours of entertainment to be found. It was moderated so that you had to be literate to post. They kept out the retards. It was an amazing place. I was legitimately sad when it ended. I still think back to it with fond memories of getting me through the terrible hours of the day at my first post college job.

The wahoos, while funny, were basically being a SJW. It was just destroying the life of an idiot, and not a racist idiot.

A lot of people made the jump to this board, they just disappeared after a few months. There was a link to this board after the old one shut down. I always fear that this board will go the way of Freak Safari and eventually dwindle to three people reposting funny things they saw on twitter instead of articulating their thoughts and stories through text. Please keep up the good content people.

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm surprised how well you guys remember that place. I posted there but can't recall anything about the place really. I was there just for the entertainment and to pass time.

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was the first thing I saw on the old board. Was browsing stories on Tucker's site, saw the link to the messageboard, and pretty soon I was reading that meltdown. Hilarious.

Sometimes the moderators were ridiculous (i.e. see above) but like others the fact that posters actually had to use proper grammar and write complete sentences was a plus. The egos and e-hardness were stupid at times but equally a lesson in how to use the internet. Tucker is what drew me to the board in the first place but the diverse membership and collective knowledge kept me around after I stopped caring about whatever he did.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We all miss Scootah.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Funny thing: this board has had a longer run than the RMMB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.