Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

the greatest voice OF ALL TIME

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aetius, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was about to post Gerald McRaney. Maybe not as deep a resonance and talented cadence as Mcshanes but his voice is amazing.

I think he beats out Powers Boothe, though he has a great voice too.

Just one more, probably one of my favorite scenes of his.

#41 Kubla Kahn, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Malcolm Tucker in 'In the Loop' is also fucking amazing.

1:56 is my personal favourite

"Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your 'purview' and Jam it up your fucking shitter with a lubricated horse cock!"

#42 scootah, Oct 13, 2011
  3. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For me Geoffrey Rush and Michael Caine are two of the great voices around.

4. Gatling

Gatling
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

To me this is a no brainer. Will Lyman. He narrates most Frontline Documentaries on PBS and the Most Interesting Man in the World ads.

#44 Gatling, Oct 13, 2011
  5. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Is Ted Williams the greatest voice of all time? No. However, if he wasn't an addict one wonders what he could have been...

#45 Dcc001, Oct 13, 2011
  6. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Geoff Peterson

#46 BL1Y, Oct 13, 2011
  7. TheFarSide

TheFarSide
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Clint Eastwood. Hands Down!

#47 TheFarSide, Oct 13, 2011
  8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hal Riney, a Madison Ave. legend, did his own voiceovers for many of the commercials he wrote and campaigns he created. You may not know the name, but you'll probably recognize the voice. Here is his famous "Morning in America" spot for Reagan's 1984 campaign (granted, a lot of you are too young to remember it/weren't hatched yet).

He also created the ad campaign that launched GM's Saturn division, and sustained it for many years.

He was also the voice of E & J Gallo Wines in the 80s

He was an original.

#48 lust4life, Oct 13, 2011
  9. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Al Pacino's speech starts at 0:54

If I were the man I was 5 years ago, I'd take a flame thrower to this place! Who the hell do you think you're talking to? I've been around you know. I've seen things. There was a? time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these: their arms torn out; their legs ripped off. But, there is nothing like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is, no prosthetic for that.

#49 scootah, Oct 13, 2011
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I still think this dude should be President of The United States:

...I can watch that 100 times and still fall out of my chair.

#50 Crown Royal, Oct 13, 2011
  11. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Morgan Freeman was mentioned on page 1, but if we are all playing for second I will throw in.

You have to have a hell of a voice to say some of the ridiculous shit that came out of his mouth on a weekly basis, and make it funny.

Having more charisma than the entirety of some medium sized countries probably doesn't hurt your cause either.

#51 McSmallstuff, Oct 13, 2011
  12. tempest

tempest
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Can't get it to embed:

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/14MwxfiPHVY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/14MwxfiPHVY</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/mAONYTMf2pk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/mAONYTMf2pk</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Anderson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Anderson</a>

13. suapyg

suapyg
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Warm, indeed.

#53 suapyg, Oct 27, 2011
  14. Bong McPuffin

Bong McPuffin
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

There are 3 people I'd nominate for the best voice of all time.

First off is a serious nomination...

John Goodman

[​IMG]

Sure, he looks like he should've died 35 years ago from acute Arby's poisoning, but the man has the voice of an angel. A very fat angel.

He hasn't really said anything important or interesting as far as I can tell... maybe because I did absolutely zero searching for anything, but that doesn't matter. The dude just has an epic voice... and it was best wielded in The Big Lebowski shouting FUCK every few minutes... but is just generally pleasant to listen to in normal conversation as well.

Second nomination would be Chris Rock...

[​IMG]

...but only on one condition, I like his comedic ideas and jokes, but hes like a broken record and repeats himself far too often. When he says something once, it sounds nice, but repeating the same set-up 8 times to make 8 different jokes with the exact same delivery... it just grates on me, so thats why I no longer watch his comedy specials. But the man sounds nice in regular conversation.

And my third nomination is coming straight out of Compton and is someone that no one here has ever heard of before. No, its not Ice Cube or anyone from NWA or Death Row records....

[​IMG]

That is B-Brazy. Before I say anything about him, I fully agree that gangs are stupid and I despise their existence and its a shame our inner cities are plagued by this kind of poverty and depravity... but... that doesn't mean I can't listen to the music these guys made and learn from them. I am not a wigger, I don't wear hip-hop style clothes or associate with gang members or anything of that sort, I'm just a quiet ass white kid from a ghetto ass suburb.

Anyways. B-Brazy was a member of the Denver Lane Bloods from Inglewood based on the intersection of Century Blvd and Figueroa St. He was a member of the Bangin' on Wax 2 album and the Damu Ridaz albums and had a solo album out as well before he got set-up and killed by some latinos in 2003. The guy had a smooth voice and had great flow in his lyrics, and definitely had the confidence and general presence of being a leader and a good rapper. I always thought, ever since the first time I heard the guy, that he could've been a brilliant rapper had he focused more on music and less on killing anyone wearing blue. Its not very often I listen to a song and go "God damn, that dude had talent!".

Warning: contains swearing and gang references and violence/drugs/etc.

That is one of my favorite songs featuring him and another Blood from Crenshaw Mafia named Lil Hawk who is also a decent rapper. Lil Hawk is the first rapper that you hear and B-Brazy is the second one, they bounce off each other pretty well.

#54 Bong McPuffin, Oct 28, 2011
  15. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Russ Bray, the darts referee. You can hear the two packs a day and 14 year old scotch with enough gravel to fill a driveway. THAT is what a man sounds like.

#55 Viking33, Nov 5, 2011
  16. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bow down to David Warner. The pure awesome starts at 1:02.

#56 Volo, Nov 5, 2011