Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Homesteading Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Popped Cherries, Mar 23, 2020.

1. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The deer are getting a little too comfy eating old apples, so it’s a good thing we planned on pressing cider on Sunday. We’ll have a bottle or three to freeze for sure:

IMG_7393.jpeg

2. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In addition to our apples and those my Dad grew, we got some apples from a nearby orchard that had been closed a couple years. ( Beautiful place too, and was doing a great business until New York’s fucking laws and regs caused the owners to throw their hands in the air and move. I guess they’re selling it now. )

We got about 15 gallons or so of cider on Sunday:

IMG_7402.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

IMG_7406.jpeg

This was a family affair, including our sons’ girlfriends helping for the first time. I was laughing as I pulled in at my parents house and everyone was sitting in front of the barn. I got out of my truck humming “The Walton’s” theme song and asked if today was “Mary Ellen’s quilting party too.

When we were done we divided it up and everyone got what they wanted. Ours is in the freezer for later this winter.