Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official 2015 TiB Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Popped Cherries, Jul 22, 2015.

?

Who wins?

1. Angry Beavers

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Mr. McGibblets

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I Have No Legs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Prom Night Dumpster Babies

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Missing Fingers

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Blue Drees Jr.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everyday I'm Russlin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Pelagic Milt

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  9. InGlorious Staffords

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  10. The Shwartz is with me

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two things here. Everyone picked up James Jones after the draft because he wasn't on a team. I bet zyron really feels it on the actual football side because his actual team the Giants just let JJ go for nothing and it's not like they're overloaded with WR talent. Also at some point JJ is going to return and get those points to. I think this will work out, especially if Davonte Adams keeps having ankle issues.

No one should be taking this personally, except, Nom, MoreCowbell, Zyron and Rob4Broncos.

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

James Jones asked for his release from the Giants cause he saw he wasn't going to play ahead of Beckham, Randle and soon Cruz. So no, I don't really feel it at all.

And why do people keep offering the most retarded trades? Rashard Jennings and Davante Adams for Andrew Luck? I am a Giants fan and wouldn't want Jennings on my team. Vereen is going to take his 3rd down carries and Williams is going to take his goal line carries.

#242 zyron, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  3. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hear you there zyron- some crazy guy just offered me Dan Carpenter for Jamaal Charles. Like, I know I'm a bills fan but cmon

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haha, how did I get lumped into this? So you took a trade other than mine. That's just business. I'm just surprised you couldn't get a better return for Russ, seeing as you're 0-2 with no running backs.

This trade will be 10x funnier to the rest of us when Tom Brady gets Pollarded.

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You shut your whore mouth.

6. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Welp, I sure am glad that I get to be a small part of Devonta Freeman's career defining day.

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Cardinals, as a general rule, can suck my uncircumcised cock. But goddamn, their defense. Also, Tyrod Taylor just passed for his 3rd score. Anybody need a qb?

8. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No kidding. I figured they'd feast, but goddamn that stat line is brutal. The Cardinals seem like the real deal this year on all fronts. Great match, good sir. Or it would have been, had my own team showed up.

I can't help but laugh at myself for getting in my own way. Last week, I sat Allen Robinson's 32.5 points because hey, Miami ought to be good against the pass, right? This week, I played Robinson on general principle (because I refuse to be burned like that 2 weeks in a row) and a tough Stevie Johnson matchup against the Vikings, instead of a Frank Gore bounceback week and a very favorable Rishard Mattews matchup at home against Buffalo. Oh, and I picked up Minnesota's D on waivers, only to drop them in favor of the Browns at home against shitty Oakland (whose offense is notoriously terrible on the road). Between those three misplays, I cost myself 46.3 additional points (as I write this, I have 53.85). I'd be upset if it weren't so funny.

I'm 1-2, but I could be 0-3 just as easily as I could be 3-0. I can't help outsmarting myself like I'm Chip Kelly playing checkers against a foggy mirror.Is this what playing fantasy football is all about? It's been years since I played.

#248 Rob4Broncos, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  9. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

I hear you- this week is bull crap! I started the wrong Alfred in the JV League (Morris over Blue), and now I only have 193. I wanted to hit 200, damn it!

Pretend football is the worst!

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to maintain my Belichickian tone in this thread, but the way Tom and the line is playing, but that's not a concern. He's getting the ball out of his hand in 1.89 seconds. That's insane.

What should be a concern is my opponent who left Davonte Freeman on the bench where he put up 41 points. That just unfortunate. Unless James Jones dies tonight, looks like I'm about to take out the king.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell... Dumpster has got Cobb, and I'm a huge GB fan... so I'm torn between wanting Cobb to fuck off and die vs. have the Pack kick some ass.

I think I'm fucked.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Die in a fire.

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 12.04.23 AM.jpg

13. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Having a hard time doing anything else but laugh at this win.

14. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To use a Parkerism (I'm guessing here) I tripped over my own dick this week. I considered starting him, I really did, but I thought I knew better. Yup, I'm that overthinking dumbass.

15. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, I was a lost cause as soon as davonte freeman and steve smith suited up for my opponent. Bring on week 4.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you want him to die in a dumpster fire? And wait until tomorrow to curse the gods, there is still time for minor point corrections.

Also, finally got my first win of the year taking out the top spot and last year's champion. Feels good to get a W but I'm already looking to Week 4. Already have waiver wire requests in for some guys to stream for next week. Need to get through my Patriots Bye week before settling in for the long haul. James Jones, even though everyone wanted to give me shit for it, did me pretty good this week with 25 points. Let's keep this going.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Seems fitting.

18. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Dumpster Fire consumes all it touches.

[​IMG]

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I could find out a friend got injured in an accident and it MIGHT be as sad as seeing the Waiver Wire claim unsuccessful notices.

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmm, got my first choice players at three different positions with a lower waiver priority than you. I can give you lessons if you'd like, Parker.