Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official 2016 TiB Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Popped Cherries, Aug 3, 2016.

1. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who are you in the league?

Good game last night. Forte rocked, McCoy not so much.

2. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seriously, you guys are giving David Johnson to MoreCowbell now? Is this becoming a funny tradition where everyone gives him great players for laughs?

4. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get the trade from a logistical standpoint, but just who it's going to is a fucking disaster. Come to me if you wanted to dump Johnson. I've got plenty on my team for you to eat.

Edit* The addition of Fitz just kind of sucks a fat dick to be honest.

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love the trade offers I get. A RB who is going to lose his job in a week, a WR who I wouldn't pick up if he was a free agent and Alshon Jeffrey for Decker and Melvin Gordon.

Sure, that sounds great.

6. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The season doesn't truly start until someone makes a trade with me that the rest of the league is mad about.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have no clue about what is or is not a good trade, other than the fact that anything proposed by you should be summarily declined.

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I banked on Peterson and Johnson carrying my team, bad choice by me obviously because Peterson is apparently made of glass.

So sitting at 0-2 with the prospect of getting 90 points a week and losing every week or blow the team up and shoot for 120 points a week by a team full a mid level guys I chose to blow the team up.

The rest of you feel free to block the trade, it isn't going to hurt my feelings, I love how blocking trades is the least used move in fantasy. In my other league we do it all the time, in this league has it ever happened?

9. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Why would you block trades? I mean, if both people agree to it, what's the problem? I've never understood that stance, unless there's blatant collusion, just let people run their teams the way the deem fit. Most of the times I've heard people try to back blocking trades, it's because they're upset they didn't make the deal themselves.

10. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's more the consolidation of power on one team making them almost unbeatable week to week. As I said before, the trade on it's own isn't bad, just who it's going to and what the rest of their team looks like after the trade is complete.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On that note, you know you got absolutely robbed by nom chompsky, right?

Translation:

[​IMG]

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

IMO blocking trades is for collusion/accidents/people who were taken advantage of.

If two people just value players differently, that's kind of on them.

And obviously I like my side of the Fitz trade BUT there's a solid chance crowell is better so, I wouldn't call it a MoreCowbell trade. Also I should have traded Woodhead when I had the chance

rip weed man :(

13. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We missed the boat on that one. Word to the wise, don't trust your warm fuzzy feelings you have toward players because they remind you of folks who gave you a good time in the past.

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Johnson is on the block, not sure what happened to my trade but either way I need two decent RB's.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah this is BS, man. Since it said the trade didn't go through because your roster "exceeded max size", my best guess is that you dropped the player that you had designated to drop via waivers (which shouldn't even be allowed? I'm not sure how that even happened). But as far as I am concerned, this was an agreed-to trade that passed vetoes so it absolutely should have gone through.

16. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I pretty much agree with the above. It passed veto, it was a legit trade and should go through as such. Since it can't go through this week as some players have already played, resend the trade request and it should process by next Tuesday.

For the future with anyone trading, if you are going to do a 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 trade, make sure you have a bench spot available or if you include a player to drop in the trade agreement, don't drop the player through other means or it will void the trade when it's trying to be processed.

17. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm fine with that, I would have thought it would have asked me which player I wanted to drop to accommodate the trade.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Nice to see the Pack looking a bit more on the ball today.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, this week fucking sucked. Didn't notice that one of my guys wasn't even playing.

Thankfully I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT FANTASY FOOTBALL.

I'm going to go drink now.

Oh, congrats, @Hoosiermess ... feel free to blow a goat in celebration.

20. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweet monkey jesus. Never mock my drafting or waiver work again. 177 points would earn me money in DFS, let alone win a weekly matchup in a season league. I'd ask Parker for advice on how to shit talk, but he's only ever done it from behind. Also, he doesn't post here any more. Shit, I thought my 144 against Cowbell was good, then I looked at the other league. Eat my nuts this week, guys. I'm sure I'll be putting up 70 points, next week...