Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official TiB Fantasy Football Leagues Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kinsey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How about Beanie Wells in the third round?

And If given the choice between Shaub and Orton for the rest of the year, I'd take Shaub. A Hundred times out of a hundred. His best receiver is just getting back from an injury an Orton is playing way over his head. Plus Moreno is due back from an injury within a week or two, which will help their running game and cut back on Orton's pass attempts.

In other words, you sold WAY low and bought WAY high.

2. aotke1110

aotke1110
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I though it was too good to be true when I first saw the trade. But, if Mike is high on Orton and Hillis, who am I to stand in his way.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My third round pick was DeSean Jackson, as soon as Vick went down so did DJ's production. As for the trade look:

Kyl;e Orton is the number three scoring fantasy player overall. I have him around 119 points in my CBS league. As for sticking with Schaub, why? Regardless of AJ's injury there is a guy with the last name Foster who seems to be the offensive focal point. Schaub is throwing less and less, and using guys like Kevin Walter a little more because AJ is double teamed.

Trust me I don't have an Orton jersey on right now I realize I took a monster risk and probably didn't get AP's full value. However who else really needed to trade other than me? I've been doing fantasy for years and we all know you have to play to win one week at a time. The other trade I put in for was for Rothlisberger, Gates, and someone esle. I doubt i would have got it because Gates has more points than most RB's right now.

In my experience in fantasy seldom is a trade completely 100% fair on both sides. It is usually done to address needs. I HAD to upgrade QB, I HAD to upgrade TE, and Peyton Mills and Adrian Peterson are almost identical in scoring. I took a chance, a dice roll on a white RB trust me I know it!!! Christ I'm 1-4 though!

Also wouldn't you guys have held on to Crabtree and dumped TO? Crabtree finally broke out and hopefully emerges as a stud.

4. aotke1110

aotke1110
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I agree, your in dire straights. Schaub heating up in a month does you no good if your 1-7 at that point. I obviously have no objection to the trade. I think people just see AP and freak out.

5. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It's a bad trade, if nothing else that should be evident as one side said they saw it and immediately thought it was "too good to be true". There's really no reason to break it down as it seems unlikely that enough people are paying attention to this league to veto it, so enjoy your new players.

6. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If by one side you mean three people than yes you would be correct.

7. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I mean "one side" as in the other side of the deal, who clearly posted that quote at the top of the page.

8. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think it's dumb too, but my philosophy on trade vetoing is that it has to be collusion to veto. When I saw the trade, I thought...well, maybe they've agreed to split the winnings for the team that's not 1-4...but I didn't vote against it since I sincerely believe Mike just panicked that badly.

9. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I've got some depth at WR and am looking for an upgrade at RB. I've got Andre Johnson, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Austin Collie, and Danny Amendola. Willing to deal any one of those. What do you think of Hakeem Nicks or Percy Harvin for MJD? Or Austin Collie for Jamaal Charles? I'm not too interested in McFadden or Lynch considering they wouldn't really be much of an upgrade over Shonn Greene.

10. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is anyone else having problems with logging into the league? In my profile it says I don't have any teams. What the fuck.

11. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I am too. Except it shows my team/league but when I go to access it I get "an error has occurred while processing your request"

12. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Yea, the whole NFL.com fantasy system shit the bed.

13. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    It seems to be working now, since I was able to log in and view my team (and see I'd beaten dubyu tee eff. Sorry dude).

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who has two thumbs and just won by 1.46 points?

THIS GUY

Suck on that one, Chater.

15. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was this week's worst team with a whopping 69.78 points. Oof. At the very least, I think it might be time to part ways with SD's defense.

16. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

All I needed was 8.5 out of VY, felt real good after that 60yd + td opening drive. Yoink! Thanks knee injury! (And bonehead decision to bench maclin for randy moss)

17. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, in the free league, I may be off to one of my usual very-slow-starts-turns-into-playoff-run. Ahead of the top team in the league right now, and next week, it is Chater's turn. One year I started 0-4 and went on to win the league. The next, I started 1-4, and went on to come in 2nd.

I'm in four leagues. I'm in 1st place in 2 leagues, I'm on the move up in one (the TiB league) and I'm 2-5 in my last, grasping at straws for the playoffs. Ah well, can't win 'em all.

18. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I'm happy just at having won 3 matchups in the TiB free league, since I'm a complete rookie.

My team this week sucked balls. I had a few good players on byes. and Forte didn't score me fuckall.

19. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Chater I sent you a trade offer in the paid league, so make sure to check it out. I know it's kind of hidden so I just wanted to make sure you saw it whether you like it or not.

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Men, many of you are probably not happy with your line-up for this has been a crazy year. However nobody's looks like this:

Kyle Orton
    Marion Barber
    Mike Hart
    Mike Crabtree
    Roscoe Parrish (yeah that's right)
    Buster Davis
    Chris Cooley

between injuries and bye weeks this may be the worst line up I have put in in my history of playing fantasy football.

*Next year I'm drafting wideout after wideout. Although my strategy of drafting Barber and Forsett to trade worked perfectly!