Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official TiB Fantasy Football Leagues Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kinsey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what makes me ill? Looking on Monday morning and seeing that I only have 45.6 fantasy points.

You know what makes me feel better though? Needing only 33.01 to win and having Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne taking on the WORST secondary in football.

The two of them could combine for 60 tonight, never mind 33. The Rape-O-Drome rolls on.

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, Rodgers fucked me pretty good, and my decent RBs are on Bye, or you'd need more than 33. I still have hope...

3. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Believe me, I hear that. Britt getting hurt before catching a pass, Bradshaw and Nicks, my top RB and WR being out... not good stuff.

4. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Can we ban anyone who signed up for the free league this year and chose to completely bail on their team from participating in future fantasy leagues of any kind? (or more specifically NFL ones, if you want to be nice). Fucking redbullgreygoose literally hasn't changed his lineup all season. God's of War is undoubtedly getting a win next week in the free league because of this. I wish we could vote to dissolve the teams of people like this and let their players become free agents.

5. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fucking shit, there's a really good chance I'm going to lose... FUCK

EDIT: Awww come on, 2.08 points? Fuuuuuuck.

But all my best players have already had their bye weeks. Time to get back to winning. My fantasy hockey teams are all bombing so I need this cash...

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck, I was putting a brave face on it. I was sure you had me.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Of course, if I'd put in Washington and Amendola instead of Crayton and Moss, I would have smoked you, even with my QB on the fritz and my good RBs MIA.

I may not be doing so bad. What do you call the rape-o-drome when it gets raped?

L

7. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Suck it, Chater!

Please don't ban me...

8. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bask in your glory while you can young man. I'll waive to you in the losers bracket from my spot atop the league when the playoffs begin.

NUPS: You've been called to the carpet. Battle for first place. My team is pissed that we lost this week and these boys will rally behind me.

9. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess I have to root for my Giants to throw to Smith and run with Jacobs this week then.

10. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is why you do the Paid league. RBGG likes drugs not sports.

11. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're a Giants fan and you drafted Jacobs even though Bradshaw had been named the starter a few days before our draft and Bradshaw was taken after Jacobs?

Way to be.

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I was just saying I hope the Giants keep giving the ball to Jacobs in the red zone and throw to Smith instead of Nicks because you have those players. I just have the Giants Def on my team.

13. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really dude? Really? You had to ruin my perfectly good trash talk? That was a good one and you fucked it up. Asshole.

14. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sorry dude. I sucked, so I gave up. It is after all, a FREE league. I wouldn't be opposed to dissolving myself either.

Good point. But don't be a bitter betty you self-identify with the worst organization in professional sports. You can/will deny it, but it's plain as day you're still pissed.

edit: My roster is now bone dry. Good luck to the rest of the league, I'm out. Sorry.

15. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, I get that you feel you don't have a chance, but here is the point:

When you sign up for a fantasy football league, you make a commitment. Not necessarily to be good, but you do commit 5 to 10 minutes a week to make sure that you have a viable lineup in place, every week, for 16 weeks. In other words, even if you're out of contention, you don't just 'give up.' You still go in and take 5 to 10 minutes a week to make sure all of your positions are filled. Honestly, it doesn't take more than 10 minutes a week.

By pulling everyone, it just gives anyone who still has to play you (which includes 3 of the top 4 teams, with Vanilla being the lone exception) an advantage, in that it guarantees them a win. By at least throwing together some semblance of a lineup (meaning make sure all of your roster spots are filled with guys who aren't on bye weeks or injured), you are making sure that you're not just handing wins to other teams, and thus fucking over anyone who isn't fortunate enough to play you after you've given up.

I mean, I honestly expected at least one to two dead teams in this league, so don't take this as a personal attack or anything. I just wanted you to know why people in that league might be annoyed with your decision.

Also, keep in mind that this is coming from someone who actually benefits from your decision (I face you in week a couple of weeks and hence I get a free win). Vanilla is one of my main competitors (he is currently in 3rd, I'm in 4th), and by giving me a free win and with Vanilla NOT getting a free win, it actually works out to my benefit.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I agree with D26. You might be losing as I've been getting my ass handed to me, but its only 10 minutes. I have no idea how you could spend more than 10 minutes on it if you tried.

17. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Gotcha, but the only person to not benefit from facing me (from week one, to the end) was Idiot's Infinite Loop who lost to me in week one. The only other win I had was against dubyu tee effs, who is also in last place in his division*. Every other team that played mine was given the benefit of a free win for the season.

Still, I understand it's a bitch move to quit no matter what. But on the same token, I'm last in my division in a league no one has lost standings for facing me in. With the exception of week one, depending.

*It's not like he has a chance anyways

edit: Also, you definitely won't have to worry about me competing next year. Although that's not connected to my performance this year.

18. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Irony: I am Idiot's Infinite Loop.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You never ever don't put a line up in, ever. It hurts the integrity of FF even if it's for free. Basically you are saying, "well I tried and didn't like it but oh well." How do you know how the season will end? You don't think one game could make or break a season cause one team to make the playoffs or not? You think any of these members would be pleased if they missed the playoffs because the team that got the free win placed higher than them? . You admit it's a bitch move then constantly defend yourself by saying it only hurt you blah, blah, blah. You are the equivalent to a girl. Stay out of the sports thread and return to the thread in which you are most active, The Drug Thread.

20. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just cause I think I need to say something:

Redbullgreygoose dropped all of his players (except Mendenhall, who I am assuming is on the can't cut list). Naturally, this can really, really fuck things up. I'd be lying if I said I didn't put in some waiver moves for some of them, but it'd also be bullshit to not alert people that this happened. Chater, can we get a ruling here? Not sure what to do in this situation. Some of the names are pretty decent guys:

Hines Ward
    Kyle Orton
    NYG Defense
    Brandon Lloyd
    Randy Moss
    Chester Taylor
    Chad Henne
    Josh Freeman

Just haven't run across this particular situation ever before.