Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official TiB Fantasy Football Leagues Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kinsey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is not the area to spill this into. You and I both know why you're bitching: because you and the fans you associate with are loud mouth cock suckers. Now you're overcompensating for that fact, bitching at me because I called you out on it and you can't get every other sports fan to agree with your sentiments. Way to break the stereotype. NOT FOR HERE. Continue to bitch about how the Phillies were the better team even though the Giants beat them all you like in the MLB thread. If you want to do it there, fine. But in this thread I'll ignore you for the belligerent cocksucker you and all your other friends are. Same for the drug thread, there's one for that too.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, what you did is shameful. Dropping all of your players is awful. I have no problem debating fandom with you and honestly one has nothing to do with the other. You quit, you gave up and ruined a league for people. It's not fair to get top tier players on your roster because you quit, if you don't think so I'll be curious to see what the rest of your league and the commish says.

In the meantime I have come up with new team names for your fantasy football squad feel free to use anyone you'd like.

1. Took My ball and went home.

2. Berets and fannie packs.

3. Picked last in gym class

4. My varsity letter was in color- guard

5. Football is too violent

**D26 is a philly fan?***

3. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK NO!

Sorry, gag reflex.

I'm a fan of the following teams:

MLB: White Sox (and I will root for the Cubs, as long as they are not playing the White Sox)
    NFL: Bears (and I will root for the Colts, as long as they are not playing the Bears)
    NBA: Chicago Bulls
    NHL: Blackhawks (sorta, I only loosely follow them, even after the Stanley Cup win... I won't bandwagon and say I've always been a huge fan)
    College: Purdue (fuck you, I know they suck at football)

4. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well until we hear otherwise, these players are up for waivers. Essentially going to be a mini midseason draft.

5. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

At least this is gonna allow some evening out of the league.

6. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe you guys should dry out your vaginas and stop playing in free fantasy leagues.

7. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe you should stop and think for a second to realize that some of these guys might be in pay leagues already. For example, one of them (me) is in 3 pay leagues already, two for $40 and another for $20. You should also realize that not everyone can shell out $150 a year for gambling on fantasy football (I'm a college student for fuck sake).

Perhaps you should realize that some of the people in this league have never played before, and didn't want to just give away $50 because they wanted to try something new out.

Maybe some people weren't necessarily comfortable being in a pay league with people they've only met via an internet message board.

Perhaps you should realize that just because you didn't pay to be in a league doesn't mean it can't be competitive, or that people won't still be somewhat motivated to win.

Or maybe you should know that the proper plural of vagina is vaginae.

You should also know that I really just wanted an excuse to include that link in a post.

8. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Simmer down there Sally.

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey Sherwood easy now. Direct all your anger and insults and Redbullgaygoose, he is the one who quit.

Given free leagues are nothing to really get upset about but a guy who just dumps all his players onto the waiver wire? What a homo. Chater you should really ban him for a day.

I think the reason I am most bitter is how much better his team is than mine, and I of course am in the paid league.

Mendenhall, Orton, Lloyd, and he gave up? If we have a sissy of the year award on TIB I nominate him.

10. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Agreed. It's not like he was running a shitty roster. A couple of trades and he'd have probably been playoff bound. He drafted Orton, Favre (would have had value before week 1), Chad Henne, Lloyd, Royal, Hines Ward, Randy Moss.... That is not a roster you look at and go "fuck this". He had 4 QBs. Trade two of them! Man, I missed my draft in another league, and drafted a full roster, then an entire bench of RBs. I've traded, waivered, etc my way to a 2nd place team. The only team beating me has a crazy roster. I'm onboard with this banhammer idea.

11. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

No problem, actually worked out better because almost all my backs are on bye this week so I needed him yet.

12. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ban him, neg rep him, make ruthless, ruthless fun of him. This is like violating guy code.

Or maybe in the paid league we should just give me Brandon Lloyd.

13. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[redacted by Chater]
    So good luck for the rest of the season.

14. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Can one of you explain to me why, in a 12 team league, the #3 team managed to get Kyle Orton off waivers?

#255 Vanilla, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's be honest, in the paid league I (Deez) am about to get roundly housed. Fucking injuries and bye weeks. Someone offer me a trade.

17. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, I mean fucking wow. I thought I put up quite a shitty line-up last week, but a Forsett, Sproules combo is tough to beat.

Because we are friends, because we go way back I will offer you Mark Sanchez for Aaron Rodgers. In honor of John Locke and the Lost Thread, I'll throw in Michael Crabtree.

Wait a second Jordy Nelson?? He's projected to get 15 points!!!!

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As we're friends and all, I can tell you kindly to go ahead and get fucked for a trade involving Aaron Rodgers. I'm a Vikings fan through and through, but Rodgers is money.

19. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, a few people used their waiver pickups the day before all the goodies from redbullgreygoose's team became available, so that moved them to the end of the waiver line.

After that, it was just a matter of order. Jets22 added Lloyd (bastard), I had the next get and I got Knowshon (my RB group is banged up), Rex Ryan's FUPA took Josh Freeman (over Orton? Okay, I guess...), and The Beef Curtain Defense ended up with Randy Moss. I think the real question is this:

How did the number 1 team in the league end up with Randy Moss?

I shouldn't complain. I ended up with a major defensive upgrade (NYG), a new (albeit sort of crappy) RB (Moreno), and a new WR (Hines Ward). Also ended up grabbing Vince Young to be my backup QB (I think Moss will do him a lot of good).

#259 D26, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, best e-mail ever.

The Reverse Cowgirls
    Jabar Gaffney (WR - DEN)
    Ben Roethlisberger (QB - PIT)

Purple People Eaters
    Greg Jennings (WR - GB)
    Sam Bradford (QB - STL)

You guys managed to pull off the most boring trade in fantasy football history.

Also. I'd like to thank Steaming Nups for starting Brett Favre this weekend, nothing like being able to root against Favre to make for an enjoyable Sunday.