Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official TiB Fantasy Football Leagues Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kinsey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

(As a Vikings Homer) Fucking FUCK FUCK FUCK EVERYBODY, FUCK!

2. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry to disappoint you, but I was just waiting for my waiver pick up of Freeman. I just have to beat the average of 7 or 8 points a game my QBs have been giving me all year for it to be an improvement.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe I couldn't get Josh Fucking Freeman off waivers. Now I have Mark Sanchez, hooray.

4. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This. Have we decided between 4 or 6 teams for the playoffs? This decision should have been finalized before the season, because now, both a league vote or the sole vote of the Commish will be a biased decision related to your own team. So, what's the deal?

5. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Waiver Priority #11. Fuck. I'm hoping I can still pick up a WR...

6. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the PAID league how fucking annoying is it that Nups is in first place?? He is tied for eleventh in scoring???

I guess he is winning with defense.

Anyway I intend on being here next year and we need a ton of changes. Waiting two or three days for a trade to go through is just stupid.

7. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Ha, Nups is tied with me in scoring, and I'm in dead last. Them's the breaks.

I don't mind the 2-day trade window, but I think waivers processing on thursday is annoying, I've never been in a league when it was that late in the week. I'm also more of a fan of rotating waiver priority, but I guess I can't complain having had 1st priority every single week of the season.

I could handle 6 playoff teams over 4 as well, at this point I'm just playing out the season hoping to spoil things for someone else, no real incentive to compete otherwise.

8. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ahem. He's in second place.

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's first in his division.

Agreed on waivers -way to fucking long.

10. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was waiting for someone to point out my scoring. I got very lucky two weeks. The first I was losing by 21 pts on a monday and put the Giants def in. That is the week they went off for 10 sacks and scored 22 pts. Then a couple weeks ago I was up like 3.5 pts and the only player left was my opponents kicker. Their team only hit one FG and I won.

11. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Again with the stupid waiver rule. Also whoever dropped Vernon Davis? Are you retarded? I'm glad the cowgirls got him, they aren't very good. Good god.

12. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not to be a dick, especially after that hit. But whoever rejected my trade for Collie in the free league... THANK YOU

13. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Stupid fucking Jesus whore fondling Christ.

If someone would have told me before the year was out that I would have Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, and Maurice Jones Drew on my team, I would have been pretty fucking excited. Somehow, I'm 2-6, soon to be 2-7. I think this season is over.

14. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The 1 FG out of the kicker was me.

I really don't like the waivers resetting every week based on the standings. It means that if you have a good team, you're pretty much completely fucked, and if it's someone you want to pick up because YOUR guy got hurt, you're still fucked (AHEM Kevin Kolb-Mike Vick).

15. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No you have to keep it that way. What it means is that if you have a good team you don't need waiver wire help. If you have an injury you can trade, or hopefully you had drafted a back-up. QB's especially always have a fill in, (I used Mark Sanchez this week) The idea is to help 0-3 teams stay competitive otherwise you can run into some fag (I won't bring up his name) who crys and quits because his team is not winning.

The issue is the monstrous wait time for waivers and trades, speed that shit up.

We all now we are switching sites (NFL network is awful) next year so if people are happy with the league we can continue to build on it. The one thing NFL had that was attractive was the draft, that was quick, easy and efficient.

16. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'd rather have people rewarded for having fantasy football skill than rewarded for being terrible to keep them interested.

17. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your missing the point, it's to keep the league competitive. A guy can't help a bad draft sometimes. Who knew Marion Barber, Larry Fitzgerald, Matt Schaub, Randy Moss ect....wouldn't perform?

Would you like to see LT's rape case get first waiver pick every week so he could end up with Brandon Lloyd and Brandon Jackson? Not to mention first waiver pick does not always translate to best pick up. I doubt Kyle Orton and Peyton H. flew off the wire but they have become studs.

Also rewarding "skill" with a waiver is kind of stupid isn't it? Seeing a ton of it happens to be luck? I would rather see everyone have a chance no matter what shape their team is in.

18. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Uh, in no system does the team in first place get the first waiver pick every week. It's whoever hasn't used their waiver pick in the longest time. If you want your team to be competitive and you somehow have had the world's unluckiest draft, do research and make shrewd moves, don't rely on some sort of Fantasy Football welfare. That's retarded. Fantasy Football isn't about everyone having an equal team...then the playoffs would be complete luck. Fantasy Football is about who knows more about football. The best teams shouldn't be fighting an uphill battle all season.

19. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

mrwarden is right. This system we're using rewards incompetence. You're not supposed to set up rules in order to keep people interested, that's why you play for money. There is nothing worse than a fantasy system that is supposed to make it more inclusive, fuck that. You're supposed to weed out the terrible players early on. All season long I've had the last waiver priority and that shit aint right, I get punished for drafting well and finding good sleepers? Bullshit.

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait a second I thought it was by standings? Meaning the team in last place get's first waiver on the week? Of course if they go they get put to the bottom of the list. If it's not that way I stand corrected, however when you have an unlimited transaction league you have to have the person who made a pickup go to the back of the line.

Save your "shrewdness" crap. People who pay attention and do research have a legitimate advantage, someone who may have taken a gamble and traded Randy Moss for Hakeem Nicks again well done, but much of it is luck.

Basically if the waiver order does not keep going with standings you have a league where the good get's better and the worst get worse, how is that fun?

I am in a league when it goes by previous week scoring, meaning you could be 6-1 but if you put a stinker that week you get number one waiver priority we have found that to be good. Especially when a guy has a number one position go down.