Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official TiB Fantasy Football Leagues Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kinsey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So... I was feeling pretty good before the Giants game started.

Ahmad Bradshaw with .2 halfway through the third... yikes.

2. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Whoever's the Beef Curtain Defense in the free league. I can't believe I beat you after the start you had. Vernon Davis and Randy Moss really fucked your day up.

3. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah six is a lot better than four, especially with a twelve team league.

4. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fucking Hakeem Nicks. Goddammit. Thank fuck I have Vincent Jackson back in the Chargers lineup this week. He had best get a running start or I can see the playoff chase getting a bit more complicated for myself. I was clean of major injuries (except Gates) all season, and now Nicks goes down and Gates still isn't back in. I've just gotten lucky with backups. I don't see that lasting long though.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I was down by 2.9 against whoever Warden Redskins is. Patrick Crayton's 105 yds and a TD (so far) have made up for that.

6. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unfortunately Kyle Orton decided to pick the week I needed a measly 15 points from him to shit the bed.

7. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

For Fuck's sake. Could my schedule get any worse in the free league? the next 3 weeks are against everyone at the top of the league. Why the hell didn't I get two games against Captain fucknuts and his one player yet everyone else in my division did? Playoffs are gonna be a tight squeeze, especially with Nicks out.

8. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hakeem Nicks out, Bradshaw in a slump, Manning 7 int's in two games? LT slowing down?

Could this be the unraveling of LT's rape case?

in other news will Chater ever answer the playoff question? Seriously dude you can't be commissioner next year it takes you 8 years to answer anything. I'm guessing we are going with 4 teams?

9. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes.

10. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hahaha. And now I get him for free off waivers when he's likely one week away from healthy? I love it.

11. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just barely going to miss the playoffs in the free league. There are, unfortunately, only 4 playoff teams, and I'm going to come in 5th. Damn. Next year, I'll play for money, as long as there aren't a ridiculously small number of playoff teams.

12. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anybody willing to bet the SEC has a losing record in the Bowls this year?

13. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think I should make Free league playoffs. I just have to hope that my receivers get healthy in the next little bit. It would be nice if my QBs didn't shit the bed too...

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Victory over Chater this week (thank you, Sidney Rice) has garaunteed me a spot in the money league playoffs. I think.

I should be the number three seed after this weekend, and I'm playing Arms Akimbo next week. What with a good portion of my team still motivated by playoff chasing, I'm looking forward to how it pans out.

15. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I need 8.5 pts between Tomlinson, Holmes and Shayne Graham over the final quarter of this game. Graham is about to get at least one... A win should put me in first place.

Please Jets? Please?

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are not guaranteed a spot. It comes down to Me (Nups), you, Frank and Beans, and Fant Fucking Tastics. If me and/or you win, we are in. Frank and Beans and Fucking Tastics play each other so the loser is out.

So it is 3 teams for 2 spots. If me and you lose than it comes down to whoever has most points so it is me and you for the last spot. Right now you have 7 more pts this season than me.

17. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crap.

18. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Are we still only going to go with 4 teams for the playoffs in the money league? I'm still on the 6 team boat and would be even if I'm not in the top 6. 4 just seems too few in a 12 team league.

19. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was campaigning for 6 teams all season, as well, but since it hasn't been decided yet I guess we're going with 4 teams. Otherwise, the regular season is over and playoffs start now, without warning.

We needed to make this decision in late August or September, not December. Once you get more than a couple games into the season, opinions become biased based on the individual's team results in the season.

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chater is way to busy to be a commissioner. I have PM'd him and posted on this board about putting six teams in and never got an answer. 4 teams is kind of stupid and doesn't add any drama to the post season.

Truthfully it was a good year and a successful run. We learned that we need to change the site we use, alter waivers, change the trade period ect..... it was still fun therefore next year if we do it again will be that much better.