Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official TiB Fantasy Football Leagues Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kinsey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

There's a strange satisfaction in being the team that won with the lowest amount of points scored. I appreciate it, jets22.

2. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Chater, you know that under settings you can turn off fractional points, right?

3. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

He said as if he was doing us a favor by offering us an injured running back who's out for the season. Haha.

4. c$money

c$money
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

He'd fit in well on Durbanite's team.

5. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuck is wrong with the person I played last weekend. I didn't check my team in the morning, I started both Kenny Britt and Beanie Wells, neither of whom played, and I still won.

Fuck man, that's just pathetic.

6. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Nah, the idiots with higher waiver priority than you still let you get Jackson. Unless they go out and sign someone like Willie Parker to split carries, Jackson will have about the same production I bet.

7. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually no, this is an issue Chater and I are trying to deal with presently. I scored a pathetic 68 points and put in for Jackson, you can imagine my shock when I saw him on a team that scored over 100 points.

I absolutely know that Chater did not cheat, I've never met him but I trust his integrity 100%. I do however think that our waiver wire is terribly flawed. My hunch is that Chater put a request in Sunday evening which gave him the player. First come first serve is a terrible way to do it (why make the teams wait until Thursday??)

I have asked him to e-mail NFL.Com and figure out what the hell is going on. If it was first come first serve so be it, but I want it changed to lowest team score of the week. With unlimited transactions a first come first serve waiver wire would be retarded.

This is for the Paid League.

8. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Under the settings the waiver is set to "Inverse order of standings" so I was wondering how he slipped all the way to Chater myself.

9. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It's not first come, first serve. If it was, there wouldn't be waivers at all.

Personally, I think inverse of standings is just as dumb. The worst team gets the best players every time. Almost makes drafting a good team pointless. Tank for a few weeks, keep benching your stars, get the first few major injury replacements, then start playing for real.

I'm a much bigger fan of going to the back of the line when you use your claim, with the order being the reverse of the draft order to start.

10. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So are we just going to just ignore the whole waiver wire situation? Chater we need to figure this out asap. Not just because you got Brandon Jackson over numerous teams who put in for him but because you are the commish.

If it's inverse standings how were you first? Even if it was draft order you drafted third so that wouldn't make sense.

This is a huge part of our game and we need to figure it out ASAP.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw you picked up another player, how many waiver requests did you have? Is it possible the other waiver pick up was the first priority?

Because I looked at the transactions and it shows you picking first and getting Mark Clayton, Kool-Aid Maroneys picking second and getting Vick while Chater went next got Jackson.

12. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

How are you guys having so much difficulty with this? Waivers work in inverse order of standings, based on W-L record and points. Chater would've had 5th waiver priority, had every team put in a claim. Looking at the transactions, only 2 of us ahead of him did. I don't know why "The F'N Show" passed on Jackson, but i have 4 backs I deem to be better players and a roster full of back-up RBs, regardless of the 'strategy' of trading a starting back, I needed a better QB option than Ryan for this week. I had a waiver as 2nd priority for Jackson, so I got Vick instead, which I don't mind.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm looking forward to sending Chater himself to an 0-2 start. I'm confident in my money league team:

I would post what it is, but NFL.com's fantasy site was the worst fucking choice our esteemed commish could have made.

A. The interface is a C- at best, compared to other fantasy sites (yahoo being the best).
    B. It seems that in my area, nfl.com only loads 1 out of 20 attempts. Which I contend is BULLSHIT.
    C. As I was typing this, 1 of 20 came through, so here is the team I'm confident in:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (which I hate as a Vikings fan)
    RB: Joseph Addai (old, but still great)
    RB: Kevin Faulk
    WR: Danny Amendola (I've been told he's a prime sleeper)
    WR: Brandon Marshall
    WR: Santana Moss
    TE: Vernon Davis
    K: Stephen Gostkowski
    D: Philly

Of my three leagues, it's the only one where the projected is even within five points, and I'm gonna win all of them.

14. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just dropped Donovan McNabb from my team if anyone wants him...

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My complaints about NFL.com are still valid.

What an awful fucking choice. Yahoo next year please. Easy working interface for everything fantasy foot ball related.

If we don't play yahoo next year, you can count my $50 out...

16. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, if you saw my message I was having issue's with making Jackson my number one priority in waivers. I actually had to delete the original add, then to the whole process again so Jackson appeared first in my transactions. If you go to waivers it will show the players you are trying to pick up as well as the priority you have them in. Jackson was clearly first on my screen.

Here is the thing, most likely we can not do anything about Brandon Jackson but we need to figure out how the league does waivers. Kinsey pointed out that it goes in order of lowest points to highest, if that is correct BJ would be on my team. Unless of course there was some strange technical error that caused me to get Mark Clayton instead of BJ. If you look at the site message board you can see I posted a message asking about the waiver wire.

I hate to bitch and moan like this but we are playing for money and I think I just got screwed out of a starting RB on a very strong NFC contender, I'm not pleased. I doubt we can rectify that but can we please figure out the order of our waiver wire?

***** This is what it says on the site (Your waiver request for Brandon Jackson was denied because another team had a higher waiver priority)***** So simply we need to figure out what the waiver priority is.

17. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everything I'm finding says "Resets Every Tuesday to Inverse Order of Standings" so I guess we will have to see this week.

I know many of you are rolling your eyes and thinking this was a user mistake but I'm telling you I spent a while getting it correct. There was only one other team who scored lower than me so truthfully I didn't think I would get Jackson you can imagine my surprise when I saw him go to another team.

I e-mailed NFL.com and explained the situation, maybe they can offer some help.

18. Kinsey

Kinsey
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I like the partial points, 59 yds should get more credit than 50. I would've kept the partial points as before, but at this point we should probably just stick with what we have.

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This.

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I think we have to leave decimals in. Thank god for detroit's terrible D.