Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official TiB Fantasy Football Leagues Thread 2010

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Kinsey, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoever set up my league with my college buddies did it without decimals and it pisses me off. Leave em in.

I like how I managed to make only one game matter for me, with 5 players from NYG and IND. Fucking stupid.

2. Dubiosity

Dubiosity
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Dubya. Tee. Eff! That sucked. I missed the draft and thank god it's a free league because damn...Matt Cassel does not play QB for winning ff teams.

3. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who thinks NO's D is gonna grab me 9 points tonight for the W?

I think they will.

4. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sure as hell hope they do. I need their D to outscore Meachem by 3.2 points to avoid 0-2. One defensive TD, that's all I ask.

Fucking MJD. I shouldn't even be in this position.

5. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

God, I hate fantasy football. I have the highest points for, 2nd highest points against, lost by a combined 3.0 pts in 2 weeks, and am already trailing in the division by 2 games. Beautiful.

Not to mention the actual plays that beat me last night which include a horrid snap for a safety, a return guy going completely out of his way to botch a punt (he had no chance to advance it even if he caught it), and a very inopportune deflection interception late in the game.

Yes, I'm bitter.

6. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

S-S-S-S-Suck it.

Who's next? Warden Redskins? Get ready for the THUNDAAAHHHH

7. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm 2-0 with Kevin Kolb as my quarterback. If he plays more than a couple snaps, I'm confident.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking painful. I didn't win in any of my three leagues this week. Just... awful

9. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Oh my, what's this?

Durbanite's Dirt Devils 86.10 - redbullgreygoose 76.12.

This is why you shouldn't talk shit before a season starts, not even to a novice. That's with 1 suspended guy (V. Jackson) and 1 more injured WR in my starting line-up (Avery).

Anyone care to trade me a WR? I'm hurting a little here.

10. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's adorable, trash talking from a guy who has had the least amount of points scored against him through two weeks. You really think I'm coming at you with 68 points like Whole F'n Show in week 1? You're 5th in the division in points for, you're confidence is misplaced and hilarious.

Welcome to the mother fucking RAPEDOME. LT is here to lay some statutory lovin' on you, little girl. Just sit there and try not to cry.

11. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Not really sure how you managed to take offense at that, but I'll indulge you.

You can bitch about Pythagorean expectation all you want. I had Kevin Kolb get me .5 of a point in week 1, and Sam Bradford as my QB in week 2. We play to win the game. Whole F'n Show was the first to talk smack and we all saw what happened to him.

Reggie Bush is out, helps Pierre Thomas, but bottom line, I'd rather be lucky than good if it means taking your money, though my four fantasy teams are 6-2 through two weeks, despite owning Kolb twice, Ryan Grant once, and Michael Turner once.

12. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First off ma'am, any fantasy football league that doesn't involve trash talking, is a shitty fantasy football league.

Second. Should I have gone with RAPEODROME instead of RAPEDOME? I think it might be funnier.

13. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm just going to call you Pythagorean Expectation from now on, so go with whatever you want.

14. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's funny. See, it's been argued that sabremetrics and advanced stats are more useful in fantasy than in reality.

Which is awesome, considering I'm not the GM of a real team. Enjoy Kolb's negative VORP when Vick is the starter by week 4, concussion or not.

15. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me verses you this week Chater. Now if I can only figure out which QB to play.

16. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, that didn't take long.

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5601286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5601286</a>

Hey, Derek Anderson and Jason Campbell are available if you don't want to go with Bradford...

17. mrwarden

mrwarden
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Still confident.

18. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Free League

I think I might be thinking about moving Schaub for a top flight RB. Clearly Shonn Greene is not going to cut it...looks like he is going to lose a very significant number of touches to LT. Granted I'm 2-0 right now but Jahvid Best isn't going to score two touchdowns a game every week. Carson Palmer is looking pretty sharp and I don't think I would mind having him as my starter.

I just want to gauge interest right now, who would be interested in taking Schaub and giving up a top RB?

19. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't talk shit. Find me talking shit and I'll lick your asshole.

EDIT:

Actually what I said was that this is the first time I've played fantasy football since I was like twelve and that I would suck this season. Also, something tells me you have A LOT more free time on your hands than I do to perfect your fantasy football craft.

EDIT 2: It looks to me like I'm ahead of you in the division standings too.

20. Bob the Builder

Bob the Builder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did anyone witness the skull-fucking I took last week at the hands of Whole F'N Show? Take it easy on me boys....