Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Monarch: King of the Monsters

I'm not sure if it's worth recommending. It has great production value and set pieces, but almost nothing else makes sense. The three main leads in 2015 are basically useless and serve no actual purpose. The hip hacker chick is extremely annoying and I'm really tired of the trope of the skilled hacker that can literally do anything and does in order to move the plot along. The acting is really boring and is only redeemed because Kurt Russell is actually a fun actor to watch and breathes life into those scenes. The 1955 characters are way more interesting. The scenes with the titans (monsters) are great but we get far too few of them. I don't know, it started off fun but the second half has been a bit of a chore. I have one episode left so I'll see how this season ends, but the writing needs to be better to keep me for season 2.

2. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone watching S4 True Detective? We're enjoying it so far but two things stand out

1 - Is Danvers *trying* to be the most annoying person ever?

2 -
    In the intro, they clearly show one of the corpsicles screaming but then don't remark on that for the rest of the episode. Did I miss something?

3. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Danvers is the female version of House. She's not trying to be annoying, it's just her personality.

That's who they're talking about in the hospital. They mention that they may have to amputate his leg.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Looking forward ti watching it. Haven’t started yet.

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In response to GTE's rep:

Dead men don't scream.

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was meant incredulously. Like, how could that be? lol

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've really enjoyed Reacher, but I would like them to scale back a tiny bit on making Reacher an actual superhero.

Having him fingertip-grab a medical gurney with a human being strapped to it that's flying out of the back of a helicopter is more Captain America than I think this show needs.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Watched the first episode of Masters of the Air. I really enjoyed it. Same team that made Band of Brothers + Cari Fukunaga makes for some good entertainment.

I wasn't into Reacher season 2 like I was into season 1. The character's appeal is him showing up in a small town and getting into whatever local bullshit is going on. Him beating the shit out of people around New York just wasn't as compelling.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season 3 needs a writing and acting upgrade. I’m under no misconceptions about what this show is. I’ve already read like 18 of the books. It’s not high art. I enjoyed season 2 but season 1 was better. Season 3 will be based on Persuader which was a good book.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Totally agree. I definitely rolled my eyes in that scene which was really the first time I'd done that in the Series.

Since they brought Oscar Finlay back briefly, and then mentioned Officer Roscoe in Season 2 Ep 7(?), maybe they can circle back to Margrave at some point.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I suppose they could but if they did that, they would have to throw out the source material entirely. It’s one thing to have a cameo that doesn’t affect the current plot. But to weave back in Margrave into another book is basically a whole new story. Would be interesting if it means we get Roscoe’s boobs again though.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would find a way to weave a revisit to that shower scene, if I were one of the producers, lol.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear the makers of this show watched Fortitude and basically said “yeah, we can basically do that”

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I haven’t watched it yet but that was my immediate thought. “fortitude with jody foster”

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ricky and McMurray.

Together at last.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, dang. I've never played Fallout. The new show on Prime started a little - uh, not sure - but then, it's good!
    Boyd Crowder and Ellstin Limehouse sharing the screen together again?!
    Yes. I'm in!

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just finished the first episode. I'm in too!

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Played hundreds of hours of FO3, NV and FO4. This show pretty much nails every aspect of it. I'm actually surprised how well it was done. I've only watched the first episode so far, but true to form, the Brotherhood of Steel stuff is the most boring part.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love the transition of Lucy so far, without losing who she is.

"Golden rule, motherfucker."

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, the character just happens to be named Lucy MacLean? There's no connection to Die Hard and John McClane's daughter, Lucy, in the name? Was it an homage in the game from the creators when it came out, is there some winky nod in the game, or is it just coincidence?