Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

TiB's potential New Mod? [WDT 08/13/10] HOT BOSS Theme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prefontaine, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Chater changed it to the 600th reply since we got to 300 so quickly. Frylock got to change our slogan, we are now Bieber fanatics in case you didn't notice.

I have absolutely no desire to be a mod. Despite already getting 5 hours of sleep (8PM-1AM) I'm taking my ass back to bed.

2. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[message redacted]

So what up rainbow?

3. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was in a similar situation when I started grad school in DC. I'm going for my PhD In Clinical Psychology, so allegedly, I already have good people skills, but who knows. I moved to DC without knowing anyone in the area. The first week before the program started was the roughest, but honestly, I spent most of that time walking around getting to know DC. Find stuff that you'd like to do and just...do it. Though it's kind of tougher because you're in SC, there is stuff to do. I'm originally from Charlotte, NC and the common complaint of people who move there (and northerners in general who move south) is that there isn't anything to do. The issue isn't that there isn't anything to do, it's just not framed the same way as in NYC, DC, or LA where there are strips of clubs/bars/nightlife spots. You have to go out and look for things. You have to read the paper or look for things through meetup.com or the preferred method (assuming you're a guy) of finding a decent to hot chick to show you around.

General advice from my experience of going to graduate school alone- keep your eyes and ears open. Volunteer for stuff. Get out of your comfort zone (like you did tonight) and go out solo dolo. I've met some of the most interesting people from going out alone because I struck up a conversation with people that had I been with a friend, I would not have paid attention to.

If you're bad with women, this is a perfect time to get out there. Don't even focus on trying to pick chicks up. Just practice having an involved and interesting conversation with a woman. You don't have the pressure of your friends watching you make a fool of yourself and if she's a bitch, well, fuck her and keep it moving. Hell, even if you don't have trouble with women. Focus on being interesting and engaging when you have a conversation with people you run into. It works though. I chatted up a chick from the Caribbean while I was drinking gin and tonics last fall, but I didn't press her or get her number. I went to a birthday party of a chick I met in my program and guess who was there? Yep, the Caribbean chick from the bar. I ended up hooking up with her that night.

You'll definitely make friends once the program kicks off, but don't become a clinger and don't let any clingers latch on to you. That shit sucks, especially if it's a chick that latches on to you.

4. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can you blame me?

Reply #555

5. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any chance it hovers at 599? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of enthusiasm for the gig.

I'm hoping someone who hasn't posted in a while logs on when they are absolutely schmammered and types out a badly spelled version of Journey's Don't Stop Believing without knowing what's going on.

6. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It's the 1st post on page 40. Just like frylocks was the 1st on page 20. That is the 601st post of the thread, and the 600th reply... I'm almost positive... now back to my case of bud light, and inglourious basterds.

7. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only advice to give an adult when he moved somewhere else is just: Be yourself. Regardless of whether you go out or stay in, you'll meet friends and you'll eventually have a life you can enjoy, even if you totally suck as a person.

If you really want to, go out alone. You may not have much fun, but whatever, you could have a great time.

Most importantly, just be ready to be alone for awhile, I'm guessing if that was so terrible you wouln't have moved there in the first place. Moving somewhere new can suck, no way around it. Eventually you meet friends, or girls, or whatever. You can have fun going out randomly, but you will basically never meet a solid friend that way, so roll with the punches.

8. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Click on the link to Page 20, please.

9. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since I am awake and drunk, and it's early and I'm home, I'll probably end up being mod. Which is good, because I can think of three people I will be fucking with alllllllllllll the time.

10. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

You're right... I'm drunk... Page 21 was frylocks... Page 41, post 1 is the winning post.

Fuck this really isnt calculus. How is this so goddamn hard?

11. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two things: You've got a bunch of people insisting that one answer is right, and people tend to go with the crowd. Second thing: Page numbers start from one, not zero.

12. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny story. You know that saying "just kiss the girl?"

I went to the bar around 5 this evening, already half drunk and pretty stoned. Got dinner there and drank a bit more. Finally some people began arriving, a group of four youngish girls were the obvious addition. As fate would have it, I was standing at the jukebox putting on uber-awesome music (obviously) when two of them walked out of the bathroom and stood a mere three feet from me looking confused. We struck up a conversation, the one I would eventually set my sites on would convince me to put on "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake (which, all things considered, is cool), and we sat down for some interaction. Shortly after that moment, a lull hit the conversation, and feeling bold, I looked down into her eyes for a second and simply went in a gave her a kiss on the lips. A few seconds of silence followed, before she finally said, "I can't believe you just kissed me like that."

And, lo and behold, we hung for awhile longer, had a nice little make out sesh, and then I went home leaving her at the bar to do what she will. She has my number, and I made it clear I only live around the corner, so I'm hoping to get a call for a hook up here shortly.

*Fingers crossed*

13. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So... page 41/post 1? Oh Jesus, that's even farther than I thought. I'm going to bed too. I'll find out in the morning. I was wrong then.

14. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of course, now that you've said that the thread will grind to a halt. This is a primarily Western Hemisphere based board, it's probably going to quiet down significantly, seeing as even on the Pacific Coast it's 0240. My only excuse is that it's sunny in Ukraine.

15. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

True. But now I'm pretty sure I'm right, so I'm sticking with that until someone proves me wrong.

In the meantime, I haven't posted on here in a few months. Since then, I've graduated college, gotten my first real job, discovered I was a shitty salesman, got fired from my first real job, and decided to move to Hawaii.

Anybody on here from Hawaii? If you're a fan of drinking bud light and playing video games all day hit me up and we can become best friends.

16. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Forgive me if I'm off topic (why are we still discussing post number calculations?), but my Ninja Warrior was just interrupted by a commercial for some abomination called Booty Pop.

Fake ass cheeks? I'm too drunk for this shit.

17. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which island? Sam seems to be from or on Oahu.

18. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What, you didn't know I live in Hawaii? You on Oahu?

19. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I always thought you lived in London, England. I never saw the Ontario part. That explains your current time.

20. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't worry, being sober doesn't help either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.