Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

'Tis the Season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clutch, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad used to throw a yearly New Years Eve party so I found an easy yearly Christmas present by buying him a bunch of nice charcuterie meats from a high end Italian deli that he could deploy for the party.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We've pared down a lot in terms of gifts over the years too. With 6 kids and 13 grandkids it's a bit ridiculous. Currently the kids pool ideas and money for a few gifts for my parents and my mom does a gift or check for each kid and grandkid. I am kinda checked out for the whole thing. I used to care a lot more. Now I'll send a check but I'm all out of ideas. I think the last idea I was really gung ho about that we bought, my dad straight up said "I don't want this, y'all need to take it back." With the distance it makes it easy to disengage. I'm doing my own thing now and the holidays have been a lot cheerier for me.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been looking at this picture for a good bit and I have no idea what it is. I *think* it's something drone related?

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wish we’d do this. My mom’s tired joke of new undies, socks, and cash don’t make up for having to rush to find her and her boyfriend Knick knack kitchen gadgets at Target. My nephew gets presents and it’s usually what ever my mom tells me to order off Amazon.

As for the perks of being an adult and buying yourself your own presents. I bought a PSE bow for an early birthday present and I’m pretty sure I’m going to pull the trigger on a benelli super black eagle for an early birthday present.

Edit meant to say early Christmas present but my birthday is in a few weeks and buying your own stuff with your own money is the best thing about being an adult.

#24 Kubla Kahn, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah. It’s the new DJI Mavic 3 drone.

45 min flight time with killer cinema quality camera and 15km range.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like something I'd buy, use once and never again. Like my GoPro that's sitting in a drawer somewhere