Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead: Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they'll bust out of the joint with Rick and his kid throwing fresh magazines to each other after mag dump high fives. Sometimes there is high tension sometimes they pull the stupid shit like Rick giving his kid a respectful nod after catching a new magazine from him. GUHL.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They made the governor a likable fucking guy. Unbelievable.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah I caught myself feeling bad for him, he looked like a defeated wreck. At least he got his dick wet. This is pretty far off from the comic at this point so it would be interesting to see where it goes. I'm assuming Alexandria Safe Zone is next after the prison...

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The story they showed last week with the governor is from a novel written as a prequel to the comics, about how the governor became the governor. Only, the gov was the weak younger brother, his daughter (who is actually his niece) was still alive, and the tough older brother raped the older sister from the apartments.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was an alright episode. The chicks were kind of annoying (BUMP IT!). I mean Id hit it like a one eyed sociopath would though. I was wondering how some random apartment building had been totally left alone by the walkers for all that time and somehow they were that cut off from the usual experiences of other survivors. It didn't look like there shit was that protected or out of the way. I have a hard time believing they had all the right types of supplies to live that long and not have to venture outsideā€¦.

6. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You forget daddy drove a food truck and was able to drive said food truck all over the city picking up his daughters and granddaughter before parking it back at their building where it went completely unmolested by any passing survivors it seems. All while slaved to an O2 tank.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: Walking Dead: Season 4

Don't ask questions! You're supposed to be a mindless zombie while watching this show.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Seriously though. They're way more vulnerable and unbattletested compared to Ricks group. How do you know not know that you need shoot them in the head after this has been going on for two years???

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whats the timeline of the show? Wasn't Rick only originally out for like a month? Seems just based on Rick's wife being first knocked up to the prison delivery, which includes all of season one and two would be nine months give or take. Doesn't feel like it's been another year or so since then really, interaction with thee governor and all.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Naa it's about 1.5 years. Read somewhere that they're at day +553 post outbreak.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a shit ass fucking episode. Not a goddamned thing happened until the last 30 seconds. Not sure why I'm surprised actually. It's the basic formula for this show.

12. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

'

Same shit, different day, a walker is about to bite a little girl? I'll just grab it's fucking rotting ankle and try and pull it away, nevermind this pistol and knife I have on my belt.

And what the fuck is it with this "Mid Season Finale" bullshit?

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They do 8 episodes and break until February. It gives the full season 16 episodes as opposed to the normal 12. Breaking Bad did it with a year split in season 5.

14. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Bullshit, that made Breaking bad have 2 seasons of 8 episodes, not one season a year apart break. Not even Ross and Rachel had a break that long people didn't say was bullshit.

I'm not minding the current season, though the governor episodes are the most interesting so far, but to imply he might be better but just be the same crazy fucker was meh to me. Just let him install himself.

He's just going to get everyone killed again or just fuck it up for everyone and have the little girl get killed again Smart move is to let Ricks group absorb that group and then attack from the inside, not drive a shitty old tank and fuck it up for everyone. Governors long term thinking is crap.

15. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They've done it every season except season 1, which was only 6 episodes.

Season 2: Mid-season break came after the "revelation" that Sophia was in the barn.

Season 3: Mid-season break came after the assault on Woodbury that led to Daryl getting capturing and seeing Merle again.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone sent me this earlier today and I thought it was funny.

Attached Files:

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I made the mistake of watching Talking Dead after the show. And they had the actor of the latino guy from the previous post. My fucking god. I have never seen actor more full of himself over such an insignificant character. He sat there talking about the emotions and preparing himself for his last scene. I was like, Jesus Christ, shut up. You were nothing more than zombie fodder.

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, he said he did an analysis for every scene. I'm sure there was a lot of thought put into standing silently. Plus who wears an unbuttoned shirt with an untied bow tie?

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And they are really trying hard to poach actors from old HBO shows. Now they have Alvarez from OZ in there who is trying to sound like Pacino in every scene. I enjoyed last week's episode. But you have all these stand-in dumbasses with guns. Unrelatable characters who contribute nothing.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They'd never let the governor around the place much less absorb his group with him in it. They out him immediately and try to kill him the rest of the time. Dude fucked up big enough that rolling with stank would be the only bet he had. His episodes have been decent though, predictable because you know they aren't going to let him become some softy. Of coarse he was going to start kilin and being all nuts again.