Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Walking Dead: Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kinda pissed how they wasted 6 episodes on bullshit, then the 7th episode is like "Oh man, this is exciting, where is this going to go." Then the 8th episode answered "Oh, right back to the exact same bullshit we were last year with the governor at the gates of the prison talking shit. Why wouldn't he just run over the gates in the tank in the middle of the night and kill everyone? What the fuck is up with the zombies in water again? This shit is getting ridiculous.

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually liked the mid season finale. It felt more like a season finale but whatever. I'm glad the governor finally bit the dust. I just thought it was silly how his new followers were such sheep. After all his being nice to them and taking care of them, he just decided to do a military style invasion on the prison. Got the support of people who had nothing against the prisoners. And pulled it off. Yes, he told them his version of what happened at the town. But still, their immediate blind loyalty was annoying. I laughed when those kids shot that hot chick square in the forehead.

I was sad when Hershel died, but I also think it was important to kill him because now they have to regroup out of their comfort zone.

I watched Talking Dead again. I don't know why. But Lauren Cohan is fucking gorgeous.

3. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Did anyone think there was some sort of third party watching shit go down with the Governor and Rick? I thought I saw the camera cut away to two military-ish guys who didn't seem like they were part of either group, but I could be wrong.

Also, can someone explain to me why there even is a mid-season finale? It's bullshit. Just continue the momentum. The one thing I can't stand about this show is that it's just boring and talking and then BAM, in the last ten minutes, something happens.

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This last episode should have been the 3rd episode of the season, then maybe we would have something to look forward to.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Because they ran out of story at the prison. There's nothing left to go on. They've way over spent time there compared to the comic, they need to move on to the next place.

So can we always count on them offing the moral compass of the show to be ironic? Dale was the first one, now Hershel.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well glad they're finally leaving the prison. The first half of this season has been primarily a waste of time.

WHY THE FUCK would you as a parent, knowing there are goddamn zombies everywhere, let your 7 year old with no fucking awareness or strength get further than 10 feet away from you? She let her kid be 30-40 fucking yards away, its absolutely mind boggling that anyone would ever get that relaxed. #2321 Shit People Wouldn't Do In A Zombie Apocalypse. This is the shit that pisses me off so goddamn much about this show.

That and leaving any zombie alive and alone, ever. I hate when they do that. I don't care if the zombie is stuck by a tree, in mud, in a bathtub, or under a car. All zombies should be killed so there is one less danger out there. You never know who that zombie could scratch or anything going forward. Its just fucking stupid to leave them be.

Also, I hate to ask this question, How fucking hard would it really be to lock down an apartment building? I mean, there couldn't be more than 2-3 zombies in each room, you'd go through, clear it out, and move on. They need to go to the hood where every apartment bottom floor had grates over the window, metal screen doors, and shit just to keep out hoodlums. I bet all the people in Harlem are doing just fine.

God I hate/love this show.

7. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The dumbest part was them watching Rick get cover behind the bus, then walking past the bus without looking sideways anyway, then having Rick attack the Governor by surprise.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also love how what's his face got shot in the shoulder, but got up and ran away like he was limping. I never got shot before, but I'm pretty sure pain in my shoulder wouldn't affect my legs.

9. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. Fuck. They make it pretty clear it is easy as fuck to kill a zombie because the rotting flesh/bone has deteriorated pretty far*. Yet he stands behind a single rotting corpse taking dozens and dozens of high powered rifle rounds and nothing. It really did feel like a season finale instead of a mid seasoner but Im glad they didn't drawl out the assault until the 2nd half. Seeing Hershel go was sad but done kind of hap hazard, I found him wondering off with a half sliced neck only to be finished off sloppily by the governor to be unfulfilling. When Daryl had to kill Dale in season 2, that was powerful. Most of the people from the governors crew died with little fucks given. Why did the hot bull dyke become murder crazy? I really didn't care when the child iced her because well fuck child actors and their terrible line delivery. Im sort of going to miss the governor as well simply because of David Morrissey's silky smooth voice.

Glad they are moving on though.

* I never got into the zombie debates but wouldn't flies take care of the whole zombie problem pretty quick? Couple of weeks and all of the rotten flesh would be devoured by maggots….

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

World War Z Elitist Snob Alert:
    Living organisms avoid zombie flesh like...well like the plague. That includes bacteria that would normally decompose a dead body, hence why zombies don't simply rot but can go on until they literally wear themselves out, or extreme heat/cold does them in.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright smarty pants. Then why did they never notice Michone covered in zombie guts let her sneak undetected to the fences with all the baby formula? Care to explain why the fuck they never ran with that?!?!!! HMMMM??!!!!

13. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

World War Z Elitist Snob has no answer. World War Z Elitist Snob stopped taking this show seriously the day they showed a zombie using a brick to break a window.

Also it didn't rain that day so the stink didn't wash off.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

THAT STILL PISSES ME OFF, really fuckers? A zombie used a brick? What's next, they'll start fires to cook and eat their flesh? And that was like episode 3 right? So upsetting. Glad they've swept that one under the rug.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Someone takes this show "seriously"? It's about zombies...

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ehh it touted itself as a serious drama with major talented backing when it premiered on a network that loves to tout how serious they are about serious drama. You don't think major flaws and shitty writing don't dilute that image a tad? Of coarse it'll be fanciful at times due to the subject but it seems that anything goes now.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well if this shit was on FX it'd be okay. But AMC is the realm of Breaking Bad and Mad Men now.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But its been in that realm for a few years now. Those shows already existed when this show aired. But they keep behaving like the retarded neighbor that everyone had at some point. They should have stepped up their game in season 2.

19. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So after finally getting one decent episode out of the first half of the season, what do the writers have in store for the "premire"? I am not using spoilers for this steaming pile of shit.

So Rick and his little bitch kid lumber around and do basically nothing until Rick passes out from boredom. Then his pouting bitch kid takes a walk looking for food and almost gets bitten a few times. (which would have been awesome).

Meanwhile Michone wanders the woods and has some sort of breakdown killing about 20 walkers. Also if all it takes to walk in a pack of walkers is having a pair with no arms or teeth walking with you why the FUCK doesn't everyone do it? But I forget this show sucks.

So all in all it was riveting TV

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just want to second this.