Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] 1/27/23 BIRTHDAY BABES [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Jan 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's annoying because we all seemed to have agreed on a solution which was the concurrent-streams limitation. Allows account sharing while stopping gross abuse, with no pain to legitimate users. It was an elegant compromise that no one seemed to have a problem with.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah. It seems like an odd solution. Just set a up tiered device plan and leave it at that. What difference does it make if there are 4 people in one house streaming from 4 devices vs 4 people in different locations?

3. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they are trying to crack down on not the accounts with multiple user profiles but multiple people using the same profile on a multitude of devices. The shitty thing is that I watch it on my Xbox, my phone sometimes, or my iPad all under the same profile. So I’m technically sharing my password with myself.

They are only making it more annoying for me if I travel somewhere or something and try to log in.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We are currently mooching. Our friend volunteered to let us use all his streaming accounts when hubs lost his job. We keep paying for paramount or Disney+, I can't remember which one, for the kiddo.

I'm done with juggling all these streams with sub par service. I am just going to insist in the near future that hubs creates a household plex server and be done with it.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Right now the way their rules sit it means that when I'm on the road in my Airstream, watching Netflix via Starlink, I have to somehow log in from my home wifi, or get emailed a temp password every fucking day.

I'm going to just let it go as it goes, but the first time I experience any barrier to watching it, I'm cancelling my account.

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My kid has one of those and I have to say it’s pretty damned amazing all the stuff he has on there. He set one up in my old computer for me but I haven’t had a chance to mess around with it yet.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's basically a DIY streaming service. You just have to torrent or download all your content and then manage it yourself. Pretty awesome, but still something that requires a bit of work.

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the profit that Netflix is seeking is that # of streams is not priced at (Netflix Subscription Price) * Streams. They don't want people getting a discount for buying an extra stream for a friend.

Which is fucking stupid and I think is going to blow up in their face. Their policies are going to be annoying too many people using it for legit purposes (traveling, for example), and I'm guessing only a tiny fraction of the moochers were going to ever be willing to pay for anything.

I have a fairly large Plex server set up at this point after continually finding things I had streamed once were removed from the service, or finding that things I wanted to stream only existed on another service. Plex + Radarr + Sonarr means that everything for me is basically automated.

I'd happily pay a decent amount of money for wide access to the things I want to stream. I just don't want it to feel like unlubricated sodomy - sign up for 8 companies, who are all selling your personal data, so you can play the "which app has this" dance when you want something, just so that they can continuously shuffle the things you have access to, at a shocking monthly total.

Instead I pay ~$50/month for some hosting costs to have a cloud server that has anything I want, any time, forever.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Once Stranger Things ends with the next season, Netflix is probably toast. Others like HBO have both movies and original content to fall back on. Netflix movies are shit 95% of the time, and the last great show was Bojack Horseman which ended three years ago. Dead to Me is gone, too.

Netflix has almost nothing going on, and they want to fuck with their customers? I’m sure this will work ONLY in favour for them.

#49 Crown Royal, Feb 2, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  10. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everyone else in the country is like, "If I owned Hell and Texas, I'd rent out Texas to anyone with a pulse and live in Hell."

11. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Isn't that what we have currently? I know I've been unable to stream Netflix *at home* from too many devices accessing it currently already. That even goes for downloads, you have to make sure you don't have stuff sitting on some tablet you meant to watch but forgot about.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, it's what we have currently. It does a good job of stopping the people who would share their login online and you'd have a thousand people on one account, but without impacting the people who used an account within a household or with one or two friends/family members. I thought it represents a good compromise.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Definitely hell.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want my 1 minute 30 seconds back.

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's sitting in the corner with my 1m30s, thinking about their choices.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The Dr Teal's epsom salts with hemp oil and CBD definitely works deeper and better than the plain epsom salts. I have disc issues and this shits the bomb.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Purgatory. You will spend eternity watching that.

Also, Netflix just took a page out of Paypal’s playbook and is pretending their shitty policy was “posted in error.”

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today was the last day of the Wifey's full time job and they let her leave a few hours early. She came home and promptly took a nap. Welcome to retirement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.