Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] ACT OF KINDNESS DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I kinda side with the women on this one. For fuck sake even the military has mostly evolved beyond using tampons in pranks. Diapers, pacifier, teething toy, they all are more insulting than a tampon. Today's women are strong, badasses, capable of greatness... they just need help opening the occasional jar and mashing the spiders.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair he got it out of the dispenser in the men's room. It's what he had on hand.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone else exhausted with streaming services? Every time I get a show recommended to me, it’s on some service I don’t subscribe to, and I have a bunch of the bigger ones already. The fragmentation makes me want to just ditch it all and go back to torrenting.

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too. What ever VPN torrenting setup Bewildered and Binary talked about the other week sounded interesting.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m more exhausted by the shear amounts of crap on each one. I get recommended a show on Netflix. I activate Netflix to watch. After I’m done with that show I try to find something else, and it’s a fire hose of b to c movie content. I honestly prefer ten years ago Netflix when it was limited. I only had three unreleased Adam Sandler movies to sort through then.

Peacock had a deal where it was only $1 a month for the ad supported tear on Black Friday. I gobbled that up and just watch reruns on the office now. Too much other bad stuff.

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If there's some interest, I can post a more detailed setup. It's a little technical but nothing too insane.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Please do this.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There’s nothing strong or independent about making your boyfriend drive across town to put gas in your car for you. There’s also no inverse to something like that.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Yes please post some details, if you have time and don't mind.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is there a younger age we can shoot for?

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Plex server setup? I’d be interested. I’ve resisted it for years but I’m worn down. Would be awesome if could deploy on one of my Raspberry Pis kicking around.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Family day. It’s meant to curb seasonal affect disorder, hopefully slow down suicide rate due to that, and, apparently, it started because of cocaine.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It used to be George Washington's birthday, then President's Day, in the U.S., but now the schools just added a day and call it Winter Break. The banks still call it President's Day. Not sure about the Post Office.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife struggles with having the Firestick remote being different than the DirecTv remote and I'm still trying to figure out the Garmin watch I bought a week ago. Is this in our wheelhouse?

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My husband sighs deeply when I bring up the topic of plex server because he knows he has to do it but isn't emotionally ready to start. I think if I mention it 2 more times it will constitute pestering so I won't bring it up unless to discuss methods and a plan forward, perhaps with info from @Binary. We have a friend who has a plex set up too so if we need some help it won't be an issue. We just gotta get started.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I want to know is if these plex servers can be set to automatically torrent stuff through a vpn? Can you stream live tv well? Just want to avoid the digital copyright letters and watch some Premiere League games live instead of the crappy Peacock system.

18. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can add applications like Sonarr and the like to do it. I'm about to fire mine back up as well.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plex doesn't download anything. It's a media streaming server, for media you already have (or the Plex-provided streaming content).

My setup has Radar (for movies), Sonarr (for TV shows) plugged into a torrenting app that downloads over a VPN, which copies the subsequent downloads over to Plex for automatic import. It's pretty slick but requires a little time to set up.

20. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry about your boat, Canada.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.