Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

[WDT] ACT OF KINDNESS DAY [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You basically have to be a legit insane person to be in those races, the same kind of insane of that competes for the Tourist Trophy race.

2. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to try a foiling boat so bad. Something small, like a Moth.

It can get wild on any sailboat. It can be the coolest, gentlest ride at 7 mph. It can also be an absolutely terrifying way to go 8.5 mph. And both of those rides can be in the exact same conditions, just turn the boat another direction.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I learned to sail small boats when I was a kid. I “get” why people like sailing, I mean, I love it when you can hike up and get it tearing ass. It’s an amazing rush. Even in a small boat, it can throw you up like Superman when you hang on.

But sailing is almost constant work. You are switching gybs, ducking the boom so it doesn’t kill you, a dead wind can strand you and if you capsize or especially turtle the boat everything is horrible. But real sailors ARE badasses. The community who owned gas-powered yachts? Well, you’ve met them. Different community. Lots of white-rimmed sunglasses and hair gel.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I follow a YT guy called Andrew Camarata... he does a bunch of heavy equipment stuff on the cheap. I find it really interesting and it makes me wish I had a few hundred acres in bum-fuck nowhere near a Ritchie Brother's auction yard. Him, Diesel Creek, and a few others are a nice break from driving a keyboard for a living.

Anyway, today he posted a really cool video of him fucking off to Montana to do some snowmobiling.

Yeah, it looked like a ton of fun.

Being in SW Ontario, we usually have a shit-ton of snowmobile paths that are professionally groomed... more of them than highways in most parts. But I've never really had a chance to buy a sled and have some fun. I think part of it is that I just don't have that peer group, and it's a bit tough to just fuck off on your own and do that kind of thing.

Regardless, this video really got the juices going... might just have to see about doing some sort of fly-in rental deal before the season ends, but it might be tough... we're having problems getting enough of a freeze to even do any ice fishing this year, never mind snowmobiling.

Anyone here got a sled?

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm busy collecting treasures to bring home. I bought 12lbs of conecuh sausage, a framed pastel from an artist friend, and am commissioning crocheted flower potholders from my mom.

I have a few more I really want and it is inspiring me to pick up crotcheting again. I could only do very basic chains before but these potholders are really simple to make and might be a great, satisfying project to pick up. It would also be a wonderful hobby during the winter months.

IMG_20230222_131010_(1900_x_2500_pixel).jpg IMG_20230222_130850_(1900_x_2500_pixel).jpg

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@Kubla Kahn over here, begging for pics of my sausage.

2lb packs x6.

IMG_20230222_140327_(1900_x_1500_pixel).jpg

7. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got weird and invested heavily in Souper Cubes

Currently I have 8 servings of jambalaya, 12 of beef stew, 4 of chicken tikka masala, and 6 small cubes of tomato paste. I will continue to freeze food until morale improves.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still haven’t found any spice recipes for that sausage to try myself. Might be at a huge local grocery store that prides itself in the breadth of foreign and domestic offerings. Is this Cajun or something?

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's a huge pork processing company in Conecuh County, Alabama. It's everywhere in deep south/gulf coast region but if you go to their site, you can find specific stores they distribute to. They sell it wide and far, but not much on the western part of the country.

Edit: here is their site
    https://conecuhsausage.com/

I bought mine from Sam's club and saved a good bit. It was around $8/2lbs vs almost that for a lb in any other regular grocery store.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@Kubla Kahn aren't you in Ohio? According to their map, you should be able to get some in store. I make no promises on the pricing however.
    Screenshot_20230222-152627.png

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Soooooooo much sausage and cheese at the 'wildered house

I've also come to the conclusion that there are two types of families when it comes to food storage. Fridge 1/3-1/2 empty at all times or absolutely stuffed to the gills with extra deep freezers just in case.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just got back from the grocery store 30 mins ago

Attached Files:

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Why's your ACV in the fridge? Heathen.

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Nevermind. I'm nosey as hell. That bottle looks like it's filled with something else anyway.

15. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good, because I have no idea what ACV is.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on what Bewildered posts about her food purchases, I'm expecting Biden to make a speech any day decrying the war crimes being committed in her colon.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The real question is, how many gerbils have to die before 'wildered gets her rocks off?

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That Bragg's apple cider vinegar in the right door.

Like I said. I'm nosey as hell.

19. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, was thinking Alcohol Content by Volume and was thoroughly confused. And idk, that's the wifey's stuff. She told me to take a shot of it once because I had a sore throat. It burned so bad I thought she was playing a prank on me and was legit mad at her until she convinced me that people actually like to torture themselves with it.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

ACV with the mother is a first stop home cure all for all sorts of shit. It is acidic and has live active cultures. Yeah, it probably did burn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.